• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGear Speculation Thread

Surfing_Pikachu

GengarNightmare

Well, I would say that Poketech > Pokegear, but:
I really don't want much changes from the original PokeGear, despite all the potential it has because of the DS's features. It would really hurt the nostalgia experience.
I agree with this, too. Plus, getting rid of the Pokegear would require Gamefreak to find another means of posessing a radio, since the radio is part of the story.

What I DON'T want is pointless phonecalls on the Pokegear, such as the following:

*RING, RING* ----TRAINER JOEY
What's up, [INSERT NAME]?
Yeah, so, I almost caught this awesome Rattata the other day.....
It was sooooo close, too!
See ya! *Click!*
*Beep....beep...beep....*

o_O Irritating. Especially when you're waiting for a swarm or for evolution stones.

Prat

hey guys, dunno if this makes sense.. but you know how we call the Proffessor and he just talks about how many pokemon we caught? how bout he says a comment about the first pokemon in your party?
"Staravia are supposed to be very fast and skillful bird pokemon"
or maybe a comment on some pokemon in your PC box?
"Your Snorlax is quite naughty, its trying to jump on your tyranitar"

.. sorta like the pokemon ranch thingy?
I dunno if that made sense.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Its as simple as Poketching the PokeGear.
By that, I mean make all of its functions touch-screen-able, and making slight changes such as:
-NO ANNOYING CALLS.
-Radio stays tuned to the right stations when you leave a building
-New apps obtainable along the way, like the guy in Cherrygrove who inserts a chip into your PokeGear to give you the World Map.

Terrac

Fear the Tomato!
I hope they have more than three radio stations. Each one should attract different pokemon. Things like poke jazz, or 947 the magikarp....
just one idea...

Prat

I hope they have more than three radio stations. Each one should attract different pokemon. Things like poke jazz, or 947 the magikarp....
just one idea...

I like :)
also.. i dont remember.. but did the radio stations in g/s actually display any themes/tunes? would be cool if it could now.. walking down some place, with your favorite theme playing.. kinda like the pip boy in fallout 3.

reveh

花の声
I like :)
also.. i dont remember.. but did the radio stations in g/s actually display any themes/tunes? would be cool if it could now.. walking down some place, with your favorite theme playing.. kinda like the pip boy in fallout 3.

:) Yes that would be cool.
A virtual iPhone would be awesome.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
I hope they keep all the PokeGears' original functions, (but have other trainers call only when they tell you about swarms, want to give you something, or if they want to battle again.), as well as being upgraded with a few features from the Poketch. Like the Daycare App and the Match-up App. Plus the Type vs. Type App, that thing was useful for finding out ways to take out an opponents Pokemon.

Darkness of Zero

Touhou Fanatic
I think the USEFUL features of the Poketch should come back as Pokegear cards, as well as a few new ones.

It's be nice if the Pokégear would have a few added extras, like, as was said an iPhone like interface,

with stuff like:

Radio,
Phone,
Quick-Key items (For example, we can register one keyitem to "Y" But why can't we have an app on the interface that allows us to select a bike quickly, a rod, etc. And the same for items.)
In-Build Pokéradar that you get once you beat the Elite 4 the first time,
Map (Duh)
And something like a switch interface. So, you hit a switch, and you get to control the character and screen by tapping for places, and hitting tabs like, an arrow would bring up the menu, and you can select stuff, with your info on the top screen.

I dunno, just what I'd like to see :)

FRUiTY-DiNO

Fairy Trainer
Maybe the phone option could work through wi-fi (voice chat)

TheSpleen

* On the touch screen.

* More radio stations

* Radio doesn't cut off unless you tell it to - including overriding battle music. Exceptions being during special battles and events.

* App to create your own little tune (like the town theme in AC) and play it over some radio station - perhaps a pirate station run from your home or secret base which you acquire after finding the parts in a Team Rocket base. Maybe that's going a bit far.

* App to let you re-arrange your pokemon without having to enter the menu - drag and drop.

* Phone calls optional (except for storyline-important calls)

* Customizable ring tone on the phone, perhaps even per character.

* Iphone style menu to choose apps from instead of a back and forth button - or a way to rearrange apps.

* The option to delete apps you have obtained but don't want.

Bbran5

I hope that the phone calls are still there so you can rebattle trainers. I also liked the radio and the Lucky Number Show. I want it to be like it was, but add some cool things. I haven't played Diamond or Pearl so I don't know what its thing was like, but I don't want its to replace the PokeGear.

Last edited:

chombo

-the pokegear being in the touch screen would be awesome
-a calculator and calendar where to mark your important dates would work
-something like the teachy tv from firered and leafgreen
-maybe some extra function if played on a dsi like listening to your music from the sd card
those things would be awesomely amazing

Last edited:

Golde

Always Searching~
hey guys, dunno if this makes sense.. but you know how we call the Proffessor and he just talks about how many pokemon we caught? how bout he says a comment about the first pokemon in your party?

Yes. Yes.

This reminds me of the anime whenever Ash would call up Prof. Oak and Oak would be like, "You're Bulbasaur is stopping the fighting!" or, "Your Krabby loves these rice balls!" Junk like that.

As for the touch screen, I'm hoping there's really nothing to it on the the touch screen 'cept selecting.

Surfing_Pikachu

It would be pretty cool if you could text your friend if he was playing at the same time as you. Yes, I know we have cell phones, but you gotta admit it would still be cool for the little kids who don't. It would also need a block feature for spammers.

Originally Posted by Prat

That's a great idea! I would LOVE to see more things like that in the game.

manaphee

新たなる誓い
It would be neat if for the phone app, there was a system to call friends from the pal-pad by Wi-fi. You could talk to real life friends. 8D

chikoritalover16

I would like it to have the features of the original PokeGear, but along with some of the new apps from D/P/Pt. The map would become the marking map, but with some option, it would unfold into the full map! This way, you wouldn't have to register or search through your bag if you wanted to see the map.

Defy gravity!
;152;

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I would like the Pokegear to remain mostly how it was in GS but on the touch scree. Like said before, I want the radio and phone app fixed, and then a few poketch apps added, but nothing crappy that we don't need

Sapphire Suicune

I hope for the PokéGear to be a mix of the Pokétch and the original PokéGear. However, I'd also like for it to have a more efficient way of finding apps than the Pokétch. Perhaps a touch-enabled list of which app to choose from? I want the radio back, definitely, as well as the cell phone. I miss calling my mommy. :(

-SS;245;