• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeathlon: Discussion and Records

PsychicPsycho

I have a general question for anyone: what's your strategy for Block Smash? Do you rapidly smash everything or take aim to hit the cracks in the blocks? I basically do the first, except when getting a new set of blocks I try to aim for the crack in the top block.
I've become frustrated with the jump course though, because I can't get over 500 points as I've done with the others. I can't get over 600 points in Lamp Jump (a personal goal) and the AP earned from Disc Catch reaches a plateau; you probably wouldn't get more then 140AP even if you scored 200 points (which is impossible). I also have trouble ever getting any 'No-Miss' bonuses; the 3 jump events are probably the 3 hardest not to miss in. Does anyone not have trouble with the Lamp Jump points and 'No-Miss's in Jump?
Oh man, I thought I was going to do it today. I've been working with high-jump, high-speed pokemon, trying to break one of these numbers. I've also been focusing on having no failures in lamp jump. I usually don't get it, but I've been surprised that being more slow and delibrate yields better scores then being frantic. My Lamp Jump record has moved up a couple times, but not by that much (5 points, then 1). Today I had a nice breakthrough:

Records
Lamp Jump: 585 Pts- Yanmega, Togekiss, Rotom (Fan)
Jump Course: 499 Pts- Yanmega, Togekiss, Rotom (Fan)

Of course, I had to miss 500 by 1 :( It gave me more confidence, though- I feel certain that I'll be able to do this eventually.
Just 49+ hours, and don't worry. That was basically to show how much I had done it.
If you take the time to type it, I'll put it in there.

Last edited:

ThisIsPatrick

I have a general question for anyone: what's your strategy for Block Smash? Do you rapidly smash everything or take aim to hit the cracks in the blocks? I basically do the first, except when getting a new set of blocks I try to aim for the crack in the top block.

I rapidly hit the blocks with high power and speed pokemon.

Chimecho3000

I completed the Poke'athlon over a year ago. Here are my records:

Speed Course: 514 points (Raikou, Suicune, Latias)
Power Course: 567 points (Aggron, Nidoqueen, Scizor)
Skill Course: 562 points (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres)
Stamina Course: 546 points (Tauros, Pinsir, Heracross)
Jump Course: 468 points (Voltorb, Ledian, Skarmory)

Hurdle Dash: 79.9 sec (Arceus, Voltorb, Ledian)
Pennant Capture: 52 flags (Raikou, Suicune, Latias)
Circle Push: 66 points (Aggron, Nidoqueen, Scizor)
Block Smash: 151 pieces (Aggron, Nidoqueen, Scizor)
Disc Catch: 102 points (Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon)
Lamp Jump: 529 points (Voltorb, Ledian, Skarmory)
Relay Run: 19.2 laps (Arceus, Entei, Kingdra)
Ring Drop: 200 points (Tauros, Pinsir, Heracross)
Snow Throw: 98 hits (Delcatty, Gorebyss, Relicanth)
Goal Roll: 14 points (Abomasnow, Magnezone, Rhyperior) + (Bibarel, Kricketune, Roserade)

Medalist Pokemon: 210
Total points: 5404 points
Trophies: 40
Athlete points: 99999P

PsychicPsycho

I completed the Poke'athlon over a year ago. Here are my records
I've updated the master list to include your records just now. Sorry it took me so long.

Wow, someone else got the 200+ medals. How did you go about doing that?

Also, I like your teams for your Skill Course and Disc Catch records.

Chimecho3000

I've updated the master list to include your records just now. Sorry it took me so long.

Wow, someone else got the 200+ medals. How did you go about doing that?

Also, I like your teams for your Skill Course and Disc Catch records.

Haha thanks.

Kinda hard to remember now. I remember writing down a list of the pairs of Pokemon I wanted to use for the Medialist Pokemon, and I would circle them when they were completed.

ThisIsPatrick

Heres my team for the Power Course (yes I know I forgot to post it :p)

Granbull
Charizard
Starmie

In total they scored 505 points all together
Here are the power course event records

Block Smash= 130 points/blocks
Goal Roll= 11 points/goals
Circle Push= 55 points

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Here are my scores:

Speed: 447 points w/ Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
Power: 483 points w/ Gyrados, Zapdos, Victreebel
Skill: 457 points w/ Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
Stamina: 448 points w/ Ampharos, Ho-oh, Gyrados
Jump: 431 points w/ Ho-oh, Zubat, Golbat

Hurdle Dash: 94.3 secs - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
Pennant capture: 36 flags - Moltres, Zapdos, Fearow
Relay Run: 16.6 laps - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
Circle Push: 59 points - Magmar, Gyrados, Ho-oh
Block Smash: 110 pieces - Electivire, Mamoswine, Gyrados
Disc Catch: 76 points - Ho-oh, Gyrados, Zubat
Lamp Jump: 480 points - Ho-oh, Zubat , Golbat
Ring Drop: 129 points - Ampharos, Ho-oh, Gyrados
Snow Throw: 59 Hits - Magneton, Articuno, Moltres
Goal Roal: 8 points - Zubat, Magneton, Jynk

PsychicPsycho

Records updated
Haha thanks.

