• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

pokeball discussion.

briguin

Dr. Geek
Seals would be far cooler if you could store them in the PC.

My favorite is either the dusk ball or luxury ball.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
The dusk ball is probably my favorite because of the darkness that comes out of the ball, but timer balls are cool too because a little clock appears when you send the pokemon out (at least in 4th gen it does). The premier ball is cool too, but just to say you used it and it has that shiny glow to it.

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands
For me i use timer balls on pokemon that usually take ages to catch and the quick ball to catch th ones which always run away. Otherwise its ultraballs most of the time

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I try to match colors between ball and pokemon as well. Dusk and Quick ball are cool. I also like the Apricorn ones in HG/SS. The premier ball is my fave for looks. wish there was a way to get more of them.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I really enjoy the Pokeballs Kurt makes for you in HG/SS.
But the Luxury Ball is the favourite otherwise

TheGengarGuy

The original pokeball. Always comes through for me in the end. Also I think that if you broke the pokeball it's just like releasing it into the wild. I'm pretty sure that pokeballs are pretty hard to break, considering that trainers juggle them or bounce them on the ground.

EchoEcho

eye laws dug aim.
The original pokeball. Always comes through for me in the end. Also I think that if you broke the pokeball it's just like releasing it into the wild. I'm pretty sure that pokeballs are pretty hard to break, considering that trainers juggle them or bounce them on the ground.

what if it was ran over by a truck.

"YAY! SHINY LARVITAR! I FINALLY CAUGHT IT!"
*trips*
"WAIT! NO!"
*pokeball flies out of hand and rolls onto the street*
"LARVITAR! NOOOOOOOO!"
*ups truck comes by and runs pokeball over*
*pokeball is now a shattered mess*

where did the larvitar go?

Le_Juston

One day at a time.
I use a regular Pokeball.

It worked for my Zekrom and Kyurem after all the "better" ones failed(ultra balls failed for example) so now it is my favorite

I hear you. When I was trying to catch a victini for the first time on white, I forgot to stock up on pokeballs, so I had about 10-15, and it took me untill my last premier ball to catch it. Of course now that stubborn little thing is lvl 100.

I also went on to catch all white legends w/o my master ball including landorus, so the master ball doesn't really stand out to me much anymore.

As for what happens when pokeballs are broken? Well, we saw Jessie destroy her pokeball once when dustox was refusing to leave her, so I would expect that is the only true way to release a pokemon if its outside the pokeball. If its inside...

and i was also wondering whats so special about premier balls, if anyone can tell me.
Premier balls are only obtainable once you buy 10 pokeballs at a time in a pokemart, which makes them somewhat rare. Its like a buy 10 get one free deal, exept it only works if you buy pokeballs, and you still only get 1 if you buy 20 pokeballs at a time. Hence why I buy my pokeballs in 10s, and I like to have something like 20 pokeballs, 15 ultra balls, 10 great balls, and two premier balls for legendaries. I'll also take different kinds of pokeballs for specific legends like thundrus.

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
i also was thinking, what would happen if you caught a pokemon, and then you accidently broke the pokeball or something like that. then where would the pokemon go? haha.

I think the pokemon would technically be released as a wild pokemon if it doesn't have a functioning poke ball. Unless there's some sort of safeguard mechanism.

what if it was ran over by a truck.

"YAY! SHINY LARVITAR! I FINALLY CAUGHT IT!"
*trips*
"WAIT! NO!"
*pokeball flies out of hand and rolls onto the street*
"LARVITAR! NOOOOOOOO!"
*ups truck comes by and runs pokeball over*
*pokeball is now a shattered mess*

where did the larvitar go?

Depends on how the pokemon are stored inside poke balls, which I'm fairly sure it still unknown. If they're converted into energy of some sort, then the energy would dispel into the atmosphere since it no longer has anything to contain it.

Last edited:

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
My list of Favorite Pokeballs and why.

3.) The Dusk Ball. Considering a lot of Legendary Pokemon live in caves, this is very useful. If, you used the ball in a cave at night, would that mean the ball had a greater chance of catching the Pokemon?

2.) The Dark Ball. Pure genius. In case you haven't watch that Pokemon movie, here's a re-cap on a Dark Ball:

Dark Balls make a Pokemon evil. No kidding, this ball will corrupt a Celebi. It will raise a Pokemon to the highest level and all Pokemon caught in it are completely void of their own free will. The Dark Ball transforms a Pokemon into a Dark Pokemon, sharing similarities with Shadow Pokemon. The Pokemon's skin color will darken after being caught in a Dark Ball.

Why doesn't evil Organizations like Team Rocket or Galactic use these balls?

1.) The Cherish Ball. It is so rare, only events get this ball. I'm talking Mew, Victini, and Arceus. It's main color is red, and the trim is black

Le_Juston

One day at a time.
My list of Favorite Pokeballs and why.

3.) The Dusk Ball. Considering a lot of Legendary Pokemon live in caves, this is very useful. If, you used the ball in a cave at night, would that mean the ball had a greater chance of catching the Pokemon?

2.) The Dark Ball. Pure genius. In case you haven't watch that Pokemon movie, here's a re-cap on a Dark Ball:

1.) The Cherish Ball. It is so rare, only events get this ball. I'm talking Mew, Victini, and Arceus. It's main color is red, and the trim is black

@ The dark ball, wasn't that thing used on a Tyranitar once, and the tyranitar went power crazy?

And inch, click the Trainer Card in my sig plz.

SuperEpicRock

That's a good question. It would be interesting and more accurate if other trainers had pokemon in balls other than pokeballs, I mean, they really caught all those rare and powerful pokemon in just pokeballs? really??.

Anyway, I like quickballs/ultraballs/timerballs (in that order, obviously) to catch legendaries (and anything else) with.

Last edited:

kusari

Raptastic
Repeat or Premier. If only for the way they look.

>If the ball broke

PokeSpec has shown a couple of instances where a ball is broken in someway and it prevents the Pokemon in the ball from being called out until the ball is fixed. I'd assume that's what happens.

Earthia100

Premier Ball. I only use them on special occasions. (such as legendaries)

Other than that, Quick Balls are my favorite because I can just throw them right off the bat.

pkmnfn

DW Breeder
That's a good question. It would be interesting and more accurate if other trainers had pokemon in balls other than pokeballs, I mean, they really caught all those rare and powerful pokemon in just pokeballs? really??.

Anyway, I like quickballs/ultraballs/timerballs (in that order, obviously) to catch legendaries (and anything else) with.

another cool thing would be to see what they are made of.
what if the better pokeballs are made of better materials? (maybe more rare?)
and something like a dive ball would be made out of bedrock?
and... uhhh timer?