1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokeball Peril! (085)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Orange League' started by Serebii, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Pokéball Peril!

After arriving on Valencia Island, Ash & Co must set out to find Prof. Ivy and get the Ball. When they arrive, they see Ivy is fully entrenched in Research and she shows the GS Ball to them, but Brock starts to take a liking to Ivy. Will Brock stay with the group?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter Battle Factory Champion

Gosh - I'm shocked that no pokéshippers have discussed this one yet :p

Aside from that it was actually a very well constructed pro Brock episode, all his qualities were shown to great effect in this, the breeding skills, the cooking & cleaning skills, and yes even the female skills :p

Couldn't ask for a better send off for Brock, certainly much better than the one in "Gotta catch ya later!". "Friends to the end Ash, Friends to the end Brocko" *hard hand shake*.

Brilliant.

3. Professor Ivy

Professor Ivy 1st Princess Serebii

Favorite Episode

This is my most favorite Pokemon Pokemon episode. I do reseacher on it all the like for storyline to the away in look and even voice.

I do a lot with is episode. I still do. resacher On it.

4. xsweet_peax

xsweet_peax +kiss of an angel+

I just love the ending of this episode! Jessie and James proved themselves as pokeshippers and I just love how they were teasing Ash and Misty! It was sooooo kawaii! I just love Team Rocket so much after this episode XD ehhe too bad there areant other episodes like this.

5. Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior Well-Known Member

i swear that raticate was a shiny raticate!!!

so J&J r pokeshippers! and Ash and Misty blushed!!!

6. PokeProphet

PokeProphet Still believing!

Ahh. Yes, these were the good old pokeshipping days. Probably one of the most shippy episodes ever. Sigh. It's good to know that even Jessie and James are Pokeshippers, they and a million other charakters from the show.

7. Heracross

Heracross Custom User Title

I liked this little arc, it was a good series of episodes and a great way to introduce the Orange Islands. I liked the whole idea of having them travel around by blimp because blimps are cool.XP I also liked how Jigglypuff was featured a lot around this time. She was really funny and it was nice to have some continuity in the series. She was around a lot but not in every single episode.

8. Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter Battle Factory Champion

Really? How do you Jigglypuff's a female? Wow must of missed that episode when they said that.

9. Professor Ivy

Professor Ivy 1st Princess Serebii

Rachel

;249; Well Jigglypuff is play by Rachel lills.

;130; whta did you not like about this epiodes?
    :surfpika: For most people it watch Satoshi and Kasumi leave Brock. Not me. Hello Kenji.

10. Melissa

Melissa Guest

The episode was pretty dull until the very end TR was making fun of Ash and Misty. But it was ironic since Jessie and James are by themselves lots of times just like Ash and Misty were when Brock left. (Meowth doesn't count since it's just a pokemon like pikachu.)

11. Feity

Feity Storm Trainer

how exactly are the vileplume and other pokemon different?

12. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

You know, this episode loses some of its edge in hindsight, since we all know that Brock comes back 30 episodes later, he's had a couple of brief absences since, and his relationship with Professor Ivy went horribly wrong somewhere (and the fact that they were stuck with the GS ball for 60 episodes doesn't help). At least they gave him a good sendoff, since he really felt at home, but this episode just doesn't have the same kind of impact that it would have had if I'd been watching the episode six years ago. The only parts I like about the episode are Brock freaking over the messy kitchen, Brock taking care of the Butterfree, and the bit where they show the triplets trying all sorts of ways to open the GS ball.

13. Satoshi

Satoshi メイの大切の彼氏

This episode was really touching when I found out Takeshi was leaving. That last line Satoshi and Takeshi said while giving each other high-fives was really heart-warming. It was hilarious when Rocket-Dan was teasing Satoshi and Kasumi. Never really knew what happened between Takeshi and Prof. Ivy though...

I give this episode 8/10 for being well thought out, touching, and being really hilarious.

14. Lorelei2006

Lorelei2006 Guest

I actualy loved the episode and wanted to watc it over and over my sister taped over it.

15. Dark Aerodactyl

Dark Aerodactyl i am not a spammer

hey. what is in that gs ball?

16. Ashy Boy

Ashy Boy Paul's #1 Rival

No one has any clue and probably won't be discovered any time soon.

17. JONNO.FRESH

JONNO.FRESH Well-Known Member

An alright epi. Didnt like how they ditched brock but Tracey is an alright character

18. Crystal Clair

Crystal Clair Well-Known Member

That magikarp in Professor Oak's lab was real random..... and creepy. I doubt you'd remember it if you haven't seen the ep in years because it's just one of those things.
    Ivy's pretty hot, in the weirdest way. She's beautiful too. And those three kids were funny. We dont really see a lot of lab assistants in the anime. I mean there's Joshua and then there's Kenji but I'm not sure if he counts.

19. I don't think Brock's departure was handled too well. He didn't even tell the others he would be leaving...some friend, eh?
    Oh, and Crystal Clair, I watched the episode this morning, and that Magikarp was mighty random. Ivy can handle Gyarados, whereas Oak can only manage a Magikarp.
    Professor Ivy needs to get some sleep...

20. Ashy Boy

Ashy Boy Paul's #1 Rival

The only thing I didn't like about this ep was Ash & Misty being teased by Team Rocket.