• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Great! I always wondered where eevee and their family would lvie in the wild. I think you've got more than enough suggestions so I'll just say I'm eagerly anticipating the Spiritomb one, sorry if it was hard ^_^.

KingT

Burn
Nice one. This chapter was really well done, plus Bill was in it! :)

Smunkie

Di immortales!
Very very nice, as always! Yet another awesome insight into the Pokemon world; I also like how the farmer just let the Umbreon do its thing instead of smothering it with affection, like MaplePhanpy said. And Bill is also great. That one-shot was my favorite so far, I think (although I still really like the Shuppet one :D)

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Glad you all enjoy this! I certainly like writing them. Now while I said that Spiritomb one was difficult, once I got the idea, it came together quick. I wound up talking to my sis, who doesn't play Pokemon, and explaining about it. After a rather goofy conversation, we came up with this rather goofy story.

I'll put both entries up this time. As you can see, there could be a much longer story in them. But I'm already working on a long fanfic in Snapshot.

In Process: Gible
On Deck: Shuckle, Clamperl, Phanpy/Donphan

SPIRITOMB
Diamond entry: A Pokémon that was formed by 108 spirits. It is bound to a fissure in an odd keystone.
Pearl entry: It was bound to a fissure in an odd keystone as punishment for misdeeds 500 years ago.

Under the full moon’s gaze, two boys approached an old well. “I heard that you gotta meet Darkrai in your dreams first,” the taller one said. “Then you gotta race him, and if you win, he’ll let you unseal this Pokemon.”

The shorter boy clung to an oddly shaped stone object. It looked sort of like a Ekans coiling up a key. “That’s not what I hear, Huck. This guy I met underground said that once you find this key, you gotta clean it up real good. Then, starting on the full moon, put it under your pillow every night. When the next full moon comes, then you can release the seal.”

“Didja have weird dreams doing that, Tom?”

He shrugged. “Not really. But you should’ve seen my mom’s Ralts. He’s been freaking out every time he comes near this key. He nearly stole it from me today.”

“Weird.” They stopped at the well. There was an odd-shaped keyhole on the well’s wall. This led to all sorts of rumors about why this lock was here. “So what’ll you think’ll happen?”

Tom looked at the key, shining eerily in the moonlight. “I’m pretty sure it’s not gonna release a huge disaster. If it was that, they would’ve hid the key better than just burying it in the Underground. I think it’s just a Pokemon, although why they had to lock it here, I dunno.”

“Maybe it kills people?”

“You scared?”

Huck shook his head. “Nah. You?”

“Course not.” He put the key in the keyhole. “Okay, here it goes.” He turned it.

Click.

A magic seal shimmered on the top of the well for a moment, then cracked open. Dark violet smoke billowed out. A pair of mischievous eyes opened and a neon green glow appeared within its smokey body. “FOOLS!” it bellowed. “I will burn your souls and eat your skins!”

The two boys shouted. Huck jumped back and stumbled into a nearby bush. Tom yanked the key out and made to run off.

“Oh drat,” the spirit grumbled. The magic seal reappeared and drained it back into the well.

“D-d-d-did you see that?” Tom called, his body trembling.

“Y-yeah,” Huck said. “There really is a ghost sealed in there.”

A wispy voice drifted out of the well. “Confound it, it was supposed to be burn your skin and eat your soul, not the other way around. Eating skin; that’s disgusting.”

Despite themselves, the boys came back to the well. “It’s still down there?” Tom whispered.

“Huh? You kids still up there?”

“Yeah...” Tom replied, not certain he wanted to be here anymore. But if they could catch this ghost, they’d have a weird and rare Pokemon that no one else would have. One that talked was even better. And he wasn’t about to let himself be known as a coward.

“Look, sorry about that,” the ghost Pokemon replied. “You know, it’s kinda boring being sealed up for five hundred years. Guess I got a little carried away at being released.”

“What are you? I’ve never seen somethin’ like you before.”

“We-ell, I started off as a Ghastly, but then I got sealed up here so long that I turned into a Spiritomb. Look, can you just let me go for real? I’d really appreciate it.”

