• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokedreams, anyone?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I had a Pokemon-dream once. It was a bizarre mix of anime and real life.

meismadatyou

Johto League Master
When I was younger, I had nightmares of Groudon destroying my house and I was running away from it,then it used Earthquake and I woke up sweaty

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I don't have dreams about Pokemon all that often, but when I do, they're usually pretty weird. Once I had a dream that my pet bird IRL turned into a Piplup, and it had this long ribbon thing attached to its head, and I was trying to train it for a Pokemon Contest (I guess I was channeling my inner Dawn that night, lol). The weird part was that my entire backyard had turned into a pool, and somehow there were Carvanhas swimming around in there that poor Piplup had to avoid. Pretty strange, but I was happy that I actually had a dream about my favorite Pokemon for once, as opposed to the more random Pokemon that I normally get.

I've also had several dreams about catching/failing to catch shinies. Needless to say, I'm disappointed when I wake up from the former and relieved when I wake up from the latter.

I've actually had alot of Pokemon dreams, but the first one I had is unforgetable. I had fallen asleep in science class at school, and in my dream I see a Darkrai in the corner of the room. I get extremely excited and jump at it to try to catch it. It turns into a shadow and... I land on my face in real life. This is why it's unforgetable.

The only pokemon related dream I ever had, happened while I was banned from this site:

I was watching this guy catch a Samurott. It took quite a while but he captured it like a pro with his skills. Everything was cool until he turned around and said this:

"I'm gonna name him Samurott, I think it's a perfect name, and I don't think another name will work, so yes I will name him Samurott, I feel like it's my duty and it just feels right so I'm definitely gonna name him Samurott I'm naming him Samurott it is my duty"

TheMaster327

I had a dream the other week where I encountered a shiny Porygon2, however, this one was gold where it's pink, and silver where it's blue. Actually looked better than the actual shiny sprite, to be honest...

Hydreigon6507

Here is one that is slightly related to it:
At the beginning of the dream, Cyrus (Team Galactic) was on an older- looking television and he announced that he would drop a bomb on the city. Then he got a menacing look on his face and his hair curled up Grinch-esque. After that, the view of the dream randomly switched over to some children and I playing on a bridge in between a parking lot and a forest. We were playing with plush toys in a fighting game-like manner and then we went into the parking lot and started talking. Suddenly, the dream switched over to a scene where my mother and I were in a car and we were driving through a neighborhood covered in Christmas decorations (it was snowing too) and, in the dream, I remembered what Cyrus was saying on the television and I was about to tell my mother then I woke up.
I had this dream in the summer of 2009. I have NO idea where the Christmas decorations came from. O_O
I have had many more that relate to it, but either I do not remember them very well or it is on the dreams thread in Miscellaneous Discussion.
This is the thread:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?515054-Dreams

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I tend to have a lot of Pokémon-related dreams, whether it went along with the dream or not. I'm fairly certain I had one just a couple of nights ago, but I haven't been remembering my dreams a lot lately now that Wreck-It Ralph's become my current obsession. I almost always think one up to help me fall asleep, it just never stays for very long.

Sometimes, they get pretty creepy. For instance: when I was about eight, I had reached Mt. Moon in my Yellow version, and I got stuck (somehow). So I had a dream where my character was wandering around the cave when a thin, black cat came out of nowhere and battled my Pikachu (had a freaky cat growl for a cry, too). However, it ate my Pikachu, and then lunged for the screen to eat my character. Yeah. I awoke with a start, and since then, I've always remembered that creepy dream. Now that I think about it, there were slight similarities to Glameow...

