• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokedex Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
I'm super psyched about Mienfoo/Mienshao since it's always been a member of my team since Black/White. Nice to see Zorua, Larvesta, and Mareep too as they have great evolutions. Houndoom and Manectric as version exclusives are a nice touch!

R_N

Maybe all the mega lines will be in? San starters and legends anyway.

Cool to see a nice spread of gens represented.

shadowF

Was kinda hoping Houndour would be in Ultra moon, happy Zorua is in though! I do wonder what version exclusives both Pokemon Ultra Moon and Pokemon Ultra Sun will have.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

john90

New UBs are the only thing I can see happening in USUM.
We've already got this confirmation thanks to the latest trailer.
From a lore standpoint, it makes sense, considering that different dimensions imply different UBs.
And if we really want to be greedy, also new Alola forms would be making a bit of sense.
Basically my hopes are at least three more UBs and 5 more Alola Forms.

We know Cosmog is number 387 (Solgaleo 389 and Lunala in 390) and that Necrozma is numer 400. So:

387 Cosmog
388 Cosmoen
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheromosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Celesteela
396 Kartana
397 Guzzlord
398 UB Burst
399 UB Assembly
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow

It doesn't seem there's space for more UBs...

future.newyorker

We know Cosmog is number 387 (Solgaleo 389 and Lunala in 390) and that Necrozma is numer 400. So:

387 Cosmog
388 Cosmoen
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheromosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Celesteela
396 Kartana
397 Guzzlord
398 UB Burst
399 UB Assembly
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow

Do we know that Magearna and Marshadow are 401 and 402? There could be more Ultra Beasts between Necrozma and the mythics.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Glad that Tropius is getting added to Ultra Sun/Moon's Pokedex, hopefully the Oddish line will be added as well. Regarding that some of the new additions are Pokemon that can Mega Evolve it is possible some of new additions are Pokemon capable of said thing bar possibly the starters and Legendaries.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Glad that Tropius is getting added to Ultra Sun/Moon's Pokedex, hopefully the Oddish line will be added as well. Regarding that some of the new additions are Pokemon that can Mega Evolve it is possible some of new additions are Pokemon capable of said thing bar possibly the starters and Legendaries.

You mean like Mega Dedenne?

Aetius

387 Cosmog
388 Cosmoen
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheromosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Celesteela
396 Kartana
397 Guzzlord
398 UB Burst
399 UB Assembly
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow

First, thank you for the quick list.
Secondly, it may still be possible for them to add new UBs.
But I realize that it might just be my wishful thinking.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
You mean like Mega Dedenne?

The Pokemon I was referring to are the ones that already have a Mega Evolution (the Mareep, Houndoom and Tyranitar lines being some of the ones shown in the latest trailer). It seems likely that they may make most of the Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution obtainable without transferring.

Last edited:

shadowF

387 Cosmog
388 Cosmoen
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheromosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Celesteela
396 Kartana
397 Guzzlord
398 UB Burst
399 UB Assembly
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow

So since it seems we wont get any other new Ultra Beats, how about Alolan forms? does the pokedex listing support the theory of new Alolan forms?

ShadowForce720

So since it seems we wont get any other new Ultra Beats, how about Alolan forms? does the pokedex listing support the theory of new Alolan forms?

There could be new Alolan Forms, because keep in mind that they share the same dex number as their original counter part for instance they could switch out Arcanine for Alolan Arcanine and it wouldn't have an effect on the dex number since they would share the same dex number, so really they have some flexibility with how many new Alolan forms they could add.

R_N

Edit 2: Litwick appears as an item in Photo Booth. Might be in the dex, in which case Island Scan is going to change a bit.
Edit 3: Swirlix appears as a photo frame in Photo Booth. Gorebyss' name appears on a trick for Mantine Surf.
Edit 3: Manectric is facing off against Sandslash. Houndoom is facing off against Ninetales.

Stuff like the photobooth and names shouldn't necessarily be taken as proof. The most obvious examples are the pikachu billboards in BW1/2 and Torchic for Amity Square in Platinum
SM in particular has Krabby on the Tide Song Hotel (as well as Horsea, an island scan pokemon).

So trying to math out the mega pokemon rq....
Base Alola Dex had 17 lines of the 45 lines with megas (ralts line has 2, obvs)
USUM has thus far shown 5 lines (btw you have larvitar listed twice)
There's 6 starter lines with megas, who probably wont be available.
Another 6 legendaries who probably wont be in the dex (though i'd be surprised if latios & latias weren't post game)

So that's 13 more lines if they wanted all of them available, which would come out to be..another 29 pokemon, I think. Seems pretty feasible and still leaves room for assorted randos like the meinfoo line and inkay line

as an aside this stupid piece of artwork drives me nuts
300px-Sun_Moon_QR_Scanner_artwork.png

I know literally it's accurate since any QR code could show any pokemon but they could have at least made all 3 island scans. It'd be nice in general if island scans got an ~ultra upgrade~ to allow more pokemon than the 84 we got. At least let us reach 500 pokemon!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Stuff like the photobooth and names shouldn't necessarily be taken as proof.

I have not. They are listed there as possibility, which is why they are not in the main list.

R_N

Ah. Haven't seen that. Still, I think they can be appended after.
But why would they
Cosmog is 387. that leaves 9 spots between Lunala & Necrozma (400). 7 UBs we already had, 2 new
387 Cosmog
388 Cosmoen
389 Solgaleo
390 Lunala
391 Nihilego
392 Buzzwole
393 Pheromosa
394 Xurkitree
395 Celesteela
396 Kartana
397 Guzzlord
398 UB Burst
399 UB Assembly
400 Necrozma
401 Magearna
402 Marshadow
like what john pointed out

Unless it's a new mythical, the dex has no more room for UBs and there's no reason to shove them after the mythicals in the alolan dex.
Platinum's dex is irrelevant because we already know that the other pokemon are being distributed throughout the dex rather than appended after necrozma.

Status
Not open for further replies.