• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokebank OU: "Dat Diggersby Tho?"

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
First Look:
660.png
596.png
149.png
186.png
598.png
630.png
My team revolves the up and coming star, Diggersby. With this 6th Gen pokemon getting Huge Power I just knew this guy was a real Official Gangsta. I mainly revolve the team around him and allow him to beat the crap out of anyone who gets in his way.

IN-DEPTH LOOK:

660.png

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Return

Diggersby allows me to sweep with a choice banded beast. Diggersby can be set up with Galvantula's Sticky Web. This allows Diggersby to outspeed everything except for Flying and Levitation pokemon.
Diggersby hits well with STAB EQ and STAB Return, which is a vital two moves for this pokemon. They hit hard af and dont dissapoint. Taking out the likes of Aggron, and many other Defensive pokemon.

596.png

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch

Galvantula, a pokemon who is very important this gen in allowing slower pokemon to clean house. With Focus Sash this allows me to set up my Sticky Web with not worries, and with his Speed I then have the chance to get off either a Bug Buzz, Thunder, or Volt Switch. This pokemon is vital to this team as it allows Diggersby to shine, with Diggersby's low speed he is not really able to out-speed others, that is why Sticky Web is involved.

149.png

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Agility

DNITE! What a great pokemon! I have him set up with his rain moveset, which includes a non missing Thunder (while in the rain), and Stab Hurricane. I also added Surf and Agility to DNite to allow him to take out the likes of Heatran.

186.png

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 216 HP / 136 SAtk / 156 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Attract

Politoed is a beast. With Scald, Ice Beam, and Focus Blast, he is able to cover so many different types of Pokemon. And when you throw an unexpected Attract in there, things get a lil steamy (if you know what I mean!) So all in all this poke is great, with Drizzle I can then set up DNite'S Rain Set, and give Galvantula one less weakness to worry about.

598.png

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 128 Atk / 252 Def / 128 SDef
Brave Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

FERRO FERRO! OHHH BABY!! Ferro is a beast of a poke as well. As It allows my team to have a defensive wall of no return. Ferro in the rain is awesome, by allowing it to be "less-weaker" to fire while in the rain.
Not much else to say about ferro, you guys already know about him! :D

630.png

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

To finish off we have our Sp.Def Wall, Good ole Mandibuzz! This bird is great, it allows me to Defog the opponent, Knock off their Item, and Whirlwind them the hell outta battle! Not much to say about that! This bird is a beast!

LAST LOOK!
So I hope you guys enjoyed my RMT of "Diggersby Tho?"
I have had some success with this team and I hope you guys on the forums can give me some feedback! Thanks again!

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Return

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Agility

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 216 HP / 136 SAtk / 156 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Attract

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 128 Atk / 252 Def / 128 SDef
Brave Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

ger9119

I'd suggest changing Politoad's spread first off, Toxic is better than Attract . Also you're running quiet nature which is going to negatively effect Toad because you're trying to abuse sticky web. If you want to run a bulky toad try the perish song set, if not you should consider Specs Politoad which can do chunks of damage with rain boosted stab Hydro Pump.

Ferro need's Steath Rock, take one of those attacking moves away from it and give it rocks. Also taking away the attack EV's and putting them into more bulk will be greatly appreciated. Also leech seed can be considered an option to give it a recovery move to help further drain stuff attacking with rocky helmet.

For Mandibuzz i like Foul Play more, because it hits generally harder than Knock Off other than the first hit but that's just my personal preference.

Other than those changes it looks pretty soild to me

Killadave

I, Would Definatly use Foul Play>Knockoff on Mandibuzz as even though Knockoff got Buffed Foul Play Punishes Genesect that wanna come in and get the 1.5 ATK Raise, and Other Physical ATKers. Plus it 2hko Gengar

Zenosparadox

Happiny<3
I've been using diggersby aswell and I would use Stone edge over u-turn. Stone edge does serious damage all the flying type pokemon like Charizard that switch in when a earthquake is predicted. That's just me. And I like knock off more then foul play because if you whirlwind te opponent, you can get the knock off bonus gain and almost all pokemon hate having no item.

McDanger

Cause most of there rates are bad

I give you credit for using rain despite its rather sub par ability compared to other teams now, as well as banded Diggersby. Onto the rate, going to do it in spoilers as i have a lot to say

Diggersby

While i respect you using diggersby, you fail to make use of its wall breaking power to clear the way for a physical sweeper. As such, I suggest wild charge over quick attack to beat common switch ins such as skarmory while stone edge is another option, but i feel wild charge fits better. Quick attack isnt to needed as you should just u turn more often then anything else to scout and create good situations to bring in big threats that can abuse the rain. Because of this, a choice scarf is a possible idea to gain more momentum, especially since most rain abusers are special and dont need physical walls broken.

Galvantula

While sticky web is cool, galvantula is sub par. I suggest Kingdra as a replacement as it can make use of rain from politoed to sweep, but its more going to wall break then anything to funnel for a dragonite sweep (see below). Kingdra will bait in bulk grass pokemon and fairies and weaken them so dragonite can sweep easier, as well as shoot for a sweep by itself. The biggest problem kingdra will run into is not enough rain or talonflame, tho talonflame cant switch straight in so you can rotate kingdra in and out and pick off threats on the opposing team with ease.

Kingdra@life orb
modest
252sp attack/4sp def/252 speed
swift swim
-hydro pump
-ice beam
-dragon pulse/draco meteor
-rain dance/draco meteor

Dragonite

Dragonite should always run a dragon dance set, especially with diggersby as a wall breaker. With kingdra suggested above, dragonite can do an exceptional role as a sweeper as both diggersby and kingdra baiting in skarmory and fairies respectfully, aiding in dragonites sweep. After a dragon dance, dragonite isnt easily threatened as it can check talonflame and such easily with extreme speed.

