• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokedex Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

john90

Guys, if you just keep bringing up the "anything could happen" factor it's difficult to discuss. Ikr?
I see what we have and what we have is not promsing in terms of new UBs. I can see new Alola Forms and with two new UBs GF has already done a lot. The problem with pokemon fans is that they always expect too much. Each generaton is always the same story: there will be two regions, there will be 1000+ new pokemon, we will go back to random previous place, etc...
What I'm pointing out is that we don't have any evidence of new pokemon/UBs coming, instead we have some info the points the other way. Maybe GF will surprise us but hey...

P.s. A feature that I won't be surprised to see again is pokemon following you, cause in each trailer we have had from June TPCi has always put something that reminds that (Wingull, Rockruff, with the last one, Torracat, being finally, unequivocally, it). I know this is just us seeing things that won't happen but hey if this is the case they have been really mean with all this hinting.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Just as a reference, here's the remaining version counterparts:

XY:
Poochyena-Mightyena/Purrloin-Liepard
Aron-Lairon-Aggron
Hoenn Fossils-Kanto Fossils
Sawk-Throh
Swirlix-Slurpuff/Spritzee-Aromatisse
Clauncher-Clawitzer/Skrelp-Dragalge

ORAS:
Seedot-Lotad
Mawile
Zangoose-Seviper
Solrock-Lunatone

B2W2:
Weedle-Kakuna-Beedrill
Plusle-Minun
Volbeat-Illumise
Spoink-Grumpig/Numel-Camerupt
Buneary-Skitty
Stunky-Glameow
Mime Jr.-Mr. Mime

BW:
Shroomish-Breloom

DP:
Seel-Dewgong
Kecleon-Stantler

HGSS:
Gligar-Gliscor
Phanpy-Teddiursa
Baltoy-Gulpin

FRLG:
Ekans-Arbok
Oddish-line
Wooper-Quagsire
Qwilfish

.Aerodactyl.

P.s. A feature that I won't be surprised to see again is pokemon following you, cause in each trailer we have had from June TPCi has always put something that reminds that (Wingull, Rockruff, with the last one, Torracat, being finally, unequivocally, it). I know this is just us seeing things that won't happen but hey if this is the case they have been really mean with all this hinting.

I was thinking about that, and how I'd really like it back. It could be that they're just doing throwbacks and all the little hints we've had is just Easter eggs to remind us and nothing more (which would be SUCH a tease, cause they've been using the little emoji speach bubbles and everything). If they were secretly bringing it back, I had some thoughts on it... I was thinking a really good way to "unlock" it would be refresh. Like, a Pokémon can only come outside it's pokeball at Max hearts. I'm also wondering how they would do it with all the cut scenes...I mean, would it just ignore it? You're walking around with your gyrados and all of a sudden Hau shows up to talk about plot stuff and you, what, put it back in it's pokeball two seconds before he arrived and released it two seconds after? I imagine having a following Pokémon appear in cut scenes would be troublesome cause they're all different sizes. So if they did bring it back, maybe it wouldn't be allowed until post game, or only allowed in certain areas as to not interfere with cut scenes?

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Sudowoodo is definitely coming back. Look at 1:18 of the Japanese trailer.

TBH what I hope for (although I doubt we'll get it) is more evolutions of older gen Pokemon that appear in the dex, just like Platinum did with Gallade, Probopass, Mamoswine, Electivire, etc.

johno1995

I'd like to see the following lines added, with 98 total previous-gen Pokemon added to the Alola Dex along with the 2 new UBs.

I bolded the ones who I think have a chance at getting Alolan Formes, if we do get new ones.

Nidoran M-Nidorino-Nidoking (POISON -> POISON/GROUND)
Nidoran F-Nidorina-Nidoqueen (POISON -> POISON/GROUND)
Oddish-Gloom-Vileplume-Bellossom (GRASS/POISON -> GRASS)
Ponyta-Rapidash (FIRE)
Onix-Steelix (ROCK/GROUND->STEEL/GROUND)

Smoochum-Jynx (PSYCHIC/ICE)
Kabuto-Kabutops (ROCK/WATER)
Omanyte-Omastar (ROCK/WATER)
Sentret-Furret (NORMAL)
Heracross (BUG/FIGHTING)
Hoppip-Skiploom-Jumpluff (GRASS/FLYING)
Togepi-Togetic-Togekiss (FAIRY->FAIRY/FLYING)
Mareep-Flaaffy-Ampharos (ELECTRIC)
Aipom-Ambipom (NORMAL)
Azurill-Marill-Azumarill (NORMAL/FAIRY->WATER/FAIRY)