Kinda hard to remember now. I remember writing down a list of the pairs of Pokemon I wanted to use for the Medialist Pokemon, and I would circle them when they were completed.
I thought of doing the same, but I've found I don't usually set records when I'm focused on doing it with certain pokes. Like my power course record used to be held by some of my playthrough team, and when I broke it with a different team, I could never get the playthrough team back on top.

ThisIsPatrick

Speed course records.
Hurdle Dash- 81.4 secs
Penntant Capture- 42 flags
Relay Run- 16.2 laps

Total- 512 points
Team- Charmander, Magby, Growlithe

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

I was wondering- what's you guys' worst course? That is, the course with the lowest record. I've considered jump course to be my worst (and it has been) for quite a while, and assumed it was the same for everyone. However, when I started, skill was worst, so I was curious if someone found that jump wasn't their worst.

I've been wanting to go for a new Relay Run record. My record has been the same for a while, and I've never really went all-out in an attempt to break it.
Total- 512 points
Team- Charmander, Magby, Growlithe
Neat fire team. It makes me think of PMD

Last edited:

ThisIsPatrick

I was wondering- what's you guys' worst course? That is, the course with the lowest record. I've considered jump course to be my worst (and it has been) for quite a while, and assumed it was the same for everyone. However, when I started, skill was worst, so I was curious if someone found that jump wasn't their worst.

I've been wanting to go for a new Relay Run record. My record has been the same for a while, and I've never really went all-out in an attempt to break it.
Neat fire team. It makes me think of PMD

My worst course is the skill course, I really hate snow throw!!
I didn't notice that I'm coming second on the speed course :p I will be going all out to beat the 1. record!!

PsychicPsycho

Finally did this. I searched through my boxes for pokemon with 4 stars or greater in speed and stamina. I found about 24, and went through the speed course. That didn't work, so I went through that group for pokemon with 5 stars in speed, leaving Dugtrio, Golbat, Venonat, Togepi, Electrode and Diglett. I used the teams

Dugtrio, Togepi, Electrode and Diglett, Venonat, Golbat

They both ended up with the exact same new record, 21.0 laps. I wanted to try to set a new speed course record, so I picked Togepi, Electrode and Venonat (I don't care for the way the other 2 run Hurdle Dash). With that team, I slightly beat my Relay record again, with 21.3 laps (although I didn't set a new course record).
My worst course is the skill course, I really hate snow throw!!
I didn't notice that I'm coming second on the speed course :p I will be going all out to beat the 1. record!!
I used to hate Skill too, until I switched my tactics. Now I think its my best course, on average.

Snowden

Hi, new here. I spent most of Christmas break to work on Pokeathlon, finished everything but the last 2 Trust trophies.

Speed Course: 550, Ponyta, Skarmory, Skarmory
Power Course: 504, Seaking, Kingler, Graveller
Skill Course: 577, Gloom, Wynaut, Spoink
Stamina Course: 528, Phanpy, Trapinch, Trapinch
Jump Course: 468, Skarmory, Skarmory, Skarmory

Hurdle Dash: 78.5 sec, Ponyta, Pidgey, Skarmory
Pennant Capture: 51, Ponty, Skarmory, Skarmory
Circle Push: 66, Phanpy, Machop, Swinub
Block Smash: 136 blocks, Groudon, Trapinch, Typhlosion
Disc Catch: 96, Moltres, Gyarados, Skarmory
Lamp Jump: 562, Skarmory, Skarmory, Skarmory
Relay Run: 18.7 laps, Ponyta, Skarmory, Skarmory
Ring Drop: 200, Venusaur, Venonat, Golem
Snow Throw: 113 hits, Togekiss, Moltres, Kadabra
Goal Roll: 17 goals, Wynaut, Gloom, Spoink

My least favorite event is Block Smash, because it's so heavily based on the power stat, the cracks are frustrating to hit and time-consuming, and red-power often dazes your pokemon without warning. I'm still not sure how to consistently get above 130 blocks, let alone the 150ish posted here.

PsychicPsycho

Hi, new here. I spent most of Christmas break to work on Pokeathlon, finished everything but the last 2 Trust trophies.

My least favorite event is Block Smash, because it's so heavily based on the power stat, the cracks are frustrating to hit and time-consuming, and red-power often dazes your pokemon without warning. I'm still not sure how to consistently get above 130 blocks, let alone the 150ish posted here.
Wow, you've got some pretty good records.

For Block Smash, pokemon with 4/5 stars in power, skill and stamina work well (skill helps hit cracks easier). I never really aim for cracks and just tap away as fast as I can. If you get high tension (red power) with a pokemon with 5 power, skill and stamina stars you might be able to break 100 blocks before it goes bad. I know what you're talking about with quick dazing, but generally high stamina pokemon will sweat for a sec before getting knocked out.

Last edited: