• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokedex One-Shots (PG)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
ZOMG IT'S MEWTWO *o*! *hyperventilates like all fan-girls*

;025; - *slaps KP and leaves*

...Sorry about that... I just like Mewtwo... *cough* This was very... weird. Not that I can't think of another word for it, but it was just the way you did it that was... straaaaange (lol). The Miltank apparently know something we don't, huh, especially their calci-mum and their talking about Tauros all the time. Even though the bulls just make no sense. (Mad over everything, rofl xD.) You got Mewtwo right (though the South America one just makes me go "Wha?"), looking for answers and all that, though I think it's almost... OOC to talk to normal Pokémon like Miltank and Tauros. I figured he'd go after the wise ones. *shrugs* Oh, well.

But overall, I liked it. (And no, the majority isn't because Mewtwo's in it.)

I snickered at "elder legends".

LOL. Those Tauros aren't particularly bright, are they? /obvious
And I love how Mewtwo was all WTF? at their willingness to be eaten. XD

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Mewtwo is from South America; it's in the first-gen games, in a journal of Cinnabar mansion. The scientists found Mew, and Mewtwo, in South America. It's wierd little facts like this that I remember from games.

If I had two Rhyperiors, I would totally do this.

In Process: Pidgeot
On Deck: Aron, Sableye, Metagross

RHYPERIOR
Diamond/Pearl entry: It puts rocks in holes in its palms and uses its muscles to shoot them. Geodude are shot at rare times.

The day: hot and dusty. The place: an old rock quarry. The time: when the sun was still high and the shadows were still small. The contenders: one male Rhyperior, eight feet tall and cracking his knuckles, and one female Rhyperior, taller but with smaller drill horns on her snout.

These two were rarely seen Pokemon that caused curiosity, and uncertainty, in the smaller and less developed locals. These wild ones lurked on higher ledges, feeling that this was the calm before the storm. A handful of Rattatas peered down to the bottom level where the two giant Pokemon watched each other. The giants were grinning with mischief and anticipation. A few Taillows kept an eye on the two humans, Trainers to the two below. The only one not paying attention was a Geodude, hiding under a pile of rocks and (pardon the expression) sleeping like a log.

The humans were also one boy and one girl, cousins who had conspired to train and grow their Pokemon to this level. They both had orangey-red hair, freckles, and dusty clothes. The girl held onto a thick white stick with an old off-white bath towel tied to the end of it. The boy held onto a digital camera, waiting to record what would take place. Some time ago, an idea had come to them. Now they were about to see if it would be as they thought.

Was it stupid? Probably. Was it insane? An argument could be made for that. Was it going to be stupendously ridiculously enormously crazily awesome? They sure hoped so, which was why they were recording the event.

The two star Pokemon were ready, only their patience from being trained holding them still. The local Pokemon were ready, although they weren’t sure what for. The two Trainers were ready. The boy looked up at his cousin and frowned, wondering why she was taking so long. The girl grinned, then whipped the homemade flag high in the air.

The two Rhyperiors roared a friendly challenge to each other. This startled the quarry’s keeper, a cranky oddball hermit who kept a shotgun in arm’s reach at all times. He glared at the quarry, grumbling about doggone Pokemon before turning back to his crossword puzzle.

Not wasting any more time, the two Rhyperiors both snatched up rocks. With their unique muscle structure, they were able to fire these rocks from the palms of their hands like they were using ginormous slingshots instead. They did so at each other, but neither would allow themselves to be hit. Instead, they used their arms to bat the rocks right back at the other.

Then, with speed surprising for such large creatures, they snatched up two more rocks and began juggling them as well. The female slipped up and sent one of her returns wide. The Taillows screeched out of the way of the careening fowl ball, but soon returned to watch. This was just too weird and wild to miss.

On another ledge, the Rattatas began cheering, even though they weren’t sure what the point of this exercise was. The girl human squealed, jumping and waving the towel flag wildly, while the boy yelled encouragement to his similarly gendered Rhyperior. The female Rhyperior, possibly accidentally, whacked a rock to whiz right by the male human to where he could feel the wind from its passage. But that wouldn’t stop this match, no-sir-ee.