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
All my pokemon dreams are nightmares. Especially because they are very distinct and I remember them VERY clearly--even days later. I have no idea why my dreams are so vivid. Examples:

There was some sort of zombie apocalypse going on. My pokemon (my team o' six) and I were in this basement storage room. We had barricaded the door, and the seven of us sat in there while the zombies (zombie pokemon. For some reason, humans were immune to the zombie virus) pounded against the steel door. The light bulb above us dangled back and forth, and dust rained from the ceiling. I had only six bullets left in my clip. The hinges started to come off the door. I decided to kill my pokemon so that they wouldn't have to be torn apart alive, or anything. I killed them all, one by one (since I didn't have enough to stop the thronging horde), until I got to my Hitmonchan, Sertorius. God, it was hell killing him. The other five faced away from me while I shot them in the back of the head, but not him. He stood there and stared into my eyes. I remember the gun shaking in my hand and pulling the trigger. I screamed, sobbed, and held his body in my arms. Then the zombie pokemon broke in. Then I woke up.

This one was more erratic. There was yet another zombie apocalypse, and it was just my Hitmonchan and I. We were running around, killing all the zombies we could find. Unlike the other zombie dream, humans were "infected", too. I eventually ran out of ammo, and we hid on the roof of a Radioshack. A zombie Girafarig bit my neck, and I woke up. Man, the zombie pokemon and people were climbing on top of each other like goddamned ants or something. It was terrifying.

I wasn't in this pokedream, just watching. Some cult in Pewter had taken Brock captive and threw him down in this...hell, I don't know what to call it. It was like a cistern, but wasn't full of **** (though the water was pretty nasty). There was this big hole, like in a sewer at one end of the chamber (I guess that's what I'll call it). Apparently, there either was or wasn't something in that darkness. He would yell at it, swear at it. He ended up going bat-**** crazy in there. He tried to escape, and the first time, he managed to crawl almost to the top of the chute before he slipped and fell. Jesus Christ, his fingernails ripped off! (there are two things I cannot tolerate, fingernails being torn/ripped/broken off, like really badly; and eyes gouged out. Those two things, NOPE). His back was all torn open. He ended up having to rip the bent back nails off. God, that was hell to watch. He pissed himself and puked. He tried once more to get out, and was successful. Once he got out of there, a cultist spotted him and tried to kill him. At this point, Brock was BADLY emaciated, but managed to knock the gun out of the cultist's hands and blow his head off. He took the man's uniform (since he was naked) and limped to the hospital. Then I woke up.

In this dream, apparently some cataclysm had happened to wipe out most people and pokemon. I remember that my pokemon and I were hiding in what seemed to be an old office building. The sky was orange, and black clouds hung thick in the air. I could smell gunpowder and smoke and could hear gunfire and explosions far off. Apparently, I had been hiding there with my entire team, but my Infernape, Lucario, and Breloom had all died and only my Hitmonchan, Medicham, and Scrafty were left alive. We stayed down, slept most of the day, and foraged for food and water under the cover of darkness. I don't know what was going on in that dream, but I remember an overwhelming feeling of dread and despair. Days passed in that dream, with the four of us sleeping in shifts while one of us stayed awake and kept watch for the other three. We had this busted radio that my Hitmonchan kept wanting to fix. Apparently, during his watch, he decided to say **** it and fix the radio anyway. When I woke up (in the dream) I was livid that he had disobeyed me and put us in jeopardy (because of the noise of the radio). He kept telling me about a transmission he heard (they could all talk, for some reason), but I was too pissed to listen to him until my Scrafty chimed in with "I want to hear what Sertorius says. What did the broadcast say, Sertorius?" Sertorius told us that the broadcast said that there was a walled town a few miles east where "there was no war" and for survivors to go there to seek shelter. My Medicham panicked and started rocking back and forth with her hands on her head saying: "It's just a trap...when we get there, they'll kill us all...this is just a trap to get all the survivors in one place...they will kill us all..." As per the usual, she and Sertorius argued: The Hitmonchan was for going to this "safe zone" and, naturally, Effie the Medicham was for staying put. Eventually, my Scrafty, Reglius spoke up, saying: "I think that perhaps the two of you speak out of turn. It is our Master's decision what we do, and I stand by whatever she decides." I woke up before I could decide. Pity, I wanted to see what happens--if it was a trap like Effie said, or if it really was the safe haven that Sertorius believed it to be.

