• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeathlon

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
What did you think of the Pokeathlon? What were your favorite courses? Were you able to unlock the Friendship Room?

I loved this feature since it was the best thing about HGSS in my opinion. It was a fun way to pass the time and the jump course was my favorite since for me it was the easiest one to master.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really liked this feature since it gave me something to do during HG/SS's post-game other than just complete my collection of Pokemon. I liked the Disc Catch mini-game the most since it was rather simple to catch discs by heading to the front of the arena, while my least favorite game was the Goal Roll because it was difficult to control three Pokemon on the soccer field at once.

Cat's Eye Draco

I loved this feature, too. My favorite games were Relay Run, Hurdle Dash, Lamp Jump, and Snow Throw.

I liked the Disc Catch mini-game the most since it was rather simple to catch discs by heading to the front of the arena, while my least favorite game was the Goal Roll because it was difficult to control three Pokemon on the soccer field at once.

Oh gosh, I dreaded having to play Goal Roll. Pennant Capture was no picnic either, sometimes. xD

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I liked the lamp jump game since it was probably one of the most fun activities in Pokeathlon. I did unlock the friendship room although it took me a long time since I struggled at some of the other activities like the flag capture thing.

That jumping mini-game was probably one of the easier ones from what I can remember, although it was irritating when two Pokemon would crash into each other since they'd be temporarily incapacitated. The whole jump course was pretty simple, although I usually dreaded the hurdle dash game since one of my Pokemon would always end up being really slow.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I agree... It was cool, except for the jumping and race mini-games which I hated.
So... I personally liked the Goal Roll and the Wrestling one. I did unlock the final room as well, or better the one with the golden statues (not sure if you're talking about that one).

Yes the room with the golden statues is what I meant.

The block breaking game and the one where you have to push Pokemon out of the ring were pretty cool, but I hated the flag collecting game so much lol. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
Fushiki said:
So... I personally liked the Goal Roll and the Wrestling one. I did unlock the final room as well, or better the one with the golden statues (not sure if you're talking about that one).

By the wrestling one do you mean the circle push activity or the ring drop game? Because while both were pretty easy, the former was one of my favorite ones since there was just something really satisfying about pushing the other Pokemon out of the circles and hogging them for myself.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Pokeathlon is one of my favourite minigames in Pokemon. I liked the fact it allowed every Pokemon species to be usable in some way, despite some (such as Golduck) having mediocre performance in all courses. My favourite events are Lamp Jump, Circle Push and Block Smash, and I don't care for Hurdle Dash and Snow Throw. I wish the items you could purchase at the Athlete Shop weren't so costly, though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
My favourite events are Lamp Jump, Circle Push and Block Smash, and I don't care for Hurdle Dash and Snow Throw. I wish the items you could purchase at the Athlete Shop weren't so costly, though.

I actually thought that the snow throwing mini-game was fun. It's not my favorite one since I recall getting frustrated with it a few times whenever my Pokemon would get hit by snowballs and become dizzy, but at least it was straightforward and pretty creative.

MockingJ

Banned
I didn't really bother with this place in HGSS. I did compete there a few times times but I didn't have good Pokemon with high stats for certain courses, so I winged it and only won a few times. The prizes required a lot of points which I thought was lame.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
The Pokéathlon is one of my favourite features in HGSS.

My favourite minigame is the football (soccer) one. It's my favourite sport irl, so being able to combine it with my favourite franchise (Pokémon) was very interesting.

I also really enjoy the pushing your opponents out of the ring, and the minigame about taking the spots of light before your opponents.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
The prizes required a lot of points which I thought was lame.

I thought that the evolutionary stones requiring a lot of points to attain made sense since evolutionary stones were still considered rare in HG/SS unlike in the newer games, but I did find it slightly ridiculous that common items such as Bonguri (Apricorns) cost 200 points.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DLeck6211 said:
I liked it. I'm sad it wasn't in Gen 5 because it would have been perfect for Nimbasa City.

I definitely would've liked to see this facility in the Gen V games instead of Musicals, which were just awful by comparison and lacked replay value. But Pokeathlon seems like a Jouto gimmick that probably won't return in any non-Jouto based games in the future, unfortunately.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I liked that we could compete in the Pokeathlon as many times as we wanted even if we lost and didn't have to wait a few days like with the Bug Catching Contest. I liked the Skill course because that one had the funnest mini games. It just sucks that Magnus was the founder of the place but he never actually competed against us.

TwilightBlade

I love Pokeathlon because it never gets old. You can keep competing and even if you don't win first place it's still a great method to waste time in HGSS. My favourite mini game at the Pokeathlon is the circle pushing game because for some reason I'm really good at it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
I love Pokeathlon because it never gets old. You can keep competing and even if you don't win first place it's still a great method to waste time in HGSS

I did appreciate that there's no limit to how often you can compete there, although the same applies to things like Contests and Musicals. But in my case whenever I'd lose by a large margin in one of the courses, I'd give up challenging it for a few days since I'd be angry about losing, especially in that soccer field course.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Good concept but GF made some of the games too hard so they weren't fun. I'm talking specifically about the goal roll game and the hurdle dash and also the pennant capture. The goal roll one is like the bane of my existence in HG/SS.