• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeCrisis: Gravitation (PG-13)

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Hey, everyone, I'm PokeLegend. I hope you have fun playing this; this is my first RPG.

Plot:

There are several nations with countless Pokemon in the world we live in. People and Pokemon have always coexisted harmoniously since the beginning of time. Frequently people would go out and befriend these Pokemon, and train them to compete in battle.

However, there are those who seek to exploit their powers.

Recently, a malicious organization that has the aim of kidnapping Pokemon has been discovered. The gang was discovered by a surveillance camera recovered by a federal agent which witnessed a man start a riot in Saffron City. The man was at a restaurant, talking with accomplices in a dark, inconspicuous, hidden corner, when an international cop walked over. When the cop began asking questions, the criminal brought out a concealed firearm. While this was happening, the owner of the restaurant, one of the man's supporters, began talking aloud to everyone at the scene.

"Stop Lance! Bring down the Gym Leaders!" he said. "Put an end to the League's negligence over the Kanto regime!"

"What are you saying?" one customer inquired.

"The Kanto government hasn't done anything to help us! The Gym Leaders and the police have, time and again, let us down with these false policies of protection! They've done nothing! They did nothing when Cinnabar Island's volcano erupted! They did nothing when the Rocket Gang took over Kanto!"

"He's right!" "Yeah, they haven't done f*cking anything!" some of the citizens responded.

"But there is a way to escape bringing further harm to the nation of Kanto! We protect you if you pledge your Pokemon to us!"

At this point several of the accomplices brought out metal boxes labeled "Pokemon"; and then a gunshot sounded.

"Hail Team Gravity!" the owner exclaimed.

Then the camera focused on the criminal and the cop. The cop had shot the gang member, and he was lying on the ground, dead. The room fell silent as everyone look tacitly at the dead body.

Suddenly there was a great clamor, and people walked over to beat down the cop. The video showed people screaming, jabbing the cop with broken shards of glass, and leaving the restaurant.

Then the video ended. The next day the Saffron City Police Department Building was in ruins. It had been set on fire and completely demolished. Dead and severely injured people filled the metropolitan streets. The Gym was completely locked up from the inside, as people tried desperately from the outside to get in.

There is little known about this new Team Gravity (and even less about its leader, codenamed "Conqueror"; his first name is known to be Nicolas), but it is suspected that they have bases all across every region. In Hoenn, in Fortree City, a gang of people discovered to have been part of Team Gravity upon the interrogation of one of their caught members were reported to have traveled from house to house in an immense uprising, beating down trainers, adults, children, and Pokemon, and stealing and kidnapping all captured Pokemon.

Some of this news hasn't gotten to other regions as of yet; for example, most people in Sinnoh and some in Kanto hadn't heard of the incident in Fortree.

In the past year since the incident, Saffron City and all of Kanto, in addition to some other regions, have been overrun by Team Gravity and a private group of trainers known as the Students has developed.

Your duty, as a trainer, is to go as deep into enemy territory and try to find out what you can and bring down this wicked organization. Or, if you are a part of this Team Gravity, your responsibility is to obtain as much support (support being strong Pokemon) as you can for your cause, crush and even kill all trainers who get in your way, and ascend in the ranks to perhaps becoming a high-ranking officer.

RPG RULES AND GUIDELINES:

1. Follow all SPPf rules.
2. Your character may die in the game.
3. There will be weapons, and your characters may use one as a trainer (or two as a member of Team Gravity), but be reasonable, and keep in mind that they require ammo. Pokemon can easily use attacks to stop them, such as Protect, Reflect, Iron Defense, or even an attack, such as using Shock Wave, Ice Beam, or Steel Wing to deflect, freeze, or avoid bullets.
4. You may have up to six Pokemon to start out with (if you are a member of Team Gravity with a rank of Leader or above, you may have one additional Pokemon stored in your PC). You can use available Boxes to store them in if they are nearby. *If you catch one it will be stored. Keep in mind that Team Gravity is hacking Boxes in order to steal Pokemon.*
5. Characters can steal other characters' Pokemon, but you must contact me first.
6. The Students will not be established until a little while into the game, not much will be known about them, and a trainer doesn't have to join them.
7. The plot will be explained as the game progresses. If you're curious, contact me.
8. You must request my permission through PM to kill off a character.
9. Each trainer may have a single shiny Pokemon.
10. There will be Legendaries (none will be shiny) and they may be able to be caught.
11. There will be Pokemon Rangers from the regions of Oblivia, Fiore, and Almia.
12. In-game characters will be controlled by me.
13. The game will take place across several regions, including Orre.
14. You may control up to two characters. If one dies, you won't get one to replace it. If they both die, then too bad.
15. If you want to be promoted, PM me.
16. Do not control other people's characters. No godmodding.
17. Put parentheses around your typing when you're typing out of character.
18. You may curse, but don't overuse them (generally try to keep them to a limit of 5 per post).
19. You must post at least once per week. If you must leave and won't be able to RP for a while, tell me by means of PM or VM. If you do not contact me regarding this within a week, your character will be killed off.
20. You may catch Pokemon (or evolve or release them), but you need my permission (through PM) to do so. You may even encounter Legendary Pokemon while playing.
21. If you have an idea for the plot, want to make a change in plot, or want to know a little (perhaps even spoilers) about how the plot will play out, contact me.
22. Use proper language (proper spelling, proper grammar, and no "1337 sp33ch" or other forms of chatspeak).
23. Descriptions of characters' deaths will be kept simple.
24. You can be original. Your character may have certain powers or notable aspects which make them particularly important or special (such as psychics and Gijinkas), but don't make them overpowered. You must contact me if you opt for your character to have or be something special.
25. There will be no limit to how many characters there can be.