The male Rhyperior managed to bat back two rocks towards his counterpart before snatching up a third and shooting it at her. The thump of his heavy footstep finally awoke the sleeping Geodude, who wondered if she was still in a dream. The trio of rocks arrived at nearly the same time, but the Rhyperior wasn’t fazed. She whipped her body around and batted all three towards her peer’s head.

That was a bit much. He rolled aside, then grabbed the puzzled Geodude. She realized quickly what deep trouble she was in and began flailing her arms about. However, the Rhyperior was too caught up in the excitement of the moment. Grinning, he fired.

The female Rhyperior did notice that the new rock was a living Pokemon... but she didn’t really care. Grinning back, almost to the point of insanity, she braced her whole body, then brought all the power she had into smacking the Geodude like an all-star baseball player looking to make a home run record.

And the Geodude flew, zooming high over the male Rhyperior, screaming high over the Rattatas, speeding out of the quarry, smashing directly into the window of the quarry keeper’s house, blasting the table and its contents all over the room, then finally crashing into an antique china cabinet, destroying it and everything inside.

Seeing stars whirling above her head and shards of white and blue plates around her, the Geodude moaned, “<Why meeee?>”

In the quarry, everything had come to a standstill. The wild Pokemon knew the crashing sound was a bad sign. The two Rhyperiors stared up in the direction of the house with their jaws dropped. The girl Trainer dropped the flag. The boy Trainer brought his camera closer. “Uh-oh.”

The quarry keeper recovered from the shock first. Instinctively, he grabbed his shotgun and rushed outside. He fired off a blast as soon as there was sky above him. “Whoever is responsible for this mess is going to pay in blood!”

The boy Trainer jumped up and grabbed the Pokeball at his side. “Rhyperior, back!”

“Rye-Rye, back!” After the two were safely away, she whispered, “Let’s get out of here!”

Another shotgun blast scattered all the locals and sent the two teens scrambling up the narrow path they had taken into the quarry. The resulting video had three million Internet hits by the day’s end.

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
lol, that was great!
that poor geodude...
I loved the friendly cousin rivalry

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Pokemon dodgeball FTW! That was what was going on, right? LOL at the last sentence :D.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Was it stupid? Probably. Was it insane? An argument could be made for that. Was it going to be stupendously ridiculously enormously crazily awesome? They sure hoped so, which was why they were recording the event.

Always loved sentences like that.

Anyway, yet another great and unique chapter.

Smunkie

Di immortales!
Ahhh, I certainly missed my regular dose of Ysavvryl goodness.
I loved the Snorlax one, and of course the Miltank/Tauros one and the newest one :D

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
He rolled aside, then grabbed the puzzled Geodude. She realized quickly what deep trouble she was in and began flailing her arms about. However, the Rhyperior was too caught up in the excitement of the moment. Grinning, he fired.

The female Rhyperior did notice that the new rock was a living Pokemon... but she didn’t really care. Grinning back, almost to the point of insanity, she braced her whole body, then brought all the power she had into smacking the Geodude like an all-star baseball player looking to make a home run record.

And the Geodude flew, zooming high over the male Rhyperior, screaming high over the Rattatas, speeding out of the quarry, smashing directly into the window of the quarry keeper’s house, blasting the table and its contents all over the room, then finally crashing into an antique china cabinet, destroying it and everything inside.

Seeing stars whirling above her head and shards of white and blue plates around her, the Geodude moaned, “<Why meeee?>”

XD Best. Part. Ever.

The resulting video had three million Internet hits by the day’s end.

ROFL Sucks YouTube is blocked on the computer. I'd LOVE to see that.

Very light-hearted, I enjoyed it. Though I was kinda skimming because I have to get off at the moment, I think it's one of your funniest, besides the Spiritomb. The competition was well thought-out, it seemed, except for the quarry. Whoops xD.

Keep it up! Love to see the Pidgeot one.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
I am sorry for bothering you, but could you make a Blastoise story? Thank you for listening.

Kaioken555

Shadow Pokemon FTW
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

now that that's done...
i want to ask for 2 more on deck:
Heracross 'cause he kicks ***
Dugtrio as a tribute to the pokemon i rocked Yellow with.
R.I.P DigL.....
(stupid generation gap)

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Hi new people! I'll add those requests; that's what this thread thrives on. Also, comboed the Aron and Sableye requests. You'll see why.