He really wanted to capture this one. “You’re not gonna eat us, right?”

“Nope, no eating involved this time.”

“Okay.” Tom put the key back in.

The Spiritomb came back out. In the midst of its green glow and violet smoke, they could see that it was grinning. “Hahahahahahahaha! I won’t eat you, but I will curse you like nobody’s been cursed before! You will be writhing in pain and embarrassment for years to come! I will...”

Tom pulled the key back out.

“Oh no, not again,” it whined. The seal shut it back in. “What was that for?”

“Yeah, why didn’t you fight it?” Huck asked.

“I ain’t messing with no curses,” Tom answered. “If he’s gonna be rude like that, we can leave him there.” He turned to walk off.

“Tom,” the taller boy hissed.

Tom winked.

“Aw, come on, let me out,” the Spiritomb pleaded. “Pretty please?”

“Nuh-uh,” Tom replied. “I was looking for a neat Pokemon to train, but I don’t want a mean one like you.”

“I’m not really mean, honest. I’m just a little excitable, that’s all. I like to play pranks with people.”

“Is that why you got sealed down there?”

“No...” it sounded uneasy.

“Then why were you sealed down there?” Huck asked.

“Tell the truth in the name of Arcaeus,” Tom ordered.

“Ugh, you’re gonna go that far? Okay, in the name of Arcaeus, the honest truth is... I got sealed down here for giving people wedgies.”

“Giving people wedgies? We do that all the time.”

“Yeah, that ain’t enough to get sealed for five hundred years.”

“I know!” the Spiritomb agreed. “Those people didn’t have any sense of humor. Anyhow, that’s what I was sealed for. Some of the other 107 personalities I have actually did do some nasty stuff. Like one guy stole apples and threw them at people. He knocked out the mayor, leading to his getting sealed down here too.”

Huck grinned. “Man, think of the possibilities! If we had a ghost like this guy to pull pranks with, we could do all sorts of stuff to people.”

“Yeah, it’d be awesome.”

“So you’ll let me go?” the ghost asked hopefully.

Tom leaned over the well. “Well first you gotta agree that this’ll be a fair battle. I’m gonna capture you, but you don’t have to come quietly. Just have a normal battle with me.”

“Alrighty.”

“Okay then.” Tom unlocked the seal again.

The Spiritomb came back out, grinning again. “Okay, punks, if you lose, you’re getting major wedgies! Are You Ready To Rumble??!!”

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Well that certainly wasn't what I was expecting, but it was awesome anyway! I thought you were gonna do a longer than normal one about how it got locked away, but no, you managed to make it a couple of pages long and really funny. I never pictured Spiritomb that way, but I guess "misdeads" is pretty vague. Now I have an image of a Ghastly going around giving people wedgies in the Medieval Ages, LOL :D.

Smunkie

Di immortales!
Okay, scratch what I said before, this one is probably my favorite now. You gotta love wedgie-giving ghosts. That was just plain fun to read :D

A wispy voice drifted out of the well. “Confound it, it was supposed to be burn your skin and eat your soul, not the other way around. Eating skin; that’s disgusting.”
Pure gold, right there!

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
that was great, WOW!! I almost started to laugh out loud, with my sister in the other room!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
It's Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer lolz 8D!

Very cute and light humor, I love it. Sheds the good on Spiritomb, it seems. Now, I just can't imagine a Gastly giving wedgies, but that must've been a heck of a discussion with your sister! My brothers and I do the exact same thing (annoys Mom to insanity).

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
You know, for being such an interesting looking Pokemon (land-shark!!!!), Gible has rather dry entries in the Pokedex.

In Process: Shuckle
On deck: Clamperl, Phanpy/Donphan

GIBLE
Pearl entry: It once lived in the tropics. To avoid the cold, it lives in caves warmed by geothermal heat.