In this dream, Team Plasma dropped a Nuke on Castellia city. Almost everyone was dead. The survivors were hiding in Clay's Bomb Shelter. The survivors were me, Prof. Juniper, Cheren, Chili, Cress, Cilan, Burgh, Drayden, Shauntal, Marshall, Grimsley, Lenora, Lenora's husband, Clay, and Marlon. God, it was horrible. Everyone looked like hell. Burgh's legs were completely crushed, and his back had been burned so badly. His top had been burned off, and most of his hair had been singed off. Cheren's glasses were broken and his face was badly cut. He started to panic, and Prof. Juniper told him that it was a good thing that I was there--that I wasn't just any trainer--I was a doctor, as well. I tried my best to help Burgh, but he died anyway. Man, his screams--the echo in that room. It was deafening. Chili and Cress were sick and Cilan didn't know what was wrong with them. They had radiation sickness and eventually died. I don't know what was harder, watching them die such painful deaths, or watching Cilan watching his brothers die. Lenora's husband died (he had internal injuries). Grimsley started to show symptoms of Radiation Sickness, but tried to hide them as best he could. I felt so helpless in that dream. I couldn't help anyone. They all died and there was nothing I could do. I woke up depressed as hell from that one.

Why can't I have good pokemon dreams?

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I had one long ago... it was night and me and some other person were walking around the park when yellow lightning started striking the ground near us. We got out of the park to see chaos everywhere. Lightning started striking the ground near were we stood so we got to the subway and just went in a few steps to be able to still see outside.

I looked up at the sky to see Wingull and a lot of Mantine and Mantyke flying while lightning struck. Rhyhorn were ramming against cars. The lamposts created this yellow color hue when lightning began striking less, but still there was chaos. A few people actually got out to use a Pokemon against the ones running around, trying to capture one >.> I did the same, but only when I saw something I liked.

Then I woke up XD

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I dreamed that me and my Torterra was in a tournement match (apperantly I passed out on the spot).We were on a ice field our opponent was Arcanine,but I used earthquake and it went down and we won(then I woke up).

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
As far as Pokemon goes, I just have nightmares about nonexistent glitches causing sprite distortion, game freezes, save corruption and impossible encounters with twisted monstrosities that make noises reminiscent of warbling, distorted Gen I-III cries and faint at the start.

I've also had recurring dreams about finding an Emerald cartridge with a completed regional dex that I've had lost for nearly four years now, but having completed the Gen V national dex, the point is somewhat moot.

-Nator-

As far as Pokemon goes, I just have nightmares about nonexistent glitches causing sprite distortion, game freezes, save corruption and impossible encounters with twisted monstrosities that make noises reminiscent of warbling, distorted Gen I-III cries and faint at the start.

I've also had recurring dreams about finding an Emerald cartridge with a completed regional dex that I've had lost for nearly four years now, but having completed the Gen V national dex, the point is somewhat moot.

Generation 1 is by far the most eerie of all just purely from all the myths and stories behind it. If you think what you experienced is nightmare inducing, I suggest looking up the beta theme of Lavender Town. Listening to that with a good set of earphones is bound to make you jumpy and paranoid afterwards for a good while.
Nothing is freakier than high pitched 8-bit frequencies.

Dreamy

I haven't had many Pokemon related dreams, but the only one I can think of involved the Lati-twins; I can't recall any details though.

Victinifan100

V-create Everything!
I had a dream of being a pokemon like I was in PMD and I was sleeping right next to a phanpy which keeped calling me a riolu and me and the phanpy went to through a door and there was a loudred and a chatot chatting in the hall way, we then went on a mission to capture a cofagrigus and when we got to him he had no face, I turned to phanpy and he was missing his face too! I woke up all sweaty.

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
Once I dreamed that I was on an island and lots of Wingulls attacked me. Another time, I was in the distortion world surrounded by ten Giratinas, all of them were in origin form but were different sizes.

TurboMechaElgyem

My most recent one involved me battling this girl. I used sky drop on her altaria and it replied by grabbing my pokemon and slamming it into the ground.

Totally should be integrated as a game mechanic.