• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeathlon: Discussion and Records

Phoopes

There it is.
Any helpful hints for Pennant Capture? I'm waiting to post all of my records until after I get 50 pennants in that awful event. I have not broken the barrier of 42 yet. I usually go with Pokemon with a combination of skill and speed (Mewtwo, Suicune, etc.) but I just can't get any higher. So again: help?

PsychicPsycho

Records Updated :)
Any helpful hints for Pennant Capture? I'm waiting to post all of my records until after I get 50 pennants in that awful event. I have not broken the barrier of 42 yet. I usually go with Pokemon with a combination of skill and speed (Mewtwo, Suicune, etc.) but I just can't get any higher. So again: help?
I previously posted the following regarding Pennant Capture:
Pennant Capture: This is the most inconsistant of all the events; luck plays a HUGE part. For me at least, if there's a rock near the edge, I'm not going to do that well. I usually try to go around to edges and collect flags. I think the times when I've passed 50, I'll get in a groove where I can leave the starting line, go out and around the back and get 9 flags in one pass. So basically you have to get lucky. Sorry.
Also, a team I've been trying is Combusken, Monferno and Quilava.

And don't worry about waiting to post (unless you really want to). You can post again later with an update.

joshua121999

A tip about Snow-throw; you don't have to enlarge the balls before throwing. I tried enlarging them but others would just break it. -_-
So instead of wasting your time Tapping the snow ball, just THROW!

Ausgirl

So far I've only gone to the Pokeathalon to get the trainer star (currently on three) but here's my records anyway for those of you who might be interested:

Speed Course:

1. Hurdle Dash =125 points
2. Pennant Capture =108 points
3. Relay Run =160 points
Bonus points =62 points
Total =455 points

Power Course:

1. Block Smash =107 points
2. Circle Push =126 points
3. Goal Roll =75 points
Bonus points =70 points
Total =378 points

Skill Course:

1. Snow Throw =105 points
2. Goal Roll =125 points
3. Pennant Capture =108 points
Bonus points =65 points
Total =403 points

Stamina Course:
1. Ring Drop =171 points
2. Relay Run =101 points
3. Block Smash =50 points
Bonus points =50 points
Total =430 points

Jump Course:
1. Lamp Jump =132 points
2. Disc Catch =128 points
3. Hurdle Dash =113 points
Bonus points =56 points
Total =429 points

qwerty1111

breeder/battler
one question: has anybody unlocked the 4th room in the pokeathalon dome?
(i can only go up into the third room)
i am best out the power course(456 total points) and worst at the stamina course (347 total points)

Dragon35

(i can only go up into the third room)
i am best out the power course(456 total points) and worst at the stamina course (347 total points)

Yes, you just need to beat the records currently set on all events. That is to say the records held by a team of Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodil.

Relay Run: 25.1 Laps (with my Voltorb, Electrode, and Ninjask)
I am absolutely horrible at the Soccer mini-game, however.

PsychicPsycho

A tip about Snow-throw; you don't have to enlarge the balls before throwing. I tried enlarging them but others would just break it. -_-
So instead of wasting your time Tapping the snow ball, just THROW!
I've always found enlarging them was a waste of time. Like you said they get broken, but you don't get any extra points when bigger ones hit either.
So far I've only gone to the Pokeathalon to get the trainer star (currently on three) but here's my records anyway for those of you who might be interested:
I'll include your stuff on here if you tell me the pokemon with which they were acheived.
Yeah, it's not that special though.
Relay Run: 25.1 Laps (with my Voltorb, Electrode, and Ninjask)
I am absolutely horrible at the Soccer mini-game, however.
Holy crap, good one.

zapteryx

I'm always there...
I don't know how good my records are, but here they are:
Course records:
Speed- 509 Mewtwo, Suicune, Weavile
Power- 508 Metagross, Metagross, Metagross (yeah...)
Skill- 525 Espeon, Raikou, Kyogre
Stamina- 518 Arceus, Salamence, Entei
Jump- 471 Aerodactyl, Ninjask, Crobat

Event Records:
HD- 80.1 Crobat, Suicune, Mewtwo
PC- 42 Mewtwo, Suicune, Weavile
CP- 66 Primeape, Steelix, Moltres
BS- 120 Metagross, Metagross, Metagross
DC- 85 Crobat, Rayquaza, Zubat
LJ- 559 Crobat, Rayquaza, Dragonite
RR- 19.5 Weavile, Suicune, Ninjask
RD- 200 Armaldo, Swampert, Walrein
ST- 93 Espeon, Kyogre, Raikou
GR- 14 Espeon, Kyogre, Raikou (also with 3 Metagross)