Pokeballs were actually pretty comfortable, the young Gible considered. When she had first been caught by the boy trainer, she had mourned the loss of her warm and cozy nook in Wayward Cave. She had spent a considerable amount of time finding that homey nook and had to scare off another female to get it. It was a good spot to hide, then jump out at unwary Zubats. When discovered by the trainer, she had fought valiantly, destroying four balls before getting caught. Being under a trainer was not a life she had wanted.

However, now that she had taken a good look around, it might not be so bad. If she understood the science of quantum physics, she might have guessed that she was in a little pocket dimension all her own. As she didn’t know any kind of science, she noticed that she was now in a warm and sandy cave. It was so nice that she didn’t have to hide in a nook for warmth. There was a mysterious light that mimicked the day and night cycle. There was a small pool of clean water for drinking. And there were even Zubats ready to be hunted.

The Gible did notice that there was no exit to this cave and that the Zubats materialized out of nowhere. But why should she care? Everything she needed was right here. The Zubats did taste a bit off. If she could understand chemical and electrical interactions, she might have concluded that, by drawing energy from the storage unit, the ball was creating the appropriate nutritional intake for her in her little pocket dimension. But the science of this was imperfect, so the created food did not taste as well as real food. As it was, the Gible didn’t care so long as she had lunch.

It could get lonely, though. It was just her and her meals in this pocket dimensions. The meal Zubats did not speak, while the cave Zubats used to fight and cuss all the time. While her kind was normally solitary, they did socialize from time to time, with each other or other species of Pokemon. And the trainer that caught her had to be skilled. That deserved respect, a little at least.

And there were the old stories to think on. These stories stated that if a Pokemon was captured, she was to guard the trainer who caught her and help the trainer achieve his goal. As for any other trainer, it was left up to choice on whether to respect this trainer or not. Although, some rumors she heard were that humans had invented special cards that emitted differing auras. These auras had the power to make Pokemon stronger in some fashion or to make a Pokemon obedient.

Shaking her head, the Gible hoped that this trainer didn’t have one of those cards. She wouldn’t mind being obedient, but she would hate being forced to be obedient. If he did, she’d have to find some way to ignore him anyhow.

After some time of enjoying her new pocket dimension, there was a clicking sound. The Gible looked around, but couldn’t see the source of the click. While she searched, her vision became hazy. The cave vanished and she was dropped back into the real dimension. She landed on an icy road that had snowdrifts piled on either side.

She hollered in alarm, “<So cold, so cold!>” Her words came out as little white puffs in the frozen air. She looked around frantically for any source of heat.

“<Huh?>” her opponent Snorunt asked. “<It’s nice weather, that’s what it is.>”

“Okay Gible, show me what you can do,” the boy trainer ordered.

“<Too cold, too cold!>” she pleaded. She darted into the nearest snowpile. That was a mistake. It was cold, wet, and powdery, sending the top of the pile tumbling onto her back before she realized it. She scrambled back out and went to the feet of her trainer as the nearest heat source she could be positive about. “<I want my cave back!>”

“Huh?” The boy trainer seemed bewildered. “What’s up with you? You were so tough back in the cave.”

“<Cold is bad, cold is bad.>” She shivered.

The Snorunt tilted his triangular head. “<Why do you keep repeating things?>”

“<Sh-shocked and c-cold,>” she replied.

He looked up at his trainer. “<Do I have to fight her? That’d be unfair.>”

“I think your Pokemon is too cold out here,” the other trainer said. “You ought to spend some more time learning about it before using it in battle. Let’s put a hold on this for now.”

“But you said you’d fight me when I had enough Pokemon,” he replied in dismay.

“It seems you have more to learn.” He pressed a button on a Pokeball and recalled the Snorunt.

“<Be patient with your young trainer,>” he advised the Gible before vanishing.

“Aw rats,” the boy trainer said before recalling her.

The snowy road went hazy. In a short while, she was back in her warm and cozy cave. She sighed in relief. “<Ah, no cold here. Be patient, huh? I hope he doesn’t call me out into the cold again.>”

With that thought in mind, she settled into the sandy floor and went to sleep.