Trainer:

Name:
Hometown:
Weapon: (Optional)
Pokemon:
Pokemon Gender:
Pokemon Nickname: (Optional)
Pokemon Appearance: (Optional, if you want it to appear differently from other Pokemon of its kind or appear shiny)
Pokemon Personality: (Optional)
Appearance: (at least 3 or 4 sentences; pretty short compared to some RPGs)
Personality: (at least 3 or 4 sentences)
History: (at least 5 well-written sentences)

Ranger:

Name:
Hometown: (Optional)
Weapon: (Optional)
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Partner Pokemon:
Pokemon Gender:
Pokemon Nickname:
Pokemon Appearance:
Pokemon Personality:

Gravity Member:

Name:
Codename/Callsign (Optional):
Hometown:
Rank: (Grunt/Private/Minor, First Class Grunt/Private First Class, Lance Corporal, Corporal, Leader/Sergeant, Senior Leader/Master Sergeant/First Sergeant, Admin; *ranks unattainable at the start: Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Colonel, General, Head)
Weapon(s):
Pokemon:
Pokemon Gender:
Pokemon Nickname:
Pokemon Appearance:
Pokemon Personality:
PC Pokemon: (Optional, and only if you sign up as a member of Team Gravity with a rank of Leader or higher)
Appearance:
Personality:
History:

My Sign-Up:

Name: Misos Chloros
Codename: "Thanatos"
Hometown: Viridian City
Rank: Lieutenant (yes, I know, I'm violating my own rule)
Weapons: A knife with an 8-inch blade and a .223 caliber 30-round-magazine assault rifle.

Pokemon:

Houndoom
Personality: Houndoom is a vicious Pokemon who frequently brutally attacks, tortures, and kills other Pokemon.

Gengar

Chandelure

Dusknoir
Personality: The most cruel of all of Thanatos' Pokemon, and the oldest one which he shares a bond with, Dusknoir has caused the deaths of countless people and Pokemon. Dusknoir has killed and consumed entire people in public before in order to induce fear and aid in crowd control. Sometimes, Dusknoir simply vanishes when left alone beside a person or Pokemon and returns shortly afterwards, and whoever he was with disappears, without anyone knowing or caring where to.

Gyarados
Personality: Gyarados is the newest addition to Misos' team. He was caught just a week ago. Gyarados has a proclivity for the destruction and utter ruin of anything which stands in its way.

Tyranitar:
Personality: Tyranitar tends to seem cool when under Misos' command. However, he occasionally displays a terrible rage and goes on rampages, viciously murdering everything in his path. Tyranitar often acts without orders (quite intelligently), slaughters people and Pokemon, and is completely aware of what he does.

PC Pokemon:

Banette

Appearance: Misos is a young man who doesn't seem very conspicuous at a distance or in the dark, but has some extremely striking features which can be seen starting from a few feet away. He has a face marked by a few thin, deep red scars which bleed out about half of the time (these also cover his hands and arms) and eyes which are always extremely wide open. He weighs about 145 pounds, has significant muscle mass, and stands at approx. 5"11.
Personality:
Thanatos is an extremely abhorrent yet obscure officer of Team Gravity. He is an intelligent but cruel young man who frequently beats his subordinates until they're nearly dead for being irritating. He has a terrible temper, but always conceals his ire towards other people until they're alone. He thinks lowly of Pokemon, occasionally sympathizing with them, but for the most part using them, beating and torturing them, and ordering them to suffer through many hardships in order to make them more powerful. He has a powerful capability to psychoanalyze his enemies and to determine how to turn them all against every one of his foes. Misos is almost always silent. He detests everyone.
History:
Little is known about Misos' childhood. Whenever anyone brings up the topic of life as a kid around him, he often (nearly always) covers his face with his hands and remains generally ignored until the end of the conversation. He has had his most powerful Pokemon, a Dusknoir, for as long as anyone can remember, since it was a Duskull. He does readily admit where he was born and raised, though. He met Nicolas at the age of 13 and at 14 was one of the founders of the secret Gravitation Brotherhood (the early stage of the organization which would come to be known as Team Gravity) with all of the new Head's "associates" (people who they worked together and hung out with). He's obviously very close with some of the officers now, especially the boss. He raised his Pokemon with his cruelty.

