• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

pokeball factory return of gs ball

sheld999

ok since we know there a pokeball factory in kalos. we will know ash and co might visit it. so what if ash tells oak he gonna visit it and oak brings up the gs ball again?? this might not happen but its a thought tho

zhixun

ok since we know there a pokeball factory in kalos. we will know ash and co might visit it. so what if ash tells oak he gonna visit it and oak brings up the gs ball again?? this might not happen but its a thought tho

If they are going to visit the factory then I hope they will be given a few different types of monster ball. I love people catching Pokémon with other monster balls so this is a great chance.

sheld999

If they are going to visit the factory then I hope they will be given a few different types of monster ball. I love people catching Pokémon with other monster balls so this is a great chance.

yeah would be good to see that again iswell... as long its diff ball to each of them like ash dusk ball serena lure ball clemont dive ball etc

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
The writers already said that the GS Ball was dropped in Johto because of M04. So why should they bring it back? They just hoped we forgot, and we should. All it did was allow Ash to leave Kanto and go to the OI and Johto.

Maybe Team Flare could show up here though, I wonder how this episode could be written. I was thinking that Clemont geeks out and begs Ash to go. And we see all the specialty Pokeballs. But then either Team Rocket or Team Flare show up to steal them. Or something like that.

sheld999

The writers already said that the GS Ball was dropped in Johto because of M04. So why should they bring it back? They just hoped we forgot, and we should. All it did was allow Ash to leave Kanto and go to the OI and Johto.

Maybe Team Flare could show up here though, I wonder how this episode could be written. I was thinking that Clemont geeks out and begs Ash to go. And we see all the specialty Pokeballs. But then either Team Rocket or Team Flare show up to steal them. Or something like that.

maybe this is where team flare and team rocket will meet for 1st time and team rocket tells giovoani and he tells TR to get rid of team flare plans

MattySadler

Yeah I always like when Pokemon are caught with different varieties of Pokeballs.

I don't ever expect to see or hear about the GS Ball again. It was a plot device that was dropped, nothing more. It got Ash to the Orange Islands and it got him to the Johto region, it did its bit.

What actually annoyed me more than the dropping of the GS Ball was Brock's Heavy Ball, Misty's Lure Ball and Ash and Misty's Fast Balls never being used. I really wish they had been!

KingCuno

Yeah I always like when Pokemon are caught with different varieties of Pokeballs.

I don't ever expect to see or hear about the GS Ball again. It was a plot device that was dropped, nothing more. It got Ash to the Orange Islands and it got him to the Johto region, it did its bit.

What actually annoyed me more than the dropping of the GS Ball was Brock's Heavy Ball, Misty's Lure Ball and Ash and Misty's Fast Balls never being used. I really wish they had been!

Misty used her Lure Ball to catch a Corsola. The rest went the same way as the GS ball.

MattySadler

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I think they even forgot what a GS ball even is

MattySadler

To be fair, what even was the GS Ball? It was literally a gold, unopenable Pokeball with the letters "G" and "S" on it. We never, ever found out anymore about it?

It was supposed to be something to do with Celebi right? That could've potentially been soo good.

Like I said, end of the day it was a plot device to get Ash to the Orange Islands and Johto region.

Like everyone said the GS Ball doesn't hold any value, it will never be opened or mentioned again. It is just a plot device to move Ash to the Johto region and that's it. More competent writers would know how to play around with this kind of artifact, which is seemingly indestructible, and have a field day with it by building an original lore and changing its original purpose to tell an interesting story, but not these guys. They are just plain not interested and you should know this already.
Also, the Pokéball Factory is just that, a run of the mill factory. They make Pokéballs to be sold in the market, they don't deal with ancient artifacts. Even I would be baffled if a factory could do something not even a master could.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
The GS Ball is simply one of many examples of the bad writing in the series, and is best forgotten about.

Arrow-Jolteon

Electric Trainer
The writers have no interest on the GS ball, and they'd probably like it if we just forgot about it. The anime has never been the best in regards to continuity.