• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokedex Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I think it was hinted that a new Mythical would be in the next movie.
The legendary in question could be like Magearna: the first Pokemon reveal for Generation VIII.

Indeed, I noticed the cover of the guide seems to comprise most if not all of Melemele's Dex as well, in addition to part of Akala's. We still don't know about Ula'ula's or Poni's, though.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Does your source say where Hawlucha’s located, because I thought it was included in the Melemele Dex and, if I had to guess, it feels like a pokémon that would be found on Route 3 since most of the Flying types are in that area.

Yep, that's correct.

Also no, these are conjectural locations based on dex number location.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm not saying the floette has to be super important or would be taking away importance, just that it could be involved and relevant if they wanted to.

The problem with that is a new form of a Pokémon that has never appeared outside of a cutscene before is pretty spotlight-stealing, regardless of how it's handled.

I mean Ghetsis is already stealing some spotlight by kidnapping Lillie so it wouldn't even really be that weird

I'm sure they'll all have some sort of impact on the story, so I wouldn't call that spotlight-stealing, at least for all we know right now.

I think it was hinted that a new Mythical would be in the next movie.

Hinted where? To my knowledge there has yet to be any official mentioning of the next movie.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There's an unknown Takara Tomy figure set to be revealed on December 27th, if that qualifies as a hint.

Doesn't really have anything to do with the movie, as far as we know, but okay.

R_N

The problem with that is a new form of a Pokémon that has never appeared outside of a cutscene before is pretty spotlight-stealing, regardless of how it's handled.

I'm sure they'll all have some sort of impact on the story, so I wouldn't call that spotlight-stealing, at least for all we know right now.

"Sorry giovanni with your mewtwo and your team made of evil leaders also using legendary pokemon from alternate universes where they won, I just got a weird floette and i'm just not feeling what you're putting out" no one will say, ever

Akashin

Doesn't really have anything to do with the movie, as far as we know, but okay.

If that reveal were to theoretically be a new Mythical it would. Timing is about right for a new movie reveal too, for that matter.

But seeing as there's a pretty good chance there won't be new games next year, that Mythical would have to be tied to USUM. Which means that we'll know before long whether or not that's the case.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
"Sorry giovanni with your mewtwo and your team made of evil leaders also using legendary pokemon from alternate universes where they won, I just got a weird floette and i'm just not feeling what you're putting out" no one will say, ever

I just meant it would skew "the balance" of the story towards Lysandre/Kalos. It would be odd to have one of the regions represented (that isn't Kanto or Alola, for obvious regions) to get treatment that special if the others don't.

Regardless, it just doesn't make sense to expect anything to come out of Eternal Floette anytime soon. At this point it is almost certainly either a relic that got cut relatively last minute from X and Y (which is my personal theory), or something put in the coding in anticipation of a "Z Version" that never came, just like the Zygarde moves. If it's the former, we'll probably never see Eternal Floette outside of perhaps X and Y remakes. If it's the later, then you would think it would have appeared in Sun and Moon like Zygarde Complete, it's signature moves, and Ash-Greninja if Game Freak still cared about using it. If it didn't appear in Sun and Moon, why bother now? I think we need to face the fact that this thing is a programming relic, either from a scrapped concept or game.

If that reveal were to theoretically be a new Mythical it would. Timing is about right for a new movie reveal too, for that matter.

But seeing as there's a pretty good chance there won't be new games next year, that Mythical would have to be tied to USUM. Which means that we'll know before long whether or not that's the case.

I'm just disputing the comment that it was hinted a new event Legendary would be in the next movie, as nothing has hinted at that, we've only speculated. We don't even know that this is a new Pokémon, let alone what type of Pokémon it is or whether or not it will appear in the movie.

Orphalesion

Who cares even about Eternal Floette? It can't even evolve and you can't have an eternal Flabebe. It's just a Floette with a different looking flower9and a special move) that can never, ever be a Florges for arbitrary and stupid reasons.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Who cares even about Eternal Floette? It can't even evolve and you can't have an eternal Flabebe. It's just a Floette with a different looking flower9and a special move) that can never, ever be a Florges for arbitrary and stupid reasons.

I had forgotten that this Floette even existed in the first place...

Aren’t its stats on par with Florges though? So that’s something at least haha!

I kinda hope they’d just hand it out sooner than later though, even if its starting to become less and less interesting. Might as well deal with open ends like this now, before starting afresh with the Switch.

Akashin

...Why can't people just be interested in Eternal Floette as it is (and I'm not sure how reasons we don't even know can be arbitrary and stupid, though they'll probably ultimately have to do with its whole dead and reincarnated thing)?

Aren’t its stats on par with Florges though? So that’s something at least haha!

I kinda hope they’d just hand it out sooner than later though, even if its starting to become less and less interesting. Might as well deal with open ends like this now, before starting afresh with the Switch.

Yes, its BST is a whole single point lower. It loses out slightly in a couple stats and significantly in Special Defense, but comes out ahead in Special Attack and Speed.

R_N

...Why can't people just be interested in Eternal Floette as it is (and I'm not sure how reasons we don't even know can be arbitrary and stupid, though they'll probably ultimately have to do with its whole dead and reincarnated thing)?

Yes, its BST is a whole single point lower. It loses out slightly in a couple stats and significantly in Special Defense, but comes out ahead in Special Attack and Speed.

It also has a unique move, Light of Ruin.
I think it's a fairy overheat?

Status
Not open for further replies.