• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokeball Peril! (085)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I just noticed how short and brief Brock's goodbye was. He didn't get a flashback montage or anything, he just said why he was staying and Ash/Misty were like "so long" with all happy faces on.

Tbh if I had been Ash and Misty, I would have been the same way lol. Brock was a cool dude, but he wasn't that close to either of them. Their friendship had always seemed weak IMO.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Prof. Ivy seemed permanently high and Brock was dense for even thinking that he'd have a chance with Prof. Ivy. I wish he had just stayed with Ash.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Prof. Ivy seemed permanently high and Brock was dense for even thinking that he'd have a chance with Prof. Ivy. I wish he had just stayed with Ash.

He was smitten with her, so his decision to remain with her was affected by his affection towards her. He was reckless of course, but I understood his state of mind.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic

Of course Brock was dense; his whole gag is that when he falls in love, he loses his mind and makes rash, questionable decisions. :p

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
An eh episode. I liked Brock deciding to stay with Prof. Ivy, although we never got to know why he left her and disliked hearing her name after this. The rest just wasn't very exciting, but the Pokemon that looked different from their Kanto counterparts were interesting, possibly regional variants foreshadowing.
6/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked Brock deciding to stay with Prof. Ivy, although we never got to know why he left her and disliked hearing her name after this.

While Takeshi's exact reason for leaving Uchikido-hakase's laboratory on Daidai Island was never stated outright, I do recall that it was vaguely implied at one point that Uchikido-hakase turned down his romantic advances, which broke Takeshi's heart.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Didn't anyone think it was strange how Brock was willing to risk his own health just to rescue Prof. Ivy and Raticate, who he barely even knew?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Didn't anyone think it was strange how Brock was willing to risk his own health just to rescue Prof. Ivy and Raticate, who he barely even knew?

Takeshi loves Pokemon deeply, so him intervening to help the Ratta fit his personality even if it was reckless. As for why he saved Uchikido-hakase, that's self-explanatory because we knew that he was developing feelings for her throughout the episode.

Daizy

I call you honey
The scene in the blimp where Team Rocket were calling Ash and Misty 'lovebirds' was hilarious! :)
Sad to see Brock leave the group (even though it's only temporary).

Team Rocket shipping Ash and Misty on the blimp was cute and it shows how even minor characters could sense Ash and Misty's true romantic feelings.

When Prof Ivy was shown, I thought she was way too young to be a professor. Her assistants annoyed me since they all looked the same. Brock saying goodbye rubbed me the wrong way.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I still find it amusing that Uchikido-hakase didn't simply have one of her three assistants deliver the GS Ball to Okido-hakase, instead of asking Satoshi to take it to him.

MockingJ

Banned
Watched this again a few days ago. Yeah, it was sad that Brock left, but that at least gave time for Misty and Ash to be together. And Team Rocket teasing them...wow.

Brock only left to make room for Tracey though which feels like a bad trade since Tracey was all kinds of boring.

Valencia Island looked a lot like the islands that we see in Alola and Professor Ivy seemed like the anti-Oak because she was young and kind of had a feeling of not being too serious about her work unlike Oak. Brock deciding to stay was rushed and he didn't even know Ivy well enough to make such a huge decision, but I guess that the writers just wanted him off the show as fast as possible.

I thought that Professor Ivy's lazy and relaxed attitude was cool because she was like the opposite of uptight and serious Professor Oak. I think Brock made the wrong decision when he decided to stay though because Ivy didn't seem to like him romantically and you could tell that Brock's housework skills would be abused. My favorite scene was when Team Rocket locked Misty and Ash in the cage and implied that they were actually in love with each other. 8/10

TerrieGunter

It's Lapras!
I quite liked this episode. Although I must say it's sad to see Brock leave the group. But he is trying to be a breeder and all. Team Rocket didn't get to do much in this one, but they ended the episode on a nice cliff hanger.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Team Rocket didn't get to do much in this one, but they ended the episode on a nice cliff hanger.

They were the ones responsible for the attack on Misty and Ash in the blimp and I'd even fault Jigglypuff for that too but it was mostly the Team Rocket trio's fault for continuing their previous blimp scheme.

Team Rocket shipping Ash and Misty on the blimp was cute and it shows how even minor characters could sense Ash and Misty's true romantic feelings.
TRio aren't minor characters. Funny how they couldn't sense (correct me if Im wrong) Serena's feelings for Ash. I think they did tease them once behind their backs (XY059)

Not a fan of this episode. Prof. Ivy seemed very seducive and her assistants were very annoying. Plus the whole "Ash and Misty are lovebirds thing" kinda bothered me (don't ship them together), but they probably blushed (at least in Ash's case) because he was embrassed that TRio would say something so stupid, however I do think that Misty had some feelings for Ash, but he didn't recuperate them, but that's just my opinion.