• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGear Speculation Thread

Grumpig

Exams already?!
Personally, I would like to see the Pokedex, Pokegear, Pokenav, Poketch, and Start Menu integrated into a single full-color touchscreen interface. I say call it the Pokemon Digital Assistant.

As far as layout

Main Menu with the following Icons:
Pokedex Pokemon Items Trainer Stats
Phone Radio Applications Settings

I think the Pokedex interface should be a combination of the FRLG and DPP interfaces. In addition to Pokemon Information, it should also contain an encyclopedia of moves and integrate the Fame Checker into a 'Important people' database. The pokedex should also include tools for calculating weakness/resistance and determining mating compatibility.

The Pokemon Option works similar to its DPP incarnation, but also allows you to remotely check the stats of Pokemon in storage, and Happiness has a display within the stat screens.

Items should use the same categories from DPP, but separate Held Items into a seperate category. To make navigation, instead of each category consisting of a long list of items, display them on a grid, with line breaks to separate subclasses and have all items organized in the a preset order.

For example:
TM and Berries would be listed in order, 15 to a row.
Held Items might have one row each for incenses, type-specific boosters, signature items, Weather Extenders, Plates, Choice Items, Power Items, etc.

Trainer Stats works like the existing Trainer Card. The recent Pokemon and PokeRadar Apps should be integrated into the Trainer stats.

Phone works identically to Match Call in Emerald. Also, you can register the Daycare and they will call you when you have an egg to pick-up, and you can call them to check the levels of your Pokemon

Radio works like it did in GS, but has been updated to a Full Soundtest with all of the game's music.

Applications is for the small stuff that does not fit into the other 'Top Level Functions'
Possible Apps:
Map - Combines Berry Map, Town Map, Marking Map, etc into a single utility while adding other functionality.
Scheduler - Combines the Memo Pad and Calendar Applications into something that is actually useful.
Probability Tools - Spinner, Coin Toss, etc.

Settings works similar to previous games and also allows you to customize the appearance of the PDA.

As for the Clock: have the PDA's main menu display the time and date along the top edge. Any Poketch Apps I did not mentioned should be integrated into larger, more full featured applications.

YES YES YES YES!

This is what we need: to have the touchscreen actually used in an efficient manner (instead of just buttons like those in the Bag in DPPt), in full color, and as a substitute for the menu. I was actually going to post something similar, but then I saw your post.

IMO, touchscreen implementation in battles was excellent in DPPt (separating the items, making you choose moves/items with the touchscreen, etc.) but was lacking outside of battles. Sadly, given these are remakes, I think this is too much of an update for it to happen in HGSS, but I'm hoping it does in future generations.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I think it was this thread that it was said earlier in, but on the 'party' app where you can view your party, they should make it so you can rearange the order of your mons without going to the start menu

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
What if the radio played real stations?

invisible-chan

ポッキ の かみ
Well, phone and radio app are a must. If they take that out, I'm going to beat someone with deli meat. I'd love Buena's show to come back. That was exciting. I'd also like to get the Rival's number so that you could battle him again when you want. ;D

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
Im really just hoping they keep the phone because i really liked it in the original G/S games :)
It made me feel remembered when i recieved a call from some trainer i couldnt even remember >.>

Luxray101

I think it should be on the touch screen, and only have like 10 different apps including the old ones. Maybe a main menu as well. The Poketch had too many apps and it was really hard to find the one you wanted to use.

tomthepom

What would be awesome? I think that they should utalise the new DSi and everyone knows you can play music with that, if you have it one your sd card, well they could do a special channel like that. it plays the music on your SD card over the top of the standard music. that would be epic...

-TtP-

Last edited:

Starrbuck06

If the Pokegear is like the Poketch then get rid of useless features like coin toss, oh what a waste of space!

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
If the Pokegear is like the Poketch then get rid of useless features like coin toss, oh what a waste of space!
The Pokegear will be nothing like he Poketch. It will have a color screen map usage cell usage and a radio. If they put other apps but not useless ones then great. And its not too much of a waste of space.

gpt11

you can see the new pokegear on the main site its on the girl trainers bag and looks to be on the boy trainers wrist

Adz

Poke Knight
you can see the new pokegear on the main site its on the girl trainers bag and looks to be on the boy trainers wrist

Yeah! It looks awesome! It looks like a combination of the Pokenav and Pokedex!! Plus it seems to incorporate a camera which may mean its a DSi game!? The design is very different to the old style PokeGear so I wonder if it will still even have the same name. Also in one of the screenshots of New Bark Town you can see the lower screen with what appears to be menu buttons. So the apps may be clickable to open up the screens rather than having to scroll through apps!

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Having a radio would be great, Although I can't remember when you got it in the original. Anyhow, I want the radio by the time I arrive at the Ruins of Alpha. The phone would be nice too. As long as they have something like the Team Status App, I'll be happy.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
Phone
Radio
TV (Like in FR/LG)
Breeding Center Checker
Happiness/Friendship Checker
Map (With map marking)
PokeRadar
Wifi Checker
Step Counter
Clock (Analog and Digital)

Last edited:
Having a radio would be great, Although I can't remember when you got it in the original.

You got the PokéGear from your mom right at the start of the game.

You got the radio application from Goldenrod City's Radio Tower, after doing a small quiz.

You got the map from the old man near the Pokémon center in Cherrygrove City.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Is it me or does it have a *shocking music* camera?! If so then well all of you who complained about the DSi functions being a possiblity you might have to complain more.

Is it me or does it have a *shocking music* camera?! If so then well all of you who complained about the DSi functions being a possiblity you might have to complain more.

I wouldn't mind having a camera application for the PokeGear, but I think it would have to be bought from DSiWare Shop, as there would be no point of having it if you have a DS Lite is there?

TheSpleen

In case nobody has noticed or mentioned, the pokegear has been confirmed to be on the bottom screen, take a look at the screenshot from New Bark in the scan.

Yes, for those of you that haven't noticed, it is on the same page as the new female character 'Soul, and it is above Chikorita. It shows Gold in New Bark Town, and a PokéGear possibly on the touch screen. The image should appear below.

DVC00007.jpg

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
To me it seems to have more then those 3 options. I mean there is more screen and all. I guess when the site for this opens(oh come now you know that on the 15th it will more then likely happen) we will see.