Mantyke-Mantine (WATER/FLYING)
Houndour-Houndoom (FIRE/DARK)
Phanpy-Donphan (GROUND)
Teddiursa-Ursaring (NORMAL)
Qwilfish (WATER/POISON)

Larvitar-Pupitar-Tyranitar (ROCK/GROUND -> ROCK/DARK)
Electrike-Manectric (ELECTRIC)
Gulpin-Swalot (POISON)
Anorith-Armaldo (ROCK/BUG)
Lileep-Cradily (ROCK/GRASS)
Tropius (GRASS/FLYING)
Cherrim-Cherubi (GRASS)
Stunky-Skuntank (POISON/DARK)
Spiritomb (GHOST/DARK)
Hippopotas-Hippowdon (GROUND)
Croagunk-Toxicroak (POISON/FIGHTING)
Rotom (ELECTRIC/GHOST->ELECTRIC/FIRE, GRASS, ICE, FLYING)
Drilbur-Excadrill (GROUND/STEEL)
Darumaka-Darmanitan (FIRE->FIRE/PSYCHIC)
Maractus (GRASS)
Yamask-Cofagrigus (GHOST)
Zorua-Zoroark (DARK)
Joltik-Galvantula (BUG/ELECTRIC)
Mienfoo-Mienshao (FIGHTING)
Larvesta-Volcarona (BUG/FIRE)
Cryogonal (ICE)
Druddigon (DRAGON)
Inkay-Malamar (DARK/PSYCHIC)
Swirlix-Slurpuff (FAIRY)
Spritzee-Aromatisse (FAIRY)
Helioptile-Heliolisk (ELECTRIC/NORMAL)
Tyrunt-Tyrantrum (ROCK/DRAGON)
Amaura-Aurorus (ROCK/ICE)
Dedenne (ELECTRIC/FAIRY)
UB Assembly
UB Burst

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Seeing that several previously unobtainable Pokemon that Mega evolve are added, I guess it is safe to assume that the rest of them, except Gen 1 & 3 starters, Mewtwo and Lati@s, are part of the expanded dex.

- Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill
- Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot
- Onix, Steelix
- Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos (confirmed)
- Heracross (confirmed)
- Houndour, Houndoom (confirmed)
- Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar (confirmed)
- Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gallade
- Mawile
- Aron, Lairon, Aggron
- Meditite, Medicham
- Electrike, Manectric (confirmed)
- Numel, Camerupt
- Swablu, Altaria
- Shuppet, Banette
- Buneary, Lopunny
- Snover, Abomasnow
- Audino

That's 40 Pokemon.

Onix-Steelix (ROCK/GROUND->STEEL/GROUND)

I seriously doubt a Mega-Evolving Pokemon will ever obtain an alternate forme.

shadowF

I have been wondering what might be the version exclusives for USUM? could it be the same as for SM with a few new additions?

R_N

Seeing that several previously unobtainable Pokemon that Mega evolve are added, I guess it is safe to assume that the rest of them, except Gen 1 & 3 starters, Mewtwo and Lati@s, are part of the expanded dex.

- Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill
- Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot
- Onix, Steelix
- Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos (confirmed)
- Heracross (confirmed)
- Houndour, Houndoom (confirmed)
- Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar (confirmed)
- Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gallade
- Mawile
- Aron, Lairon, Aggron
- Meditite, Medicham
- Electrike, Manectric (confirmed)
- Numel, Camerupt
- Swablu, Altaria
- Shuppet, Banette
- Buneary, Lopunny
- Snover, Abomasnow
- Audino

That's 40 Pokemon.

I seriously doubt a Mega-Evolving Pokemon will ever obtain an alternate forme.

Assuming it wasn't just blind coincidence, it seems they chose Alolan forms on the basis of pokemon that didn't have a cross-gen evolution or megas. The closest exception is Raichu who had a cross-gen pre-evo

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I would still like to see Solrock and Lunatone added to the Alola Dex. They missed a perfect opportunity last time and I'm hoping to see them this time. They would make good version exclusives too. Rotom also would be good; how is it not in the Alola Dex when they have a Dex? Makes no sense to me.