I decided to play with the contest aspect here. However, it's harder to establish facts on them, since the Serebii-dex doesn't list Contest Type and effect in their movelists and, unless I have that Pokemon with those moves, I have no way to check. So I went with what makes sense to me.

In Process: Aron/Sableye
On Deck: Metagross, Blastoise, Heracross, Dugtrio

PIDGEOT
Ruby/Sapphire entry: This Pokemon has a dazzling plumage of beautifully glossy feathers. Many Trainers are captivated by the striking beauty of the feathers on its head, compelling them to choose Pidgeot as their Pokemon.

The door to the hotel room slammed shut. “Hmph. ‘Common Pokemon never win,’ yeah, that’s what you think, floozy.” The coordinator sighed and leaned against the door. “But the judges don’t arrive until tomorrow morning. She can’t bribe them all in that time. At least, I hope not.”

The hotel room was more comfortable than a Pokecenter room would be, which was part of the reason she’d chosen it. And the large bathroom; that was a definite plus for grooming. In the main area, there was a couch, a large flat-screen TV, heavy curtains, and two beds. On one of those beds, her Pidgeot had already made a nice nest for himself by rearranging the blankets, sheets, and pillows.

Upon seeing that she was upset, he hopped off the bed and walked over to her. He cooed and bumped his head against hers.

She smiled and patted his head. “Good bird. Well, we have to get prepared. Come on, let’s practice.”

The Pidgeot chirped, then followed her towards the bathroom. She picked up a black tie on the way in there. After taking a few seconds to make a gentlemanly bow around the bird’s neck, she nodded.

“Okay, dear, contest face on. We need to be elegant and beautiful, but not vain. Most of all, we need to be ready for the competitors, judges, and audience.”

He folded his wings in just a bit closer and held his body up. Although every contest caused some nervous anxiety, he looked calm. And if they looked it, it was more likely they felt it.

“And now we’re called out to the stage. Remember, first impressions are everything. It true that there are many Pidgeots out there, but none are as beautiful as you. Make sure the audience sees your true beauty as we step out. Come.”

The coordinator put her hand on the back of her Pidgeot’s neck, as she would in a contest. While the bathroom door was narrower than most stage entrances, they went through with little awkwardness. They had been working together so long that they had no qualms about being close.

Once out, he tilted his head back, then shook his crest out. It looked like a completely natural action, but they planned that little display to happen right as they stepped through the first stage light. His crest feathers were glossy and gorgeous, in red, yellow, orange, and tan. When freshly groomed, they shimmered in such a lovely manner that even those who called the Pidgies pests would gasp and gape. This was an important step, to move him from ‘just another common bird’ to ‘wow, he’s beautiful’.

They walked along the beds and around them in a manner the coordinator dubbed the ‘casual strut’. Beautiful, but not vain. Looking vain could lose a high rank contest. Then she took her hand off him and stepped back so he could stand before the imaginary audience. He adjusted his wings so that their glossy shine was not missed either. A long time ago, they had decided on a peaceful beauty of a gentleman for him. Of all the images they could project, this one seemed most suitable and likely to win.

While they had plotted out every single step of their contest routine, it had to look natural when they did it. Thus, all this practicing and preparing. Coordinators and their Pokemon could lose for behaving too scripted, especially at the Master’s Rank they were performing tomorrow. But they had to have a script, to take every advantage they could. Some people thought coordinators were just lazy Trainers, but they had never spent weeks with a Pokemon trying to get just the entrance walk perfect.

When the first part was done, she put her hand on his neck again and they walked to the other side of the beds. “Lovely job. What comes next?”

He held his head up, still with his feathers high. But he gave quick little glances to the sides.

“Right, a subtle check of the competition. So, who’ve we got?” She leaned closer to him. “Oh, there’s a Bug. What do you do?”

He half-closed his eyes and held still.

“Yes, we don’t do anything. He’s a competitor, not lunch. Now, over there is an Electric Pokemon. What do you do?”

