• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeAni Missed Opportunities

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Or maybe they could've done an obvious thing... Musicals. Or they could've even gone and done a more tomboyish route and had Pokemon-ified American Football. Or even made her aim to be the White Tree Hollow/Black2 equivalent champion. Or even something that they made up themselves! There were so many possibilities that they could've had with Hilda, but for some reason they just flat-out dropped her.

It's a shame. I would have loved to see some moments between her and N since he did appear in the anime.

Janovy

Banned
Or maybe they could've done an obvious thing... Musicals. Or they could've even gone and done a more tomboyish route and had Pokemon-ified American Football. Or even made her aim to be the White Tree Hollow/Black2 equivalent champion. Or even something that they made up themselves! There were so many possibilities that they could've had with Hilda, but for some reason they just flat-out dropped her.
I think they deliberately avoided doing another Contest-esque goal, it would have been done for the third time in the row. ^^

I would have loved to see some sort of Unovian Football lol.

It's a shame. I would have loved to see some moments between her and N since he did appear in the anime.

... I would die with happiness if they both appeared in the anime together. Alas, that didn't happen.

I think they deliberately avoided doing another Contest-esque goal, it would have been done for the third time in the row. ^^

What's funny was that the next generation they had yet more tomboyish things going for them but then invented their own version of contests. Strange how Unova is such an Anomaly in the Games (no Pokemon from previous Gens), Anime (too many to list) and Manga (still writing after like 5-6 years). I think they could've also made musicals tomboyish in some way, although that would likely be pretty tricky...

I would have loved to see some sort of Unovian Football lol.

I would've adored it. A bunch of teens in padded outfits running around with an egg-shaped ball while Pokemon help them in some way? Yes.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I don't think it was the clothes. Misty had daisy dukes and she was still picked over Leaf.

Yeah but Leaf wasn't around back in the RBY days.

No Hilda/Rosa makes me sad though. They should have had something (I'll withhold my sadness on Moon since SM has only just started)

matt0044

Personally, Iris did have a good goal going for her with Drayden but it should've been to become the next Gym Leader of Opelucid rather than the vague goal of being a Master of Dragon-types. Hell, Season 1 of BW could've ended well on Ash facing Iris for the Legend Badge. Not like Roxie had to be a Gym Leader.

Janovy

Banned
Personally, Iris did have a good goal going for her with Drayden but it should've been to become the next Gym Leader of Opelucid rather than the vague goal of being a Master of Dragon-types. Hell, Season 1 of BW could've ended well on Ash facing Iris for the Legend Badge. Not like Roxie had to be a Gym Leader.
Iris becoming a gym leader would have been too predictable and unfitting for her character.

Maybe in the future Iris becomes a gym leader, but making her one at the end of BW would just feel wrong.

Iris becoming a gym leader would have been too predictable and unfitting for her character.

Maybe in the future Iris becomes a gym leader, but making her one at the end of BW would just feel wrong.

Maybe her becoming a gym leader was why she didn't return in XYZ? Because she was too busy? o_O

Janovy

Banned
She can become a gym leader and still retain her dragon master goal.

And why unfitting for her character? Is it because of her personality? She'd basically be another Whitney.
Because of her personality, yeah. I don't see her sitting in one place and defeating challengers. She's more suited for travelling and adventure.

Janovy

Banned

Soniman

Break the Limit
Iris is basically missed opportunities the character and not building upon her being bred for gym leader or her relationship with drayden was one of them

Soniman

Break the Limit
Pretty much.

What kind of type master befriends a bunch of dragons masterfully yet only manages to catch a jerkish one with anger issues next to...an Emolga?

And for someone who is supposed to learn how to raise a dragon type she gets handed a extremely weak one that can't evolve, and fully evolved powerhouse with tons of experience already. I really wish she got that Deino. Was hoping her catching Gible mightve allowed us to see her get her first genuine evolution of a dragon type but XY wouldn't allow this sadly

Janovy

Banned
I'm very content with how she was handled a powerful dragon and forced to work for its obedience.

Much more creative than the cliche storyline of raising a weak Pokemon.

Iris not appearing in XY/XYZ is a missed opportunity, but then again XY/XYZ is full of missed opportunities :/
Should have replaced Korrina in the Korrina arc.

God, that arc was such a failure lmao. Waste of time and money.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm very content with how she was handled a powerful dragon and forced to work for its obedience.

Much more creative than the cliche storyline of raising a weak Pokemon.

Should have replaced Korrina in the Korrina arc.

God, that arc was such a failure lmao. Waste of time and money.

Agreed. Or at least have those episodes focus on Clemont and Serena instead since they desperately needed that especially with Ash doing everything in sight.

Janovy

Banned
Agreed. Or at least have those episodes focus on Clemont and Serena instead since they desperately needed that especially with Ash doing everything in sight.
Yep. Nothing screams 'missed opportunity' like ignoring your undeveloped characters to develop insignificant characters.