• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

pokeball discussion.

Streetlight

I always liked the way the Premier Ball looked so I'll go with it as my favorite.

Speaking of Pokeballs, If I'm playing through a 3rd/4th/5th Gen game, I always try and have each of my team members in a different style Pokeball. It's just fun to do for some strange reason. I also find myself putting certain types into certain style balls such as Water in Great, Electric in Ultra, and Psychic in Heal.

AuraWarior

Knight of the old
I allways use Ultra Balls, cuz I like the color :p I also like Dusk Balls, but I only use them at night and in a cave ofc. And I always try to save the masterball as long as possible :p

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Great/Ultra balls are part of a conspiracy.

Not really...

Hey, if you're lucky and patient you can get a pokemon on the very first regular bokeball thrown.

If not, then you could wind up throwing 7-10 more.

And even then, lets say I just threw 20 pokeballs at Volcarona.

Each ball is 200$

That comes out ot a grand total of 4000$ to catch.

Meanwhile, I throw 5 Ultra Balls and catch Volcarona.

Each Ultraball is worth 1200$

Thats a total of 6000$

The only thing you're saving is time really XD

I use specialized pokeballs for tough, or annoying captures, such as roamers and healers.

Other than that I go anime style, all pokeballs.

Cute

Kawaii for life~ x
Yeah, that is fairly ridiculous. what happens?

(groudon on 1% health) Treeko uses quick attack!

Groudon faints.

Trainer - "Yay, finally after hours of fighting this dinosaur thing I can -"

Groudon melts into a pool of nothingness.

Trainer - "wut?"

Maybe there sould be a fainted ball, which catches fainted pokemon, but it should be one of a kind per game.

It would be awesome to have a pokeball like that! Also, it kind of defeats the purpose of having legendary pokemon as they are suppose to be "one of a kind" But seeing as you said only one per game then why not.

Personally, my favourite Pokeball is Quick Ball.

However, I once had a dream to catch every single one of my Pokemon with a plain Pokeball, guess that didn't work out for me.

Quick balls are handy, especially when I'm RNGing shinies. Handy handy pokeballs to have.

I allways use Ultra Balls, cuz I like the color :p I also like Dusk Balls, but I only use them at night and in a cave ofc. And I always try to save the masterball as long as possible :p

Ditto, I try and save the master ball for a special occasion where it comes to a point where I don't need it anymore.. (as in I've caught all the in game legends ._.)

Victory

Banned
I only use Pokeballs and Masterballs. I don't like using the other ones because...I just don't :/

jammy3000100

Steel Trainer
Timer balls all the way, caught my suicune in colosseum which was the first pokemon I got to level 100 and have used them on any hard capture since and besides they look awesome. :p

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
I love dusk balls. Everything about them. How they look, how they work. Yes. Dusk Balls. Are. Awesome.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I think they should design special Poke Balls for every type, like they have the Lure Ball for Water-types. They should also design a kind of Ball that works best when used against a Legendary Pokemon.

icyman300

lets go...
I love dusk balls. Everything about them. How they look, how they work. Yes. Dusk Balls. Are. Awesome.

dusk balls r my favorite kind of pokeballs, bein that i only ever have time to play at night becuz of school and b ball. and they just look really cool.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
My favorites are the master ball, because I can catch roamers. Quick balls so I can catch Pokemon fast.

Lord of Fire

The Great Conqueror
I like Cherish Balls. They look cool. O, and I like Premier Balls a lot too.
But I only use Premier Balls to catch my favorite or main party pokemon. ;216;

I don't care, I just throw them.

Pokefan1023

Pokemon Breeder :)
For some reason I love the Luxury Ball. It's such a neat concept, and whenever I'm trying to catch a Pokemon I know is going to become one of my favorites I like to use one but it's no better than the average Poke Ball so it's fairly useless. Heal Ball is nice too, even though it's completely useless. I just love the color pink :)

PsychicPsycho

My most commonly used ones are Ultra and Dusk. I think Dusk would be my favorite, because I like the dark rays that come out when it opens. Other then those two and the poke/great balls, I don't use many other types commonly.

I think it'd be cool it they had more and better seals (from D/P/Pt, if you didn't play that one). Like the Electricity seal would actually look the electricity from an electric move. And it'd be nice if you didn't have to take them off before each deposit.
Thats a total of 6000$
Meh, the cost never really mattered to me, but I always spam the Amulet Coin/Luck Incense.
Timer balls all the way, caught my suicune in colosseum which was the first pokemon I got to level 100 and have used them on any hard capture since and besides they look awesome. :p
When I first heard of Timer Balls in 3rd gen, I thought they sounded great, but then I found out that it takes forever to get the time affect, and they've never worked well for me. Plus I don't really like the little clock thing that appears when I use one.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I mostly use quickballs,duskballs,and premier balls.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I really only use ultra balls and dusk balls. Or as long as it will catch the pokemon i could care less what ball i use.