• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeathlon: Discussion and Records

PsychicPsycho

I just have two on the goal line as goalkeepers and one outfield (with most speed/stamina) running around.... same as you ^^ Its the only good tactic with unless you have 3 arms for 3 stylus's
That's kind of what I thought. I'm not coordinated enough to even control 2 at once very well.

I did think about using my fingers to make each guy jump separately in Hurdle Jump, but that gave me worse results then just using the stylus.
Actually make that

117 Pieces- Meganium, Poliwrath, Charizard :)
I'll update the records you've added, if you edit them to put them into one post and delete the extras (posting multiple times in a row isn't allowed). You don't have to stick them all in the same post all the time, just if you happen to have the last please just edit that one.

Volcaronick

I got a new record in the jump course. And it was by total accident I thought I selected the speed course...until I saw all the flying pokemon.

421 Points- Arcanine, Rapidash, Crobat

Thank you Hurdle Dash! :)

Volcaronick

Updated. Am I the only one that does the pokeathlons anymore? This board is like...dead!

Speed- 427 points (Rattatta, Voltorb, Electrode)
Power- 508 points (Poliwrath, Arcanine, Blaziken)
Skill- 435 Points (Espeon, Miltank, Jynx)
Stamina- 471 points (Feraligatr, Gyarados, Ho-Oh)
Jump- 433 points (Rapidash, Crobat, Ho-Oh)

Medalist Pokemon- Ho-Oh, Togepi

Hurdle Dash- 89.8 Sec (Rattatta, Electrode, Voltorb)
Pennant Capture- 36 points (Rattatta, Machop, HootHoot)
Circle Push- 64 points (Poliwrath, Arcanine, Blaziken)
Block Smash- 130 Pieces (Poliwrath, Arcanine, Blaziken)
Disc Catch- 51 Points (Togekiss, Fearow, Ho-Oh)
Lamp Jump- 506 Points (Ho-Oh, Charizard, Pidgeot)
Relay Run- 15.9 Laps (Crobat, Voltorb, Rattatta)
Ring Drop- 124 points (Feraligatr, Gyarados, Ho-Oh)
Snow Throw- 55 hits (Espeon, Vaporeon, Jolteon)
Goal Roll- 8 Points (Blaziken, Espeon, Spinarak)

Dragon35

It depends on what stage people are in their games. Having got the star on my trainer card for the pokeathlon I've moved on to completing the national-dex.

PsychicPsycho

Updated. Am I the only one that does the pokeathlons anymore? This board is like...dead!
lol, this thing has been dead since it started. It's likely only because the HG/SS section has a fairly low amount of threads, so that this one has been able to remain on the front page and live on. I've always kept an eye on it though. I looked and it's had 6000+ views though, so it's not like no one is looking at it.

And at the moment I'm not doing the pokeathlon because I've only got 23 non-medalists remaining and I still need to catch some of them. That includes Mewtwo, Ho-oh and the bird trio, so it'll probably take me awhile. I do want to try to focus on the jump course, to try and hit 500 total points and 600 in lamp jump, so that'll probably be the next thing I do.

And again, please condense you 4 straight posts (at the end of the previous page) into one and I'll add your records to the master list.

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
I have got to the last room which is the 'friendship' room. Basically, theres some random fat dude who is like the master pokeathlete, and in the middle there's a statue of you, and around you there are statues of the Pokemon that you last won an event with

PsychicPsycho

I have got to the last room which is the 'friendship' room. Basically, theres some random fat dude who is like the master pokeathlete, and in the middle there's a statue of you, and around you there are statues of the Pokemon that you last won an event with
I hoped that you could compete against that guy (I forgot the name, too) in an actual event, but I haven't seen it happening so far.

Also, lolz for Wigglytuff in PMD2.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Pokeathlon is the best feature of HGSS imo. I loved every course, especially the speed and jump. All courses were good.