Dragonite@lum berry/leftovers
adamant
252attack/4sp def/252speed
-dragon dance
-outrage/dragon claw
-earthquake
-extreme speed

Politoed

Politoed is rather sub par especially with the fall of perminate rain. As such, a bulky set would work better to give politoed more longevity to set up rain, more to stop other weathers then anything else. Politoed should use either leftovers or a damp rock, i personally support the damp rock as it increase the duration of rain helping kingdra, tho with leftovers it may be needed to run rain dance on kingdra. The last spot should probably be encore or perish song as it allows you to get kingdra in safer by forcing out the opponents pokemon.

Politoed@damp rock/leftovers
bold
252hp/252def/4sp attack
-scald
-toxic
-ice beam/encore/perish song
-rain dance/encore/perish song

Ferrthorn

Ferrothorn is mainly a defensive pokemon, but i dont think it fits to well here as it makes you weak to Azumarill. As such, I recommend Mega Venusaur as it tanks hits better then ferrothorn, as well as pivot into fighting threats such as terrakion and keldeo that threaten dragonite and diggersby, while absorbing the stray spore that can be annoying. Mega Venusaur can have some problems with longevity as it depends on synthesis which only heals 25% in the rain, making leech seed a nice way to help heal.

Venusaur@venusaurite
calm
252hp/4sp attack/252sp attack
-synthesis
-leech seed
-protect/toxic
-giga drain

Mandibuzz

If you follow what i suggested above, mega venusaur can beat mixed aegislash easily while diggersby can beat any aegislash that isnt automize, making mandibuzz not the best choice anymore, especially with mega gengars ban. As such, i recommend Excadrill who can beat annoying rotom wash as well as set up and remove hazards to help dragonite sweep, tho diggersby doesnt care about any except spikes.

Excadrill@leftovers
adamant
252hp/44def/212speed
mold breaker
-earthquake
-rock slide/iron head/toxic
-stealth rocks
-rapid spin

Rising Star

Certified Boss
^What mcdanger said. Except you're gonna want to use the almighty FOCUS ENERGY kingdra.

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest/Timid Nature
- Agility
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Surf / Hydro Pump

GG.

-----------------------------

Okay serious rate though.

Mcdanger explained it perfectly. A slow but powerful pokemon like banded diggersby isn't meant to be a sweeper. Its purpose is to help break down walls so that you can sweep with a faster pokemon. The set you have now is fine imo, but wild charge is useful is you feel like your team has trouble with bulky waters / skarmory. But most bulky waters like suicune will be hit just as hard by return.

don't see anything wrong with this pokemon. HP Ice is an option to hit gliscor/landorus/garchomp to give your diggersby an easier time. You'd have to take off volt switch though, which sacrifices momentum.

I'm not a huge fan of this set. It's slow and lacks the wallbreaking abilities your team needs. It's forced out by specials walls like chansey/blissey, set up on by clefable and sylveon, and outsped by common threats like greninja who can ohko you with ice beam. I think that a better pokemon would be:

Tornadus-T @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Taunt shuts down walls and allows you to spam hurricane. U-turn adds to volt-turn core. Superpower prevents blissey/chansey from walling you. Regenerator somewhat alleviates stealth rock problem. Speed helps you to outspeed most non-scarfers. Unfortunately, greninja still outspeeds you by a point though. :[

Don't use attract. It isn't a very good move competitively and it's heavily reliant on luck. Plus, your opponent can just switch out. That doesn't help you that much since your team doesnt really abuse hazards. Toxic, on the other hand, allows you to cripple a threat and prevents pokemon like mega charizard from setting up too much. Oh and change focus blast to protect or perish song. Perish song is for baton pass.

Yup, go with mega venusaur - for all the reasons Mcdanger stated.

I think mandibuzz is fine, given how good it is right now. Give it foul play over knock off for physical attackers like mega kanga. Mandibuzz is good for your team because it provides a psychic resist and pairs well with mega venusaur and it can help eliminate ghosts, which prevent diggersby from spamming return.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Hope my rate helps. Good luck with the team Dark Sharpedo!

Edit: I like your format Mcdanger, so I kinda stole it :p

Last edited:

NotQuiteSane42

Professional Cynic
I have a few things to say about this team. First of all, Dragonite. Even with its high Base Power STAB and coverage moves, it simply won't hit very hard without a Special Attack boost of some sort. Agility alone leaves you outspeeding everything, yes, but with only base 100 Special Attack and no boosts to it, you simply won't be hitting very hard. I advise changing to something that hits harder on the special spectrum such as

Next is Politoed. I like the EV spread and I like most of the moves. However, there is no reason to use a Speed-hindering nature on that set, so I advise a switch to Modest. And just don't use Attract. Attract is gimmicky, unreliable, and in general uncompetitive. If you want to incapacitate the foe, even Hypnosis would be more reliable.

Ferrothorn is next on the chopping block. Good, though the EV's and nature are a bit weird. Offensive Ferrothorn variants are really only viable with a Choice Band and max attack. You'll see much more good use of Ferrothorn if you give it max HP, and since you have a special wall already, I recommend either full physically defensive (252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk) or mixed with physical bias (252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef) The moveset could use a little work; I would forfeit Gyro Ball in favor of Leech Seed so you can get the recovery, and I'd probably also replace Spikes with Stealth Rock.

Everything else looks pretty good to me.

sofaturtles

Due to the weather nerf, I don't feel that abusing rain with Dragonite is very viable competitively. I would go with the standard Dragon Dance set. Other than that, I think everything else looks fine, except foul play>knock off on Mandibuzz, but that's my opinion.