• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeball From Where

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Just wondering what peoples opinions are on where the pokeballs come from when eggs hatch.
The obvious answer is that they come from the trainer but when you hatch an egg it doesn't take away from the stock in your bag, nor does it cost you money.
Any ideas?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Obviously enough the person who gave you the egg gives you the ball.

Honestly, try thinking a bit more next time.

Okay, not really. There is pokedex information to support the fact that pokemon magically appear in pokeballs for some reason. Check Shedinja's dex pages.

petstock

Blitz explaining things that have no real explenation is what some people like discussing. Thier is no need to "go off" at everyone who asks something they are interested in.

Alloute

Not Banned
Obviously enough the person who gave you the egg gives you the ball.

Honestly, try thinking a bit more next time.

Okay, not really. There is pokedex information to support the fact that pokemon magically appear in pokeballs for some reason. Check Shedinja's dex pages.

You are quite rude.

The PokeBall is given to you by the Day Care Couple, just like in the anime.

Hope that helps.

Cutty

Forever now
People seem to need to be able to explain every little fact of pokemon scientifically. I don't know why.

Think they missed the whole 'Magical Creature' thing?

Well, from some most of all my threads here in GD, I got some satisfying 'scientifically' answers from the folks here. So, where else to go? lol.

Maybe that for every egg given to you, you get a free pokeball...

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Or maybe they're born inside a Pokeball formed by an Apricorn the parents eat before laying the egg.

*shrug*

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
Maybe the Egg is stored inside of a Pokeball in the games.

I mean, if it's true that Pokeballs create the perfect environment for the Pokemon inside, for an egg would be a warm place, or a womb or something. It makes some sense...

As for Shedinja, you can only get it if you have an extra Pokeball in your bag for it. It's different from an Egg Pokemon, which hatches before you and then gets a Pokeball.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I'd just like to think offscreen in the Pokemon series, Nurse Joy just gives them an empty Pokeball.

For the games, uh, I guess they just give them a Pokeball. It's not Rocket Science.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
The common answer of the ball being free from the Day-care owners makes sense, so I would go with that one.

As for Shedinja, I'd just turn a blind eye to that one. No, it doesn't make sense. Just pretend that it's one of your Pokéballs and ignore the fact that it doesn't actually detract from your stock.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
The PokeBall is given to you by the Day Care Couple, just like in the anime.

That's what I always figured. In the animé, Ash's Phanpy egg came in a case with a Pokéball attached to the top. I figured that they'd do the same thing for the games, only you don't need a glass carrying case.

D

Deleted member 11515

That's what I always figured. In the animé, Ash's Phanpy egg came in a case with a Pokéball attached to the top. I figured that they'd do the same thing for the games, only you don't need a glass carrying case
This is it, presumably. :<
It's the only logical thing. D: D: D:

Status
Not open for further replies.