ChaosZero_CDC

Pokemon Breeder
I just found this thread and I'm suprised anyone started comparing scores. In case you're still taking records, here are mine. I just separated the Uber Legends for the sake of competition.

COURSE RECORDS
Speed Course - 519 pts. Togepi, Mewtwo, Arceus
Power Course - 559 pts. Cranidos, Happiny, Cherubi
Skill Course - 563 pts. Lucario, Toxicroak, Staravia
Stamina Course - 559 pts. Teddiursa, Kingdra, Chansey
Jump Course - 468 pts. Seedot, Mantyke, Ditto

EVENT RECORDS - UBER TIER
Hurdle Dash - 78.8 sec. Ledyba, Mewtwo, Latias
Circle Push - 66 pts. Combee, Mewtwo, Weepinbell
Block Smash - 130 pcs. Steelix, Groudon, Giratina (Altered Forme
Disc Catch - 86 pts. Darkrai, Bagon, Magikarp)
Relay Run - 20.1 laps Togepi, Mewtwo, Arceus
Snow Throw - 88 hits Mewtwo, Ledyba, Sunkern

EVENT SCORES - NORMAL TIER
Hurdle Dash - 83.8 sec. Lucario, Pichu, Suicune
Pennant Capture - 51 flags Dusknoir, Sharpedo, Seaking
Circle Push - 65 pts. Cubone, Meowth, Vulpix
Block Smash - 130 pcs. Wormadam (Sand Cloak), Starly, Exeggcute
Disc Catch - 93 pts. Taillow, Snorunt, Spheal
Lamp Jump - 542 pts. Ledyba, Suicune, Beldum
Relay Run - 17.9 laps Lucario, Togetic, Pikachu
Ring Drop - 186 pts. Burmy (Leaf Cloak), Golem, Crobat
Snow Throw - 82 hits Blaziken, Ledyba, Goldeen
Goal Roll - 19 pts Kirlia, Growlithe, Rotom (Fan)

My favorite of the events is either Relay Runn or Hurdle Dash. I can't decide. Pennant Capture bugs me. My flags are stolen often. I prefer events where its basically a race. If your opponents can interfere with you, you can have several headaches. The poor left team often leaves with 10 pts. or less in Snow Throw. Not my team, but it still seems irritating.
For the Goal Roll, I prefer to have two as goalies (very common it appears), but I send out the one with the best combination of Speed and Skill. Skill determines how far a Pokemon can "kick" the ball. Power (to K.O. others) isn't bad either.

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

I just found this thread and I'm suprised anyone started comparing scores. In case you're still taking records, here are mine. I just separated the Uber Legends for the sake of competition.
Oh yeah, I'll continue to update the record list until the thread officially dead (which I've attempted to prevent). The only reason I haven't updated Volcaronick's records is because I requested he condense a quad post into one, which he hasn't done yet. You've got some pretty good records though.

I hope no one misinterpretted this comment:
lol, this thing has been dead since it started. It's likely only because the HG/SS section has a fairly low amount of threads, so that this one has been able to remain on the front page and live on. I've always kept an eye on it though. I looked and it's had 6000+ views though, so it's not like no one is looking at it.
as me not wanting to continue doing this.
For the Goal Roll, I prefer to have two as goalies (very common it appears)...
Hmm, I figured most people just used 1 goalie. I'm kind of surprised so many use 2.

GengarsRevenge

I started the pokeathlon a few days. I just got my first medalist so my next goal is to beat all the records.

Has anyone earned all the junk in the pokeathlon? I might try to but some things seem impractical (200 medalists??).

Lobby/outside: Buy all the data cards and get the 3 rare candies from people who hold records.
First basement room: 450 points in all 5 courses to get the double crowns.
Second room: 10 crowns by getting I think 200 medalists. And the 3 figurines.
Third room: A crown above each achievement for beating a certain score. And there's 2 more figurines.
Fourth room: Haven't been here, but I read you need 4500 points in SOMETHING to get 10 trophies here.

Am I missing anything?

