• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokedex Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Unless it's a new mythical, the dex has no more room for UBs and there's no reason to shove them after the mythicals in the alolan dex.
What if... there was a mythical UB? *sunglasses*

I don't think we could get anything other than a mythical at this point. It would be weird to add another non-Ultra Beast Pokemon, given the mysterious nature of the aforementioned UBs.

R_N

Hey side note can we please get Rotom in the dex this time. And please please please have the dex entry be suspiciously glowing in its description. "Rotoms are known to be the absolute best pokemon, and geniuses who know everything." "Everyone loves Rotom, even more than Pikachu."

john90

But why would they
Cosmog is 387. that leaves 9 spots between Lunala & Necrozma (400). 7 UBs we already had, 2 new

like what john pointed out

Unless it's a new mythical, the dex has no more room for UBs and there's no reason to shove them after the mythicals in the alolan dex.
Platinum's dex is irrelevant because we already know that the other pokemon are being distributed throughout the dex rather than appended after necrozma.

They could have actually if they decided to put all new UBs after Marshadow, the problem here is why to put two new UBs before Marshadow and the others after...No reason imo.

ShadowForce720

They could have actually if they decided to put all new UBs after Marshadow, the problem here is why to put two new UBs before Marshadow and the others after...No reason imo.

Although you have to keep in mind and I think that it's important to point out that UB-Burst and UB-Assembly don't have confirmed Pokedex Numbers right now so it's still possible that they could wind up being place after Marshadow. So until we get official dex numbers of UB-Burst and UB-Assembly I don't think we just rule out there being more new Ultra Beast and just assume that UB-Burst and UB-Assembly would put before Marshadow, Necrozma, and Magearna with the other Ultra Beast, because we never had a case like this before where completely brand new pokemon get introduce in a mid-generation game, so there is nothing really stopping them from putting UB-Burst and UB-Assembly after Marshadow, I mean sure there is the possibility that they could be put before Marshadow, Necrozma, and Magearna, but there is also the possibility that they could be placed after Marshadow.

So right now any ideas on UB-Burst and UB-Assembly placement in the pokedex is just speculation, so until we get their dex numbers we can't really say that they would definitely be placed before Necrozma.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
But why would they

Oh. OH!

I feel so dumb. I just realized that Burst and Assembly was already in the list. For some reason, my brain skips them. So stupid. :p
Disregard my arguments.

john90

Although you have to keep in mind and I think that it's important to point out that UB-Burst and UB-Assembly don't have confirmed Pokedex Numbers right now so it's still possible that they could wind up being place after Marshadow.

Sorry but then what are those two spots for? Between UBs and Magearna? C'mon, this is it...

ShadowForce720

Sorry but then what are those two spots for? Between UBs and Magearna? C'mon, this is it...

I'm sorry but before the two new ultra beast were reveled people would say that it's unlikely that we would get any new Ultra Beast introduce in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and that the 7 Ultra Beast that we had before were it, and yet here we are so I don't think other new ultra beast can be really ruled out just yet.

john90

I'm sorry but before the two new ultra beast were reveled people would say that it's unlikely that we would get any new Ultra Beast introduce in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and that the 7 Ultra Beast that we had before were it, and yet here we are so I don't think other new ultra beast can be really ruled out just yet.

It's not that I don't want this to happen but numbers speak alone...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Hmmm... the Platinum Dex did not include Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.
Manaphy was in the regional dex but Phione isn't despite it being a mythical and related to each other.

I'd like to think that the possibility of new UBs or Mythical Pokemon still exist, for post-game, and for the National Dex.

ShadowForce720

But then again you have to keep in mind that it's Gamefreak that decide the numbers so if they want to put more Ultra Beast after Marshadow they can easily do it. I mean heck before the 2 new Ultra Beast were revealed people would have said that it's unlikely that Gamefreak would introduce new ones in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and yet here we are, and heck before we knew about Cosmog evolving into Solgaleo or Lunala people thought and said that we would never get a legendary pokemon as part of an evolutionary line and yet in Sun and Moon we did.

So I mean when you really stop and think about it I don't think more new ultra beast being introduce in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon besides the 2 we currently know about can really be ruled out just yet, plus for all we know they could introduce new Ultra Beast that at the same time are mythical pokemon or similar to them.

Hmmm... the Platinum Dex did not include Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.
Manaphy was in the regional dex but Phione isn't despite it being a mythical and related to each other.

I'd like to think that the possibility of new UBs or Mythical Pokemon still exist, for post-game, and for the National Dex.

That is a good point.