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Mostly all my records:

Course Records:
Speed Course: 434 Rayquaza, Arceus, Mew
Power Course: 437 Typhlosion, Togekiss, Celebi
Skill Course: 390 Mew, Suicune, Swampert
Stamina Course: 397 Rayquaza, Tangrowth, Entei
Jump Course: 460 Celebi, Mew, Mewtwo

Overall Data:
Times Joined Pokeathlon: 84
Pokeathlon 1st Places: 68
Pokeathlon Last Places: 3
Event 1st Place: 178
Event Last Place: 20

Event Data:
Hurdle Dash 1st Place: 40
Pennant Capture 1st Places: 12
Circle Push 1st Places: 12
Block Smash 1st Places: 15
Disc Catch 1st Places: 20
Lamp Jump 1st Places: 21
Relay Run 1st Places: 31
Ring Drop 1st Places: 7
Snow Throw 1st Places: 4
Goal Roll 1st Places: 16

Action Data:
Times Pokemon Dashed: 10,287
Times Pokemon Jumped: 3,508
Times Pokemon Tackled: 5,887
Times Pokemon Switched: 442
Times Pokemon Self-Impeded: 111
Pokemon Acquired Points: 8,515
Pokemon Failed: 1,792
Pokemon Fell Down: 127

Event Records:
Hurdle Dash: 84.4 sec. Mew, Celebi, Crobat
Pennant Capture: 41 Flags Mew, Froslass, Rayquaza
Circle Push: 52 pts. Togetic, Sudowoodoo, Sentret
Block Smash: 115 Pieces Groudon, Tangrowth, Magmortar
Disc Catch: 106 pts. Celebi, Mew, Mewtwo
Lamp Jump: 514 pts. Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi
Relay Run: 14.4 Laps Buizel, Typhlosion, Gyarados
Ring Drop: 105 pts. Drowzee, Golbat, Tentacruel
Snow Throw: 40 Hits Lugia, Celebi, Togekiss
Goal Roll: 9 pts. Mew, Luxray, Magmortar

Trophies:
Collective: 4
Trust: 4
Potential: 4
Friendship: 5 (almost 6)
Total: 5
"A Skillful Pokeathlete"

Believe I've gotten on some of the record boards on the OP of this thread :D

11/11/11 Updated records!

Last edited:

ThisIsPatrick

My best course is the Power Course and best event being Block Smash. My record is 112 and overall score in the end of 582. Anyone gotten up to the last room coz its so hard?

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
My best course is the Power Course and best event being Block Smash. My record is 112 and overall score in the end of 582. Anyone gotten up to the last room coz its so hard?

The Friendship Room you mean? Yes I have. It's actually really cool. The whole room is golden with statues and stuff and you can win trophies. You just need to beat the default records in each event. It's not TOO hard, just takes work and practice at each event.

ThisIsPatrick

The Friendship Room you mean? Yes I have. It's actually really cool. The whole room is golden with statues and stuff and you can win trophies. You just need to beat the default records in each event. It's not TOO hard, just takes work and practice at each event.

Ive just got penndant capture to go, I just missed out by 3 points so close!!!

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Ive just got penndant capture to go, I just missed out by 3 points so close!!!

Pennant capture took me the longest aswell. It helps if your pokemon have high speed and high skill. Speed is used for.... well going fast through the umbrellas to get the flags. Skill is used for dodging other pokemon and weaving through obstacles. If you need to raise those stats, give your pokemon some aprijuice :)

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
That record I think is set to high it should be like 40-45 at most :)

Yeah, some of the records they put up are quite faulty. The ones for pennant capture and snow throw are just way to hard for me, but the lamp jump one was pretty low for a record. My forte is the jump course, so I'm really good at lamp jump, hurdle dash, and disc catch. At first the disc catch record seems too high, but I got 106 points once. Today, actually :) My record is 460 for the whole course. I find the skill and stamina courses too difficult aswell. I'm just not good at the minigames in those courses.

ThisIsPatrick

Yeah, some of the records they put up are quite faulty. The ones for pennant capture and snow throw are just way to hard for me, but the lamp jump one was pretty low for a record. My forte is the jump course, so I'm really good at lamp jump, hurdle dash, and disc catch. At first the disc catch record seems too high, but I got 106 points once. Today, actually :) My record is 460 for the whole course. I find the skill and stamina courses too difficult aswell. I'm just not good at the minigames in those courses.

The skill course is my Achilles Heel I just cant get a good rhyme going with any of the courses especially snow throw.;207;