• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGear Speculation Thread

ap13095

Noobslayer
I wouldn't be able to - I don't know Japanese.

But it's sweet that the PokéGear is returning!

Surfing_Pikachu

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
honestly, i dont think this is a new girl at all.
i really just think its just crystal with brown hair and an EXTREMELY SLIGHT hair modification. just like in FRLG they changed reds hair to brown instead of black/dark blue.
so it is just crystal with brown hair and new clothing.
i mean really, just picture her with blue hair and you should see it.
personally, i like crystals new cloths. they ROCK!!!
and yes, im calling her crystal/kris/marina cause really, thats who this "new" girl is.
not new, just kris with brown hair.
flame me if you wish.
i wont respond though cause flaming is immature

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It seems like my guesses may have been right. Based on the screenshot above Chikorita (which you won't see on the scan on Serebii. If you need to see it, try looking at the last scan here: http://purenintendo.com/2009/05/12/pokemon-heart-gold-and-soul-silver-coro-coro-scans-info/), it looks like the Pokegear is being utilised via the Touch Screen and it will have an App Select screen almost like the iPhone. Also, it looks like there won't be any new apps.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I hate to say it, but seeing from the CoroCoro scans, I think we can throw the PokeGear idea out the window, because it looks an awful lot like a watch. I'm sorry to say it, but I think Poketch will be used again in HGSS. =(

Scratch that, I think the PokeGear will remain. Just took a look at the above scan, and it looks nothing like the Poketch, regardless of whether it uses the Touch Screen or not.

Surfing_Pikachu

ap13095

Noobslayer
I'm hoping for the iPhone-ish PokéGear that everyone is guessing about.

Nonono. That was just the PokeGear attached to his wrist. Even though that's the same place as the PokeTech, it's not.

It's Pokétch, not PokéTech. Please use the right spelling.

Surfing_Pikachu

ap13095

Noobslayer
I think most of us have already concluded that it will utilize the lower screen, similar to the Pokétch.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
I just hope its not gonna be like entry call for rematches again.

I have always belived the pokegear was the best. I'm looking forward to a 2009/2010 pokegear.

I'm hopeing for new music, if I have to hear that pokemarch one more time i'll go mad =/.

I'm guessing they'll make it a bit more poketchy, if you know what i mean. I hope its not as piontless though =\

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
I just hope its not gonna be like entry call for rematches again.

Yeah, or if trainers are going to call you, they have a good reason to instead of them repeating the same pointless thing over and over- usually of them "missing a catch" or "winning a battle." It just got way too repetitive.

I did like the phone. It made things interesting when your mom or Professor Elm called. I wouldn’t mind it if only important people like those two and gym leaders called you. Let’s just keep the VS Seeker for the rematches.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i am sure that there will be more new songs added at least that's for sure, the look will most likely be changed too, time doesn't sit still so it has to be adapted to this time's style.

i do remember when visiting the unown ruines that you could receive strange vague radiosignals when tuning the radio there, i wonder how that will go in the remake.

Last edited:

Prat

so.. from the update at the homepage, we got a clearer pic of the bottom screen..

doesnt seem to be like how the poketech was.. so I wonder how theyre going to utilize the pokegear? maybe without the touchscreen? but that just sounds stupid imo.

ziakra

So Zetta Slow!
From the scans...I still think the PokeGear would be placed in a menu on the touch screen.
There are still 1 slot on top (PokeDex probably) and two slots missing on the bottom part of the menu...so there's the possibility that it would still be accessible from the touch screen...
I'm guessing there could be an option that lets you receive additional spam calls for fun and to only receive important calls...
For the radio...I wish that some radio programs would be affected by the signal depending on location (you can hear certain radio programs when in a certain location)...hehehe

CrystalDepths

Jack Of All Trades
I LOVED the Poketch in D/P. That was one of the best things about D/P. I don't really remember the Pokegear that well. I just remember the cell phone which quickly started to annoy me. I didn't mind Professor Elm calling me because he usually had important things to say like, "It's terrible! Get back here, now!" I'd be disappointed if they take that out, but when the stupid trainers would call me and say the same thing over and over again: "I just missed catching a Drowzee! I was so close! Darn it!" I kept catching myself wanting to reply, "Look, I've met you one time in which I kicked your butt. I'm not your friend. I don't care that you suck at your hobby and life in general. Stop calling me."

Unless Game Freak actually mixes it up a bit, for example; the trainers don't just reach a limit and then don't get any stronger. Maybe they can become your apprentice like in Emerald and you can train them and help them out then they can meet you in a Battle Tower or something. If it's just going to be them prattling on about nothing, give me the VS seeker please. Only let important people have my cell number. =D

But here's hoping they'll at least put in the calculator, item dowser, pokemon friend checker (lol), the step counter, and the breeding app. I didn't use the other stuff all that much.

I don't see what everyones problem is with the calling business. I mean, they only call you if you give them your number. I remember they asked, "Wow, you're really tough, can i have your number so we can have a rematch sometime?" I don't remember them calling with useless things. That was in Hoenn. In GSC they caled asking or rematches and telling you about swarms.

And if you don't want to be called at all you can just reject their offer and not give them your number. I actually liked getting calls, even the useless ones. It spices up my boring breeding or EV training or shiny hunting.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
It would be better, CrystalDepths, if they actually had something worthwhile to say. They hardly ever do, unless its swarm-related. I dont want to know about your pathetic attempt to catch a Weedle, I want you to give me free stuff :D

Interesting things like that would be better.

bronco5

Anyone else notice the camera looking thing sticking out of the top of the Pokegear? Am I the only one who thinks it looks like one?

lil Liam

Comic Man
It seems like my guesses may have been right. Based on the screenshot above Chikorita (which you won't see on the scan on Serebii. If you need to see it, try looking at the last scan here: http://purenintendo.com/2009/05/12/pokemon-heart-gold-and-soul-silver-coro-coro-scans-info/), it looks like the Pokegear is being utilised via the Touch Screen and it will have an App Select screen almost like the iPhone. Also, it looks like there won't be any new apps.

What makes you so sure?
You dont seem to have any evidence there friend.