As for version exclusives, I personally do think it'll be the same as Sun/Moon with a few new additions. We already know Houndour line and UB Burst (Possibly A-Vulpix line too) are U-Sun exclusive, while Electrike line and UB Assembly (Possibly A-Sandshrew line too) are U-Moon exclusive. But I wonder if they actually will change the existing ones around...

future.newyorker

I would still like to see Solrock and Lunatone added to the Alola Dex. They missed a perfect opportunity last time and I'm hoping to see them this time. They would make good version exclusives too. Rotom also would be good; how is it not in the Alola Dex when they have a Dex? Makes no sense to me.

As for version exclusives, I personally do think it'll be the same as Sun/Moon with a few new additions. We already know Houndour line and UB Burst (Possibly A-Vulpix line too) are U-Sun exclusive, while Electrike line and UB Assembly (Possibly A-Sandshrew line too) are U-Moon exclusive. But I wonder if they actually will change the existing ones around...

I believe it was stated that Kukui had to import the Rotom for the Rotom dex in SM though.

R_N

I believe it was stated that Kukui had to import the Rotom for the Rotom dex in SM though.

I don't remember that being stated. He said the pokedex itself is rare but not that rotom is.
Well by definition of it not being the SM dex it is rare, but there was no REAL reason for rotom to not be in the dex to begin with. And we're on a version of Alola with 100 more pokemon in it so why not

future.newyorker

I'm entirely pleased that GF is including more Pokémon with Mega Evolutions in the Dex this time around, especially the Larvitar line. I just hope that means we can use Mega Evolution throughout the course of the story.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm really hoping that some Pokemon who are a part of the Alola Dex are not locked to being unavailable until postgame... unless you trade.
I'd love to actually use Lucario in the base game without resorting to Bank or suffering through GTS.

Gonna be so weird to see Pokemon after the two Mythicals in the National Dex though.... if we get it, I hope we do....
I'm going to bet another mythical's going to be at the end of the National Dex. They have shown off both Magearna and Marshadow off now, and both will have been obtainable worldwide soon.

I really hope they finally show off a new Alola form soon....

I'm entirely pleased that GF is including more Pokémon with Mega Evolutions in the Dex this time around, especially the Larvitar line. I just hope that means we can use Mega Evolution throughout the course of the story.

I hope so. It annoyed me greatly it was locked to post game.... when there were literally NO battles left you could do apart from PvP, E4 Grinding or Battle Tree!
Hopefully the Megas stones aren't locked behind the Battle Tree, beating Red, and BP AGAIN..... make it like XY where you'd just find them laying about, made exploring the region more fun.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
Can anyone help me find where Mienfoo/Mienshao were confirmed? I started building a team and really want to use it, but only if it's available before post-game. I tried looking for a picture to hopefully get a look at what area it at least shows up in but can't even find the confirming piece of evidence. Was it from the Japanese site or something? =/

future.newyorker

Can anyone help me find where Mienfoo/Mienshao were confirmed? I started building a team and really want to use it, but only if it's available before post-game. I tried looking for a picture to hopefully get a look at what area it at least shows up in but can't even find the confirming piece of evidence. Was it from the Japanese site or something? =/

It was in the Necrozma forms reveal trailer. I believe the Japanese one.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Gonna be so weird to see Pokemon after the two Mythicals in the National Dex though.... if we get it, I hope we do....
I'm going to bet another mythical's going to be at the end of the National Dex. They have shown off both Magearna and Marshadow off now, and both will have been obtainable worldwide soon.

Yeah, I'm fully expecting this game to add 1 more mythical, 2018 is suspiciously empty as far as events go, and if 8th gen isn't releasing in 2018 (which I suspect it won't), they're going to need a new mythical to introduce.

future.newyorker

Speaking of new mythical, I wonder if that light figure on the box is gonna be that Pokémon. Or if not a mythical, than a new Pokémon in general. I don't see it being not important to the games.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Yeah, I'm fully expecting this game to add 1 more mythical, 2018 is suspiciously empty as far as events go, and if 8th gen isn't releasing in 2018 (which I suspect it won't), they're going to need a new mythical to introduce.

they may not have any more mythicals to distribute, but there are a ton of shiny locked pokemon they could distribute shiny versions of. I really won't be surprised whether there is or is not another mythical this time around. I kind of doubt it, but nothing seems to be off the table for these games.

future.newyorker

they may not have any more mythicals to distribute, but there are a ton of shiny locked pokemon they could distribute shiny versions of. I really won't be surprised whether there is or is not another mythical this time around. I kind of doubt it, but nothing seems to be off the table for these games.

Maybe it'll be that rumored Dolphin Pokémon that's Psychic/Random from forever ago. Lol XD

Status
Not open for further replies.