Reserved (in the event that I ever decide to set limitations):

Metal Bagon - Trainer

AnalogClocks - Gravity Member

Victinifan100 - Ranger

Players:

N/A

Last edited:

Truly Deceptive

Alright. Just so you know, though, I'm not going to place a limit on how many people can join (at least yet), so there's not much point in reserving.

I also intend for this to be the first in a series, actually.

AnalogClocks

Apple Ghost
I'm interested in joining this, but won't be able to get a sign up ready for at least a week. Planning on having a female Team Gravity member, though.

I have a question about the ranks, too, what are the actual distinctions between them? Are they more general titles to simply create a hierarchy or does each have a specific advantage over the lower levels? Leaders get a PC pokemon, but are there any other perks, such as corporals having command over a small group of grunts?

Truly Deceptive

I'm interested in joining this, but won't be able to get a sign up ready for at least a week. Planning on having a female Team Gravity member, though.

I have a question about the ranks, too, what are the actual distinctions between them? Are they more general titles to simply create a hierarchy or does each have a specific advantage over the lower levels? Leaders get a PC pokemon, but are there any other perks, such as corporals having command over a small group of grunts?

Yeah, actually. Grunts are simply infantrymen on the front lines. First Class Grunts aren't very different from regular Grunts; they may be instructed by a Leader or a Corporal to lead them if they are sent out to operate in groups of two, three, or four. Corporals can give orders to Grunts whenever a Leader isn't around. Lance Corporals are to Corporals what Grunts are to First Class Grunts (I actually placed them after normal Corporals, which would imply that they are higher in rank; this is a mistake which I will have fixed shortly; Corporals are higher in rank than Lance Corporals). Leaders are non-commissioned officers; they can give orders to a squad on a mission or patrol. Senior Leaders can give their own orders to a platoon (regarding which sort of approach to make, etc.) when not being commanded by an Admin and give commands which are higher in priority than those of a regular Leader (they override them). Admins are usually sent out to head normal-scaled and small-scaled operations. Lieutenants and higher ranks are officers which determine operations to undergo, and whether or not to go through with large-scaled decisions. Lieutenants can only do this in a Captain's stead, however, and they are usually sent out in the field, like Admins, though with greater authority, and can oversee operations in multiple cities or several parts of a large city which are individually carried out by Admins. Captains, Majors, and especially Colonels are hardly ever seen in the field. Colonels look over military decisions within entire regions.

Edit: Also, certain ranks have a greater access to different kinds of operational intelligence, inside knowledge, and military information. For example, an Admin may know of the plans which a Colonel has to take control of a region; a Leader and Senior Leader would be less likely to have this sort of knowledge; a Colonel would know of certain special plans, such as the seizure of a certain legendary Pokemon (or even multiple Legendaries); people of lower ranks would be very unlikely to know of this, and a General would know not only of the military action, but also the purpose which it serves, as well as the goal of Team Gravity as a whole. However, they are also at a bit of a disadvantage in case they are planning a revolt or to not comply with the Gravity Head's desires, because, naturally, he would have a greater tendency to keep a closer eye on them and greater security measures against them, for the case in which one of them, with substantial power and authority, would opt to rebel and turn against him.

Last edited:

Truly Deceptive

Bumped to the top.

Shirenui

Would there be any chance of choosing your rank (to a certain point) for the team gravity players? Example being and elite grunt or just a normal grunt, also I'm assuming the only difference between the two is how much authority you are given along with information and power? I'd like to know a little more about what you can do and choose from for both trainers and team gravity players, I'm very interested in taking part though.

Truly Deceptive

Team Gravity has a very interesting status quo. You see, high-ranking members are generally trusted with more knowledge and information, but a skilled enough Grunt who is selected for certain operations can potentially be more intelligent and carry as much information withourt being so tightly manipulated; Leaders and other lower-rank members who are given control over some troops are usually loose on how they treat Grunts and Corporals, and this actually permits time and freedom to them which allows for things such as sneaking off and furtively spying on their commanders. You can choose whichever non-officer rank you want, and if you try to work your way to the top and ask for a promotion, keep in mind that it will draw more attention.

Victinifan100

V-create Everything!
Can I reserve a spot for a Ranger?

Truly Deceptive

Alright; you're reserved.