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
poor gible,wise snorunt, rash trainer

good new chapter=D

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
*had to look up Gible*

Aww, I liked it ^^. Nice way of describing at least ONE environment of a captured Pokémon. I also loved the beginning, with loads more descriptions than before. Lol, I can just imagine the little thing dancing in the cold, looking for warm area.

Hmm... I was wondering if you'd like to do a Snorlax. For some-odd reason, Snorlax seemed to be an interesting one, living up in the mountains and coming down searching for food. And eating just about anything without problems.

Hey, there's something under all of that fat! I just know it.

Phonetics

Wow, your Spiritomb story was fantastic. I actually laughed out loud while reading a fic which is incredibly rare for me. You won me over.

The Shuppet and Umbreon stories were really enjoyable as well. I'll keep reading 'em if you keep posting 'em.

MaplePhanpy

Anywayz...
Lol at the Noob trainer, ad the Snorunt is so Kewl! if you do a Snorunt chapter, do it on that one, please!!

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
I'm gonna have to put new requests on hold for a bit, since I've got so many right now. At the current rate, I might get through this list in, hrm, three weeks? As for using that story's Snorunt, I'll give it a shot. Most of these are supposed to be unconnected, but I can repeat characters. At least that gives me an excuse to use Nadia here again!

This entry is different. I had several ideas for Shuckle, but the traditional format of a story wasn't working out. So I've got this bit of creative writing instead.

In process: Clamperl
On deck: Phanpy/Donphan, Snorlax, Ditto, Snorunt

SHUCKLE
Ruby/Sapphire entry: Shuckle quietly hides itself under rocks, keeping its body concealed inside its hard shell while eating berries it has stored away. The berries mix with its body fluids to become a juice.

WELCOME TO SHUCKLE VALLEY FARMS!

And we welcome you most heartily! Shuckle Valley Farms is a community owned business that prides itself on wholesome and tasty products for your entire family. Visitors are welcome any time of the year, but don’t miss out on our famous Berry Festival that occurs the last week of July!

About Our Farms

Shuckle Valley is ideally located in the Veldt region to produce an abundance of berries all year round. Rain-loving berries thrive in our winters, which are more wet than cold, while dry berries adore our summers with the friendly heat. Our rich soils feed the plants so that the berries are packed with nutrients and vitamins, perfect for any lifestyle.

About Our Pokemon

Our namesake Pokemon are allowed to wander freely throughout the valley. The Shuckles see this place as a berry paradise. They pluck berries from the lowest branches of the bushes and tuck them away in the secondary hole on top of their vase-like shell. Once they are content, they go back to their shelter to eat some of the berries. The leftovers are then turned into a liquid that we gently juice from them once a month.

Please note that all of our Shuckles are branded for easy identification and protected by stronger Nidorans in various stages. If you wish to gain a Shuckle of your own, please speak with the town breeder.

About Our Families

Shuckle Valley Farms takes great pride in the hard-working men and women of our community. We spend many long hours ensuring the quality and safety of our produce. Berry Masters take care of the berry plants while farmers take care of the various other produce that we grow. Certified Pokemon Trainers keep wild bug Pokemon and other pests from destroying or contaminating our crops while brewers and cooks develop the raw plants into tasty treats. And the children of our community often take their school lessons in the fields as well as the classroom.

About Our Products

Because our Shuckles live a low-stress life, their juice is of the highest quality. We maintain that same level of quality in all of our products. Here is a sampling of what we make (type often depends upon the season).

Shuckle Berry Juice: A favorite of children and Pokemon! The unique mixture of berries in each batch makes for a fun surprise from every bottle which cannot be imitated. Our experts identify the main tastes as Sweet, Sour, Spicy, Savory, or Mild. Pasteurized.

Shuckle Wine: For adults only. Our wines are full-bodied and sophisticated, winning dozens of awards in many regions. Perfect for your special dinner or romantic date.

Shuckle Vinegar: An excellent cooking vinegar that imparts wonderful flavors to your sauces, marinades, and other fine foods. Drizzle over a healthy salad for a wonderful sensation of flavors. Varying strengths and flavors, which are clearly labeled on each bottle.

