• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGear Speculation Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Hydrohs in the gear there is only the phone the radio and the map. Where did you see the seeker?

He didn't mention anything of the sort.

He said that, if ever the VS Seeker is present in the game, he thinks that it won't be part of the Pokégear, but a separate Key Item instead, like before.

Calm PokeMaster

........And since we now have TWO buttons for selecting Key Items,VS Seeker will definitely be a Key Item.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
........And since we now have TWO buttons for selecting Key Items,VS Seeker will definitely be a Key Item.

Being able to register two key items at once is not conclusive enough to say that VS Seeker will be a Key item. Sorry, but it does not even relate to the matter at all.

Anyway, I'm still expecting VS Seeker's inclusion, regardless of how it will be used. As long as it's there, I'm happy.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I meant the finder for the debate we had a while back. I need to stop posting and reading at the ame time.

In the video they go through all the PokeGears function. They start with a picture of the PokeGear and then go through it before moving on. The Itemfinder is included in this. Watch the video, you'll see.

Calm PokeMaster

Yeah..thats why we were talking about SONAR and other stuff the day it was announced....and also about its use when you are walking.

Gokuzaru

GOLD, Master Of All
ok, so now the finder IS in the pokegear?

Gokuzaru

GOLD, Master Of All
alright. glad i got that covered.

Cackles

I hope we can change the color of the Pokegear the way we could with the Kecleon App on the Poketch.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I hope we can change the color of the Pokegear the way we could with the Kecleon App on the Poketch.

Again, based off the Pokemon Sunday episode featuring the PokeGear they've gone the sexist route - girls get a pink one and boys get a blue one. Being able to change the colour would be so much better.

TheGrimHeaper

Zetta Slow!!!

only 2 ._.
L,R,SELECT,START,Y dont really do anything, so why do we only get 1 extra?
what i wouldve done is put the key items on the pokegear or something

does it really matter what color the pokegear is?
no ones gonna care if you have a pink/blue pokegear -_-

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
only 2 ._.

L and R are for navigating through menus. Start opens the menu, no one likes select. X and Y are the Key Items buttons. Which leaves only one button, Select, which does nothing.

Moving the Key Items to the PokeGear is a terrible idea, then you have to navigate multiple menus to get to them, or you could just push a button which is the way they chose.

You're so wrong there... so wrong.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
only 2 ._.

Why bother? You don't even use 90% of the Key Items you have. Certainly the Bicycle will be registered most of the time, but you can go switch between Rods, VS Seeker (if included), PokéRadar (if included) on the other one.

Oh yeah, you use the L&R buttons to navigate pages. You use Y to use registered Key Items. You use Select to arrange moves of your Pokémon and items in your bag. You can assign Start button to have the same function as X.

People wouldn't bother asking and hoping that there be options to change the color if they don't care at all.

Grei

not the color

Guys, I'm pretty sure this means the color of the screen. Nobody said they wanted to pick what color the Pokegear itself was, the mentioning of the Kecleon App should've tipped this off. >_>

Also, GrimHeaper, if you're complaining that there's "only two. ._." register-able Key Items, then you fail. I don't usually say that, but it's true. We're lucky they gave us the option of having 2 Registered Key Items at all. Don't complain. : |

I think it is safe to assume that you only end up with a different colour PokeGear depending on what gender you pick, Boys = Blue and Girls = Pink. So if you want either of those colour PokeGears, you know which gender to pick.

And if you want to be a Boy and have a pink PokeGear you are just being awkward. 0_O)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I think it is safe to assume that you only end up with a different colour PokeGear depending on what gender you pick, Boys = Blue and Girls = Pink. So if you want either of those colour PokeGears, you know which gender to pick.

And if you want to be a Boy and have a pink PokeGear you are just being awkward. 0_O)

That's sexist. What's wrong with a boy wanting pink or a girl wanting blue? Nothing. They're just colours. It's just another way to add personalization.

That's sexist. What's wrong with a boy wanting pink or a girl wanting blue? Nothing. They're just colours. It's just another way to add personalization.

That's not being sexist at all, it's true tho, if you choose your gender as female in the game, you get a pink PokeGear, and if you choose to be a boy, you end up with a blue Pokegear, nothing sexist about that, if anyone is sexist it is Gamefreak. And like you just said, they are colours.

And if someone wanted their gender to be male ingame, and wants a Pink Pokegear they would be awkward as you can only get the pink one if you are female in the game.

Sheesh. < _ >

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

I was calling this specifically sexist. There would be nothing awkward about it. Then going on to say it's awkward because you can't get that colour as a male doesn't even make sense. The comment was sexist. =/

I was calling this specifically sexist. There would be nothing awkward about it. Then going on to say it's awkward because you can't get that colour as a male doesn't even make sense. The comment was sexist. =/

That isn't sexist at all, and it is also true, and no I am not saying that males cannot like pink, that is not what I am saying at all, so stop twisting my words, a guy can't have a pink pokegear in these games, as it is only limited to females, so stop being so immature.