• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGear Speculation Thread

Gokuzaru

GOLD, Master Of All
? ok, now im confused. whats going on here.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
That isn't sexist at all, and it is also true, and no I am not saying that males cannot like pink, that is not what I am saying at all, so stop twisting my words, a guy can't have a pink pokegear in these games, as it is only limited to females, so stop being so immature.

I'm not twisting your words at all. You're twisting your own words to make them sound less sexist. What you typed was absolutely sexist, there's no way to make it sound un-sexist unless you re-write it entirely.

Hydrohs the part with the waves and the sphere thing is the radio not the finder.

Looks a lot like an Itemfinder to me, and I don't see any waves o_O

Lemme re-watch the video.

EDIT: Alright watched the video. mitchman you are correct. I could have sworn I saw the Itemfinder in the PokeGear. Oh well xD

Last edited:

M.S. Grimm

Berry Apprentice
I think it'd be cool to have like a way to record little jingles from your badges (seeing as how, speculatively, one could have 2 octaves instead of one; 16 badges instead of 8..) and submit them to the Radio station. Then in similar fashion to the bug catching contest, you could get prizes for placing in the contest.

I also hope that the Match Call works for Gym Leaders and that it's more like Emerald's than Platinum's. I like going to the gym's to fight the leaders, and i like being abler to fight more than 3 per day.

Along the same lines, i'd like to see a friendship build between different trainers through match call. Like The trainers that give you the stones; I'd like to see them start off with less valuable items and you work your way up as you call them more. Then I'd like to see an increase in frequency in them calling you up as you talk to them more. That sort of thing, and not just with those trainers. Maybe call them up and tell them to take the train and meet you in battle frontier for a team-up. That would be sweet....

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I think it'd be cool to have like a way to record little jingles from your badges (seeing as how, speculatively, one could have 2 octaves instead of one; 16 badges instead of 8..) and submit them to the Radio station. Then in similar fashion to the bug catching contest, you could get prizes for placing in the contest.

I also hope that the Match Call works for Gym Leaders and that it's more like Emerald's than Platinum's. I like going to the gym's to fight the leaders, and i like being abler to fight more than 3 per day.

Along the same lines, i'd like to see a friendship build between different trainers through match call. Like The trainers that give you the stones; I'd like to see them start off with less valuable items and you work your way up as you call them more. Then I'd like to see an increase in frequency in them calling you up as you talk to them more. That sort of thing, and not just with those trainers. Maybe call them up and tell them to take the train and meet you in battle frontier for a team-up. That would be sweet....

The music thing wouldn't work. They'd have to create a whole system for figuring out what is 'good' and what is 'bad'. It's a Pokemon game, not a music game.

Match Call isn't even in HG/SS. It's the phone, the Match Call is exclusive to R/S/E.

blizzard909

<--Best Pokemon Ever

Awsome idea

Kratos The Pokemon master

that would be cool,specialy that you can call friends to meet you in the battle frontier,but i dont think that would be possible,but it would be sweet.:)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I doubt idea making for the pokegear is anything but bad. We know its the same as the original and that nothing is new.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
It would be cool, for a Gen 3 remake (that'll take forever.)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I doubt idea making for the pokegear is anything but bad. We know its the same as the original and that nothing is new.

I just like to point out that the PokéGear was fully remodeled, incorporated with the Itemfinder and has Map Markers, the Radio has a different method of tuning, etc...

D*N

Musical Star
That isn't sexist at all, and it is also true, and no I am not saying that males cannot like pink, that is not what I am saying at all, so stop twisting my words, a guy can't have a pink pokegear in these games, as it is only limited to females, so stop being so immature.

why not have a choice with colour you're pokegear would be??
a orange one :)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I just like to point out that the PokéGear was fully remodeled, incorporated with the Itemfinder and has Map Markers, the Radio has a different method of tuning, etc...
You did see the 1st couple of posts or so an the entire page behind us where I proved that the itemfinder is a key item still right? Cause the itemfinder is not in it. Sure the map marker is in but that was expected and the tuning well duh they had to change it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
You did see the 1st couple of posts or so an the entire page behind us where I proved that the itemfinder is a key item still right? Cause the itemfinder is not in it. Sure the map marker is in but that was expected and the tuning well duh they had to change it.

Well, I may be wrong, but for me, a simple change in feature is already considered new.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Yes the radio changing is new I have to admit that. But otherwise not featuring any new uses is another matter and it is why I find it unchanged.

Edros

no one beats me!
You can change the color, Confirmed!

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
The one thing I desire to be included in the pokegear is more features, it'd be great if it was combined with the poketech. (I kinda forgot the answers to my question/desires)

I love the pokegear and poketech, they were pretty much, well, they're basically my favorite pokemon technology (I mean throught the generations, how they had the hand held technology.).

Things have gotten great, but, as squrtle said, little to speculate.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
I'm not sure if pics of the new Pokegear skins have been posted anywhere(hell knows it's impossible to find anything specific with the constant flood of new info now), but here they are for easy reference:
Default male colors
Default female colors
TEAM ROCKET!
Japanese design
Red BG+Gold Pokeball design. Very fancy.
Generic blue/white thing that is completely lame compared to the other designs.

I really like 3-6.
#3 reminds me of so much from TWEWY
#4 makes me think of oriental things, I like the style
#5 gives me many memories, thoughts, and just giddy feelings. It reminds me of drama club, we started 6th grade, beginning of 2007-2008 school year. We had a hard time getting a play approved, and the one that got approved never got off ground (Actors, so many people dropping out/kicked out), but, by the end of the year, we performed our first play! I'm a great actor, and I've played lead roles, and one time a main/side character. The pokegear style makes me think of the drama, the comedy, the protagonists, the antagonists, the rise/fall of the curtain, the lights, signing autographs, all of it! It also makes me think of pokemon contests. The best thing about our drama program, first elementary school in our district to do a drama club, there's only one other has a drama club, which started a year after our's did.
#6 makes me think of ice pokemon, water pokemon, and other types I just love. They're awesome, and the wave, just great.

Sorry for the long post.