• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

pokeball discussion.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
Early on: Pokéballs.

Mid-game: Pokéballs or Great Balls, depending on difficulty of capture.

Mewtwo and such: Ultra Balls or Master Balls, depending on my current patience levels.

That's the gist of it. As you can see, me no care for pretty colors on my capturing devices.

Larry

Dusk Balls are nice for anything. Quick Balls work great in White Forest. Timer Balls are good for legendaries.

Dusk Balls and Quick Balls are the best.

Quick Balls are just baws, and they scream "We don't need no paralysis or low hp!" and Dusk Balls are also baws at night which is when I usually play

Keyo61491

Hakumei Tenshi
I don't care what anyone says, Heavy Balls are a God-send to the Pokemon universe. It WILL catch any key legendaries (as in not Mew, Celebi, Lake Spirits or any othe floaty legendaries) you'll ever encounter in no more than 3 tries. Also it's pretty much a guaranteed catch for Ground, Steel, Rock, and most Water pokemon.

AmericanPi

Write on
Dear Pokemart,
Has the issue about the inability to catch fainted pokemon been resolved?

UGH I hate how you can't catch fainted Pokemon! I mean, you can do it in the anime... and when a Pokemon faints, it doesn't just disappear, does it?

But if a wild Pokemon DOES disappear when it faints, that explains why you can't catch fainted Pokemon... but how would the disappearing happen? XD

Scaldaver

Limitless
Yeah, that is fairly ridiculous. what happens?

(groudon on 1% health) Treeko uses quick attack!

Groudon faints.

Trainer - "Yay, finally after hours of fighting this dinosaur thing I can -"

Groudon melts into a pool of nothingness.

Trainer - "wut?"

Maybe there sould be a fainted ball, which catches fainted pokemon, but it should be one of a kind per game.

Grei

not the color
I totally intentionally use Pokeballs to match colors/give a stark color difference. Pink Pokemon, Pokemon with feminine qualities, and Pokemon that are capable of healing are caught in Heal Balls. Hence, Audino are always in Heal Balls for me, as are Pidoves (the heart), Petilils (feminine Lilligant), etc..

I'll use Net Balls on Water-types, but for Bug-types, I'd rather use the Nest Ball, unless the Bug is blue. For Water-types, anything could really go in the Net Ball, but if I have to choose between a Net Ball and a Dive Ball, I choose the Dive Ball. General evolved Pokemon in the wild will be caught in Great Balls (or, occasionally, Ultra Balls). Only Dark-types are usually caught in Dark Balls, sometimes Ghost-types. Everything else I try to catch in a Pokeball, and I like to keep the majority of my team in Pokeballs.

AmericanPi

Write on
Some Pokeball designs are so pretty - Safari Balls, Love Balls, and Heal Balls come to mind - but I unfortunately don't get to use them very much. They should upgrade Heal Balls and make them, I dunno, increase the stats of the caught Pokemon slightly? XD

Dennikin

Personally, my favourite Pokeball is Quick Ball.

However, I once had a dream to catch every single one of my Pokemon with a plain Pokeball, guess that didn't work out for me.

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
Caught most legendaries using a Premier ball in Ruby. Has been my favorite choice if I'm ever feeling lucky.

Necro101

Quick Ball are good for catching random pokemon at the beginning of the battle and I fail I kill the pokemon and I find another one:) Or I spam the move that leave the pokemon with one HP and I catch it with another type of poke ball.

Dragonbeon

GS BALL! HAH! but in the games,i like... premium ball just because it looks cool,ultra ball,i caught most my legends that way,and the regular pokeball because it's classic

Indigoodra

Well, in SoulSilver, I caught just about all of the non-legendary with Quick Balls :/

Too bad they look horrible.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
I don't care what anyone says, Heavy Balls are a God-send to the Pokemon universe. It WILL catch any key legendaries (as in not Mew, Celebi, Lake Spirits or any othe floaty legendaries) you'll ever encounter in no more than 3 tries. Also it's pretty much a guaranteed catch for Ground, Steel, Rock, and most Water pokemon.

I agree completely. The loss of them in black & White isn't much of a disappointment since they're only about as good as ultra balls due to the lack many 903+ lbs Pokemon in general.

Last edited:

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I really only use Pokéballs on any Pokémon besides the legendaries. As for them, if it's someone like Cobalion, then it's Dusk Balls. When it's outside of a cave, then Quick Balls and Timer Balls suit me. I never use the Master Balls, even for the main guy. It makes it all the more fun :)