• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGirl for Gen 8 anime

Who do you think should travel with Ash in Galar?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What PokeGirl do you think Ash would travel within Galar. Would it be an entirely new character, or would they bring back someone like Misty, Serena, or Lillie?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Wouldn't this topic be better suited for when we know of the Pokegirls within Galar?

I wouldn't mind seeing scottish girl, but at the same time I don't want her because.... she's not going to be like her fandom version at all, and people are likely going to hate whatever they do to her because of that fact. xD

I'd love it if Mallow got to stay on as the third character, she fills all the right requirements for the role and Alola didn't do her character justice! I've actually thought for awhile the third character should stick around for two regions, Cilan and Mallow both had great potential.... Clemont would have had no reason to however, his goal is to be the best gym leader he can be so..... why would he leave Kalos exactly? Ash taught him everything he needed to BEFORE the gym battle.... Clemont's story ended after the gym. Mallow and Cilan both felt like they had stories to tell

But the Pokegirl herself should be somebody entirely new, like in every saga after the OS. Not Lillie, not Misty, not May or even Dawn.... much as I'd LOVE to see the two performers main characters again. And yes, I feel the same about Serena. If they wanted to keep her then they shouldn't have sent her away! However I do think Serena is owed SOMETHING for her lack of specials/appearances during the SM saga, perhaps the new character can be having an identity crisis like she did with her goal. She appears and showcases Contests, new Pokegirl tries them.... not saying the new girl should be a performer, but it certainly gives better focus/development than anime original goals like Conniseur and Showcases

Kintaro

Banned
If you've been following the anime for 20 years, you know it'll be a Gen 8 female character. It might not be the main playable heroine (after all Hilda, the Gen 7 female lead weren't in the anime), but it'll be someone. No old female will ever return to the main cast.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If you've been following the anime for 20 years, you know it'll be a Gen 8 female character. It might not be the main playable heroine (after all Hilda, the Gen 7 female lead weren't in the anime), but it'll be someone. No old female will ever return to the main cast.

Or it could be. The 'pattern' basically consists of the game girl not appearing if she doesn't appear in the game. Dawn and May had roles, Hilda didn't. Serena had a role, Moon didn't. Scottish girl.....?

I think it's better to have at least one Gym Master on the cast, to give more insight on what their role is like.... unless they're just over glorified gym leaders after all lol
Besides it's nice seeing your favorite characters from the game get more focus rather than get a one shot or two episodes at the most, can't really say the game version of Scottish girl is your favorite as she might have no personality at all like Hilda and the rest
Also if we get a Gym Master, I do hope that they specialize in a type not seen on the cast before.... or at the very least, not a type currently on the cast. Rock and Dragon would be fine, Electric DEFINITELY needs a seat, and Water doesn't need a third run either. I'd prefer something like.... Poison or Dark, show that they aren't villainous Pokemon instead of both anime/games stereotyping them all the time! (Besides, don't really see many females with those typings that aren't villains) Or Bug/Flying/Fighting/Ice/Psychic/Ghost/Steel

Red and Blue

Either the female trainer or a female gym master. Preferably the female player since I like her design.

I could see a Serena cameo or arc in Galar but I doubt she'd be the fulltime companion

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Serena because no specials, appearance, nothing. Really makes you hope writers do something right
If they don't, what would happen?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Hoping Serena will come back is a lost cause. If she hasn’t already, she isn’t going to. Maybe a two/three episode arc or special if Galar is as connected to Kalos as people are obsessing over, but other than that, there’s no chance. Iris’ ship has unfortunately sailed as well.

Anyways, Scottish Girl is adorable and I love her design; I have a feeling she’ll be in the anime to some capacity. She really stands out to me for the first time since Rosa, her overall look has a lot of personality. Game Dawn and Serena were nothing like their anime counterparts; so expecting people to dislike her in the show just because she doesn’t match the fan-made characterization is kind of a premature thought.

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
None of the other region girls would make sense

Alola even less so because none of them have any depth to them, and wasting another generation to fix that would be abysmal writing

Which means that's exactly what's going to happen because the writing somehow manages to keep finding new lows to sink to, so dragging dead weight to another region is perfect

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I voted Misty for fun, but in reality we all KNOW an old female character is not traveling with Ash again.

I’m hoping a new female lead will be interesting though. I’m trying not to get my hopes but I really hope we don’t have another female into contests or showcases which were rip off contests. Or another type master since the writers clearly don’t know how to handle that. I hope she gets an original, interesting goal with a lot of focus.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Or it could be. The 'pattern' basically consists of the game girl not appearing if she doesn't appear in the game. Dawn and May had roles, Hilda didn't. Serena had a role, Moon didn't. Scottish girl.....?
Technically that's not true. Her appearance is very minor and easily missed, but she is there.

In any case, yeah it's going to be a new character. Whether it be the female PC or someone else remains to be seen, but we are 100% not going to see any of the Alola girls or a previous traveling companion just go "Hey, I wanna go to Galar with you!" I will be very surprised if I'm wrong about this.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Why the heck should any of the past characters be Ash's traveling companion for Galar? They don't promote anything and pretty much any of them are done and boring to watch for a second region.

Female protagonist should be the new girl. Please not another gym leader set. And write her s bit differently from May, Dawn or Serena. I would actually like a pre-series special or the first episode to purely focus on her without Ash already arriving in Galar. How about we see the new girl in school for a bit? If she's gonna do contests, then maybe her being part of a contest students class just like we saw in Rustboro City's school and we see her doing her final exam, saying goodbye to her classmates, showing off rivals and then let her get her first Pokemon. Also some kind of subplot like she being called a nerd, who sucks in the practical part, a female rival like Gary who's mocking on her, a friendly one who she might have a crush on etc. So much is possible if the writer would actually try.

Why the heck should any of the past characters be Ash's traveling companion for Galar? They don't promote anything and pretty much any of them are done and boring to watch for a second region.

Female protagonist should be the new girl. Please not another gym leader set. And write her s bit differently from May, Dawn or Serena. I would actually like a pre-series special or the first episode to purely focus on her without Ash already arriving in Galar. How about we see the new girl in school for a bit? If she's gonna do contests, then maybe her being part of a contest students class just like we saw in Rustboro City's school and we see her doing her final exam, saying goodbye to her classmates, showing off rivals and then let her get her first Pokemon. Also some kind of subplot like she being called a nerd, who sucks in the practical part, a female rival like Gary who's mocking on her, a friendly one who she might have a crush on etc. So much is possible if the writer would actually try.
You seem to be saying to just copy Dawn pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.