Fresh berries: What sorts of berries? All sorts! We have Nanab, Razz, Bluk, Leppa, Pinap, Oran, Chesto, etc. Common berries grow in the Community Park where, for a small fee, you can pick as many berries as you can fit in a basket! Rarer berries, such as Pamtre or Iapapa, are available at the Berry Market located in the heart of our cozy village. Some berries only grow in certain seasons; you can check the availability of all berries on the community bulletin board in the Berry Market.

Pokeblocks: Get these sweet little cubes from the Berry Market or mix your own at the Berry Blender Café. Pokemon love these treats; rumor has it that these candies can sweeten your chances on the contest stage!

Community Notice To Pokemon Trainers

We ask that you refrain from battling or harassing our hard-working Shuckles. These creatures are very shy and scare easily. Please keep your Pokemon stored while in Shuckle Valley Farms. If this is impractical, please keep a close eye on your Pokemon. What you may think of as a strangely smooth rock or an odd vase may in fact be a hiding Shuckle. Do not bother them; stiff fines are imposed on those who harm a branded Shuckle.

-SVF pamphlet, Summer ‘08 edition

Ysa's note: Why are there Savory and Mild flavored juices? Think about it: would you buy a Bitter or Dry juice?

Last edited:

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
lol, crazy salesman
I liked that chapter, something new

Smunkie

Di immortales!
The pamphlet format worked great for that, and was an awesome choice on your part. The wine bit made me chuckle. Also, the fact that you made a pamphlet fun to read is a testament to your skill!

And sorry I never got around to commenting on the Gible one-shot! I thought it was adorable

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
And it's another double entry! What happened here was that I started off with three Pokemon in mind: Magikarp (the story was already there), Skitty (had a good idea), and Spoink (because it's name is Spoink!). But once I was done with Skitty, I was starting to get requests, so Spoink went to the backburner. When Clamperl came up, I remembered there was something connecting it to Spoink. And here it is.

Next one is also a double, isn't it?

In Process: Phanpy/Donphan
On Deck: Snorlax, Ditto, Snorunt

CLAMPERL
Emerald entry: A Clamperl slams its shell closed on prey to prevent escape. The pearl it creates upon evolution is said to be infused with a mysterious energy.

SPOINK
FR/LG entry: It apparently dies if it stops bouncing about. It carries a pearl from Clamperl on its head.

A pale mystical glow filled the shell of the Clamperl. It radiated from the large pearl that was nestled in his soft pink muscles. Gleaming like an infant moon, the pearl was almost perfect. The Clamperl caressed his treasure, adding yet another thin layer to the jewel, then polishing it to a fine satin finish. It had taken a long time to create this treasure, but it was his.

His treasure.

And nobody would take it from him.

Vibrations in the water hit the outside of his white shell. Something was passing by. Something unusual. Was it a danger to his treasure? Cautiously, he lifted his top shell to peer out at the ocean floor.

-+-

The water was sharply cold, but the black Spoink hardly noticed. She had a thick layer of fat that kept her warm. By pumping her coiled tail, she was able to move through the water and keep her heart going. It had been a long trip over land to make this risky dive, but she had to do it. She needed a pearl.

Being psychic, Spoinks had powerful minds. However, they were never good at focusing their thoughts, possibly due to their need to keep bouncing. It was hard to focus when one’s point of view kept changing. Long ago, a Spoink had discovered that carrying a pearl on its head would allow it to focus enough to use its powers. The best pearls came Clamperls, but the bivalves wouldn’t even think of trading. Unless a Spoink got one from a Grumpig, he or she had to dive for the pearl.

She noticed all sorts of things about the ocean floor. There were towers of colorful coral, in peach, pink, purple, red, and yellow. There were shy water Pokemon that swam away as she drew near. There were forests of leafy kelp soaring to the surface. There were Tentacools trying to decide if she’d make a good lunch. There were lots of minerals and salts in the water, giving it a nasty taste.