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I've beaten the Pokeathlon many times, and they were all too easy, even the advanced challanges. I'm currently holding a record at the very last room there. Now the only thing I do is collect collect points and spend them on items. Nothing special.

ChaosZero_CDC

Pokemon Breeder
You've got some pretty good records though.

Here is why I have good records.
OVERALL DATA
Times Joined - 525
1st Places - 514
Last Places - 2
Bonuses Earned - 1189
Event 1st Place - 1421
Event Last Place - 43
Connection Participation - 3
Connection 1st Places - 3
Connection Last Places - 0
Time Spent - 49:12 (I've done this several times)

EVENT DATA - 1st PLACES
Hurdle Dash - 229
Pennant Capture - 165
Circle Push - 94
Block Smash - 154
Disc Catch - 97
Lamp Jump - 90
Relay Run - 229
Ring Drop - 90
Snow Throw - 84
Goal Roll - 189

ACTION DATA
Instructions - 224753
Times Dashed - 82683
Times Jumped - 17172
Times Tackled - 29942
Times Switched - 3060
Times Self-Impeded - 344
Acquired Points - 57692
Pokemon Failed - 4924 (Curse you Lamp Jump!!!)
Pokemon Fell Down - 667

PsychicPsycho

Has anyone earned all the junk in the pokeathlon? I might try to but some things seem impractical (200 medalists??).
Yeah, 200 is a lot for the average player to get. But yes I've earned everything possible, as far as I'm aware. You're correct about what you can earn, although I can't confirm the number of points needed for 10 crowns in the 4th room. Probably by the time you get 10 crowns in the other rooms you'll be pretty close to 10 in the 4th, if not already there.
Time Spent - 49:12 (I've done this several times)

Pokemon Failed - 4924 (Curse you Lamp Jump!!!)
Do you mean you've got 49+ hours several times, or just that you've done the pokeathlon several times?

And yeah, the lamp jump is a breeding ground for failure.

Also, sorry, but I'll have to update your records later.

Spacial

procrastination
pokeathlon rocks! its pretty much the only thing i do on SS apart from migrating. i have a record thats like four hundred and something in lamp jump

Grei

not the color
I remember that the English HGSS Pokemon Guide had a Pokeathlon section, which listed each Pokemon that was considered the "best choices" for each event. Does anyone have that list, or have a link to that list? I sort of need to see it. :O

PsychicPsycho

Over the weekend I've been working with a lot of jumpy and speedy pokemon to try and improve my jump course record. I got close once, but missed out on the "Pokemon that _____ the most!" bonus and came up a few points short. I was able to extend my Lamp Jump record by a few points though, so it's not a total loss.
I remember that the English HGSS Pokemon Guide had a Pokeathlon section, which listed each Pokemon that was considered the "best choices" for each event. Does anyone have that list, or have a link to that list? I sort of need to see it. :O
I happen to have that guide...

Hurdle Dash- Golbat, Crobat, Jumpluff, Voltorb, Skarmory, Aerodactyl
Pennant Capture- Ledian, Clefairy, Alakazam, Meowth, Jolteon, Sneasel
Relay Run- Togepi, Oddish, Venonat, Electrode, Rapidash, Dratini
Block Smash- Typlosion, Steelix, Poliwrath, Nidoqueen, Muk, Snorlax
Circle Push- Gyarados, Nidoking, Azumarill, Machamp, Donphan, Dragonite
Goal Roll- Meganium, Raichu, Granbull, Hitmontop, Tyranitar, Tangrowth
Ring Drop- Quagsire, Vileplume, Slowbro, Wobbuffet, Shuckle, Ursaring
Disc Catch- Fearow, Skarmory, Dodrio, Gyarados, Hitmonlee, Dragonite
Lamp Jump- Scyther, Pikachu, Ledian, Bellossom, Ambipom, Politoed
Snow Throw- Raichu, Machamp, Meganium, Tangrowth, Poliwrath, Tyranitar

You can also look at the records posted here to get some ideas for pokemon to use.