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

“Good, we keep calm. You can’t hurt the Bugs and the Electrics can’t hurt you. Now, who else... there’s a Fighting Pokemon here.”

There was a twitch of his eyelid, but nothing more.

“Yes, we don’t laugh and we don’t look down on them. You’re a gentleman, after all.” It wasn’t smart to bring a Pokemon clearly suited for another Contest into a Beauty Hall and Fighters were nearly all shoo-ins for the Tough Hall. But over the years, she had seen many unlikely Pokemon appear and win through cleverness and appeals. “Now, this is a big competition. Coming up last... oh no, it’s my rival, the super tramp, and her ultra rare Pokemon who also happens to be a shiny. What do we do?”

The Pidgeot tilted his head down and seemed unconcerned.

“Right, we pretend like we don’t know them. Besides, if it’s so ultra rare, how do we know it’s a shiny? We can still win fair and clean. Now, appeals time. Start off.”

Normally, she would be giving him orders on what to do. But it was always good to see what he would try. That way, she knew what moves he liked. Sometimes she even got a surprising strategy from her Pokemon’s practices. This time, the Pidgeot held his wings out as much as he could stretch, then brought them in quickly to form a small whirl of air.

“Good move.” On stage, there was always glitter, confetti, or something light and flashy scattered about in abundance. This would cause a small cloud of the stuff to whirl in front of him, a nice showy appeal. “Can you follow it up?”

He braced himself, then leapt in the air and spun gracefully, landing with one wing held high. Then he brought it down in front of him in a nice bow. Once it was done, he stood straight again.

“Beautiful. And, uh-oh, someone’s preparing to startle you!”

He held stock still and closed his eyes.

“Excellent. Now, startle them right back!”

He made a loud squawk, holding both wings out. Then he brought his right foot up high and stomped it down. To further the effect, he took on a look that said, ‘Don’t make me come over there, fool’.

The coordinator jumped back some, to show him that it was startling. “Ooo, scary. And it looks like the audience is really excited.”

This time, he jumped with a triple spin. He landed with his head low, wings spread out, left leg stretched back, and tail feathers held high. When he stood back straight, he had a look of, ‘It was nothing, really’.

“Oh, but now they’ve tired themselves out.”

He did his small Gust move again, but this time, he shook his tail and chirped. This showed that he was preparing a more thrilling combo next round. This would rile an audience right up when the combo went through.

She clapped her hands once. “Okay, and now we need to do something sneaky; we need to make the audience tired out so that my crazy rival’s combo fails.”

He shook his crest feathers, showing that he would enjoy this. Getting himself riled up, he twisted to the left, stretched himself as high as he could manage, and kicked one leg out. Then he twisted to the right and kicked his other leg out. Then he spun forward and went into his low bow before standing up and chirping loudly.

“Great!” It was a funny move and was really hard to follow up to, even in a combo. “Okay, last round! Show them your best.”

The Pidgeot rose up in the air and began flapping his wings furiously. A whirlwind was created around him. Quickly, his coordinator opened the sliding glass door so he could fling the created whirlwind out harmlessly. With the glitter and confetti whatnot available onstage, this was a wonderfully showy move. However, it tired him out, so they saved it for last.

“Beautiful, dear.” She went over and hugged him. “We’ll show ‘em that any Pokemon can be beautiful, even a common one.”

The Pidgeot cooed and flicked his crest feathers proudly.

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Thatwas a great chapter, I was expecting something entirely difeernt
that pidgeot will prove everyone wrong!

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
I wonder if they won?

All in all, it was a really good chapter. When I first started reading these, I never though that you could get so much variety just using pokedex entries.

But each of these stories has had a unique feel and a fresh look at some of our favorite pokemon.

All I can say is great job! And I look forward to more greatness.

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Thatwas a great chapter, I was expecting something entirely difeernt
that pidgeot will prove everyone wrong!

Kung_Fu_Klown2323

Go, Granny, Go!
Yes! I finnaly get to post!
I've been reading since you first started this, but me account wouldn't let me post anything. Excellent chapter! They all have been!
Aaaaaand, could you add me to the PM list? I would Looooove~ that.
And, though I seems weird, can you do a chapter on Sunflora? It don't get enough love.