And there, resting in one of the kelp beds, was a Clamperl. His scalloped shell was covered in nicks and scratches from previous battles. There was a deep chip on the left edge of his top shell from an especially vicious fight. He was about the same size as herself. As he peered out of his shell, a faint pink glow leaked out. He must have a potent pearl to produce that glow.

The Spoink pushed herself towards the Clamperl. The kelp bed really was fantastic; a Chinchou flicked her antennae and observed the approaching Spoink. The underwater electric Pokemon drifted off to hide behind a rock, just in case.

No, pay attention to the Clamperl, the Spoink thought. Once she managed to get that pearl, such distractions would no longer bother her. But to get it away would require persistence.

-+-

A Spoink. The Clamperl didn’t have the best memory under the sea, but he could remember that Spoinks were trouble. He slammed his shell shut; she would not be getting his treasure.

His treasure. He smoothed it over to get that perfect polished look. What was he building up this pearl for? He didn’t know. It was an instinct for his kind to make these pearls and treasure them. They were magic. What was that magic used for? He didn’t know that either, but instinct told him that one day he would leave his shell and this pearl had something to do with that. Now he just had to build it up, take care of it, and protect it from anyone who’d want it.

His shell was tilted abruptly, disturbing his pearl’s resting place. The Spoink was bouncing on top of him. How dare she! She could have damaged his treasure! The Clamperl opened up quickly and tried to snap at her tail.

She rocketed away from him, then spun around and rocketed back by pushing her coiled tail against a rock. When she was nearly touching his pearl, he clamped his shells together, trapping her body between them. That would teach her not to mess with him and his treasure.

Squealing, she struggled against his hold. He held on, even as her wildly pumping tail sent them careening through the kelp bed. A neighboring Chinchou swam off as fast as she could, to escape the cloud of silt the battle kicked up. The pearl rocked about until the Spoink reached out with a prehensile curl on her head and grabbed it.

‘Let me go.’

The thought wasn’t his, but the Clamperl obediently followed it, loosening his hold on the struggling Spoink. Unfortunately, she was thrown forward by the force of her tail into his interior. He was then knocked into a rock and stunned.

-+-

While the obsessive Clamperl was stunned, the Spoink rushed off to return to the surface. She was badly bruised, even bleeding in one place. Maybe it would have been better to wait on a Grumpig to have an extra pearl instead of fighting the bivalve. All well, what was done was done. She had her pearl.

After escaping the ocean water and finding a safe spot on the beach, she examined her new pearl. It was a pale pretty pink of a good size. And it had that beautiful glow of strong magic. Within its polished surface, she could begin to see images and visions. She couldn’t interpret these images quite yet, but in time it could make her very wise.

At the moment, though, she was exhausted. Bouncing slightly in one spot, she closed her eyes and went to sleep.

-+-

The Clamperl recovered from being stunned. However, it was still hurt from the battle. That stupid Spoink had thrashed about way too much. She could have damaged his treasure.

His treasure? Where was his treasure? Realizing the pearl was gone, the Clamperl began to panic. What did he do now? His precious pearl was gone! He was supposed to take care of it. But if it was gone, he didn’t know what to do.

A small jab at one of his muscles distracted him from panicking. At some point during the struggle, a sharp little pebble had gotten into his shell. That was bad. He covered the pebble in the substance he covered his old treasure with. That covered up the sharp point and turned it into a seed pearl.

Seed pearl.

Careful with the tiny object, he caressed it to a smooth polish. It wasn’t gleaming and it was far from perfect. But he was to build up his treasure and take care of it. His old pearl left his mind. His new pearl was his treasure. It would take a long time to build up, but it was his.

And nobody would take it from him.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Hi, I don't think I've commented since the Gible one have I? Anyway, don't worry, I have been reading them, and they keep getting better :D. The spoink on is my favourite, I think. Prehensile coil? I always wondered how Spoink kept ther pearls on there head while they bounced, a nice idea. Somehow the obsessive-compulsive persona fits a Clampearl really well XD, well done I'm looking forward to more!