• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeCrisis: Gravitation

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Hey, everyone, I'm PokeLegend. I hope you have fun playing this; this is my first RPG.

Plot:

There are several nations with countless Pokemon in the world we live in. People and Pokemon have always coexisted harmoniously since the beginning of time. Frequently people would go out and befriend these Pokemon, and train them to compete in battle.

However, there are those who seek to exploit their powers.

Recently, a malicious organization that has the aim of kidnapping Pokemon has been discovered. The gang was discovered by a surveillance camera recovered by a federal agent which witnessed a man start a riot in Saffron City. The man was at a restaurant, talking with accomplices in a dark, inconspicuous, hidden corner, when an international cop walked over. When the cop began asking questions, the criminal brought out a concealed firearm. While this was happening, the owner of the restaurant, one of the man's supporters, began talking aloud to everyone at the scene.

"Stop Lance! Bring down the Gym Leaders!" he said. "Put an end to the League's negligence over the Kanto regime!"

"What are you saying?" one customer inquired.

"The Kanto government hasn't done anything to help us! The Gym Leaders and the police have, time and again, let us down with these false policies of protection! They've done nothing! They did nothing when Cinnabar Island's volcano erupted! They did nothing when the Rocket Gang took over Kanto!"

"He's right!" "Yeah, they haven't done f*cking anything!" some of the citizens responded.

"But, there is a way to escape bringing further harm to the nation of Kanto! We protect you if you pledge your Pokemon to us!"

At this point several of the accomplices brought out metal boxes labeled "Pokemon"; and then a gunshot sounded.

"Hail Team Gravity!" the owner exclaimed.

Then the camera focused on the criminal and the cop. The cop had shot the gang member, and he was lying on the ground, dead. The room fell silent as everyone look tacitly at the dead body.

Suddenly there was a great clamor, and people walked over to beat down the cop. The video showed people screaming, jabbing the cop with broken shards of glass, and leaving the restaurant.

Then the video ended. The next day the Saffron City Police Department Building was in ruins. It had been set on fire and completely demolished. Dead and severely injured people filled the metropolitan streets. The Gym was completely locked up from the inside, as people tried desperately from the outside to get in.

There is little known about this new Team Gravity (and even less about its leader, codenamed "Conqueror"; his first name is known to be Nicolas), but it is suspected that they have bases all across every region. In Hoenn, in Fortree City, a gang of people discovered to have been part of Team Gravity upon the interrogation of one of their caught members were reported to have traveled from house to house in an immense uprising, beating down trainers, adults, children, and Pokemon, and stealing and kidnapping all captured Pokemon.

Some of this news hasn't gotten to other regions as of yet; for example, most people in Sinnoh and some in Kanto hadn't heard of the incident in Fortree.

In the past year since the incident, Saffron City and all of Kanto, in addition to some other regions, have been overrun by Team Gravity and a private group of trainers known as the Students has developed.

Your duty, as a trainer, is to go as deep into enemy territory and try to find out what you can and bring down this wicked organization. Or, if you are a part of this Team Gravity, your responsibility is to obtain as much support (support being strong Pokemon) as you can for your cause, crush and even kill all trainers who get in your way, and ascend in the ranks to perhaps becoming a high-ranking officer.

RPG RULES AND GUIDELINES:

1. Follow all SPPf rules.
2. Your character may die in the game.
3. There will be weapons, and your characters may use one as a trainer (or two as a member of Team Gravity), but be reasonable, and keep in mind that they require ammo. Pokemon can easily use attacks to stop them, such as Protect, Reflect, Iron Defense, or even an attack, such as using Shock Wave, Ice Beam, or Steel Wing to deflect, freeze, or avoid bulle ts.
4. You may have up to six Pokemon to start out with (if you are a member of Team Gravity with a rank of Leader or above, you may have one additional Pokemon stored in your PC). You can use available Boxes to store them in if they are nearby. *If you catch one it will be stored. Keep in mind that Team Gravity is hacking Boxes in order to steal Pokemon.*
5. Characters can steal other characters' Pokemon, but you must contact me first.
6. The Students will not be established until a little while into the game, not much will be known about them, and a trainer doesn't have to join them.
7. The plot will be explained as the game progresses. If you're curious, contact me.
8. You must request my permission through PM to kill off a character.
9. Each trainer may have a single shiny Pokemon.
10. There will be Legendaries (none will be shiny) and they may be able to be caught.
11. There will be Pokemon Rangers from the regions of Oblivia, Fiore, and Almia.
12. In-game characters will be controlled by me.
13. The game will take place across several regions, including Orre.
14. You may control up to two characters. If one dies, you won't get one to replace it. If they both die, then too bad.
15. If you want to be promoted, PM me.
16. Do not control other people's characters. No godmodding.
17. Put parentheses around your typing when you're typing out of character.
18. You may curse, but don't overuse them (generally try to keep them to a limit of 5 per post).
19. You must post at least once per week. If you must leave and won't be able to RP for a while, tell me by means of PM or VM. If you do not contact me regarding this within a week, your character will be killed off.
20. You may catch Pokemon (or evolve or release them), but you need my permission (through PM) to do so. You may even encounter Legendary Pokemon while playing.
21. If you have an idea for the plot, want to make a change in plot, or want to know a little (perhaps even spoilers) about how the plot will play out, contact me.
22. Use proper language (proper spelling, proper grammar, and no "1337 sp33ch" or other forms of chatspeak).
23. Descriptions of characters' deaths will be kept simple.
24. You can be original. Your character may have certain powers or notable aspects which make them particularly important or special (such as psychics and Gijinkas), but don't make them overpowered. You must contact me if you opt for your character to have or be something special.
25. There will be no limit to how many characters there can be.

Thanatos
Saffron City (Team Gravity Headquarters)

Thanatos walked down from the stage. He had just been promoted to Lieutenant by the Gravity Head himself for his recent success; he had rendered Lavender Town's Radio Tower useless by sneaking to the top, then planting an explosive device, while taking Elite Four Karen as a hostage on the way out. He headed for his work room, where he was going to sleep that night. He noticed a packet on his desk which had not been there earlier.