Last edited:

R_N

But then again you have to keep in mind that it's Gamefreak that decide the numbers so if they want to put more Ultra Beast after Marshadow they can easily do it. I mean heck before the 2 new Ultra Beast were revealed people would have said that it's unlikely that Gamefreak would introduce new ones in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and yet here we are, and heck before we knew about Cosmog evolving into Solgaleo or Lunala people thought and said that we would never get a legendary pokemon as part of an evolutionary line and yet in Sun and Moon we did.

So I mean when you really stop and think about it I don't think more new ultra beast being introduce in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon besides the 2 we currently know about can really be ruled out just yet, plus for all we know they could introduce new Ultra Beast that at the same time are mythical pokemon or similar to them.

There COULD be another a dozen new pokemon after Marshadow
There COULD be a bunch of pokemon from the old dex swapped out with other pokemon
There COULD be a thousand different things different with the pokedex!

But the evidence is pointing to there not being more (non-mythical) pokemon after Marshadow. And even when gamefreak can do ~anything~, doesn't mean current evidence should be ignored.

Platinum's pokedex was how it was because they just appended every non-post-game pokemon they added to after Manaphy. BW2's updated pokedex didn't and reordered everything instead. And everything about SM's pokedex implies it is doing the same thing: new pokemon are being added throughout the dex, old pokemon are getting reshuffled, necrozma is still finishing strong the dex off normally, magearna & marshadow follow necrozma as mythicals.

ShadowForce720

There COULD be another a dozen new pokemon after Marshadow
There COULD be a bunch of pokemon from the old dex swapped out with other pokemon
There COULD be a thousand different things different with the pokedex!

But the evidence is pointing to there not being more (non-mythical) pokemon after Marshadow. And even when gamefreak can do ~anything~, doesn't mean current evidence should be ignored.

Platinum's pokedex was how it was because they just appended every non-post-game pokemon they added to after Manaphy. BW2's updated pokedex didn't and reordered everything instead. And everything about SM's pokedex implies it is doing the same thing: new pokemon are being added throughout the dex, old pokemon are getting reshuffled, necrozma is still finishing strong the dex off normally, magearna & marshadow follow necrozma as mythicals.

Except there is no evidence that the National dex will be reshuffled, which that's what your overlooking because right now we don't know if the 2 new ultra beast will come after Marshadow in the National Dex or if Marshadow will be moved down 2 slots. We only have an idea for the regional dex numbers but we don't have any evidence that indicates what there National dex number will be.

R_N

Except there is no evidence that the National dex will be reshuffled, which that's what your overlooking because right now we don't know if the 2 new ultra beast will come after Marshadow in the National Dex or if Marshadow will be moved down 2 slots. We only have an idea for the regional dex numbers but we don't have any evidence that indicates what there National dex number will be.

What does the national dex have to do with anything?
We're talking about the alola dex. The national dex will likely just put the new UBs after Marshadow. Awkward but only really relevant to external numbering.

e: I feel like I missed a beat in this conversation

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What does the national dex have to do with anything?
We're talking about the alola dex. The national dex will likely just put the new UBs after Marshadow. Awkward but only really relevant to external numbering.

Speaking of, have we ever had a situation where Pokémon introduced in a region have a different relative order in that's region's regional dex than the National Dex? To try to be more clear, have two Pokémon from the same region ever had one come before the other in the regional dex, but reversed in the National Dex?

Speaking of, have we ever had a situation where Pokémon introduced in a region have a different relative order in that's region's regional dex than the National Dex? To try to be more clear, have two Pokémon from the same region ever had one come before the other in the regional dex, but reversed in the National Dex?

If I understand you correctly, then you got the Platinum expansion, where Rotom and most of the cross-gen evolutions come after Dialga and Palkia.

Last edited:

R_N

If I understand you correctly, then you got the Platinum expansion, where Rotom and most of the cross-gen evolutions come after Dialga and Palkia.

Gen 2's "Johto Dex" was all over the place. I think gen 3 was a bit off as well, though I think the gen 3 pokemon relative to their selves were in national dex order

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Gen 2's "Johto Dex" was all over the place. I think gen 3 was a bit off as well, though I think the gen 3 pokemon relative to their selves were in national dex order

The "New Pokedex" was indeed all kinds of wonky, but Gen 3 was on point in regard to newly introduced Mons.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Pokedex changes so far don't bother me too much. Livolt (Manectric) being exclusive to Ultra Moon may mean that I'll have to change my plans regarding which game I'll purchase, though. I don't mind Hellger (Houndoom) being exclusive to Ultra Sun, but I much prefer Livolt and would rather have that on my team.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Yes, that's what I meant. I guess I didn't think of those two obvious examples.

M.P.

Retired
Glad to see the news of Pokedex getting expanded (especially Tropius is a nice addition). Hopefully this means there might be new Alolan forms.

I probably have to amend my planned in-game team...

Status
Not open for further replies.