• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokegyms Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
KNiGJ1B.png

Welcome, one and all, to
POKEGYMS REBORN!
Pokegyms is OPEN for business! Happy battling!!!​

The Pokegyms league was one of the first and longest standing leagues on the Serebii forums, and now it has returned! We welcome all battlers old and new to our league, please review the rules below~

General Rules:

-Please follow and obey all the main SPPF rules
-Pokegyms is a Wifi league that uses pokemon Sun and Moon.
-Pokegyms generally follows SMOGON OU Singles rules. Pokémon that are banned for challenger use are listed in this smogon post.
-Leaders and e4 members of this league are permitted to use a single Uber or non uber of their type, or a "Totem", with exceptions (no Primals, no mega evolutions of legends) Leaders must make their Totem known to challengers, a list will be compiled for challengers to see.
-In order to defeat a gym leader, you must defeat that leader's totem pokemon. If you defeat the totem, you win, regardless of the score (ex: if you defeat the totem pokemon, and you have 1 pokemon compared to the leader's 5, then you still win).
-If you encounter a problem within the league, please feel free to contact me (dragontamer44722)
-Gym leaders and challengers are responsible for posting the results of their battles in this thread. When appropriate, update your posts, do not double post. (post another message right after you posted another)
-Challenges can be arranged via pm/vm, or through the chat when it is available.
-Do NOT disconnect during your battles! If you are found to be doing so on purpose, you may be banned from the league. If you have connection issues, please state this before the battle.
-Do NOT use pokemon that have been hacked (Pokesav, Pokegen, illegal traits given through At, etc) Anyone found to be using pokemon with any illegal trait may be banned.
-Make sure to have fun!

Challenger Rules
-In order to sign up for the league, please fill out the challenger application posted below.
-The Pokegyms league consists of 8 gyms and 4 Elite 4 members. You can battle leaders with different teams every time so long as the team does not carry more than 3 pokemon super effective or resistant to that leaders type, ie Counter Teaming (ex: a team of Diancie, Mimikyu, Lapras, Cloyster, Blastoise and Raichu is considered a Counter team to Dragon, so it could not be used.)
-Challengers of the e4 must defeat all members of the e4 with the same team, and may not change their pokemon team at any time.(items, evs, nature, attacks, forms and ability may be changed) However, the counter teaming rule does not apply here.
-Challengers may not fight the e4 until they have defeated all 8 leaders.
-Challengers are responsible for knowing what the totem of each leader is (a list of them will be provided). Do not start a battle and then say midway that you didn't know what the totem was.

Leader Rules
-Leaders must show activity within the thread by posting and opening their gym at least once a week. Anyone who does not open their gym within a month will be removed from their post.
-If challenged, please confer with the challenger to set up a time to battle. You may only refuse a battle if the challenger is using hacked pokemon/has a counter team.
-Once a battle starts, you must finish it. A battle that results in a DC is void unless the leader and challenger agree that a winner was clear. Ties will always be a loss for the challenger.
-Leaders must use 4 pokemon of their given type, and 2 pokemon of any other type. The leader's totem may be any pokemon of their type with some exceptions (see general rules for exceptions).
-Totems must be the leaders type (if a pokemon mega evolves into your type it will be accepted as long as it mega evolves the turn it comes in. Also, your totem pokemon, if it mega evolves, has to remain your type. For example, if you are the Flying leader and you have Altaria as a totem, you cannot mega evolve it as it loses its Flying type upon evolving)
-Once you become a leader, your selected Totem must be made known to me (dragontamer44722) so that I can compile a list of them for challengers to use. If you decide to change your Totem, I must be told, and the change will take effect the next day. Should you win against a challenger and be asked for a rematch right after, you cannot change your totem pokemon. The remainder of your team, however, can be changed.
-Leaders must be able to battle in Singles under normal rules.
-Anyone may apply for a leader position, but I generally ask for a test battle beforehand to determine if you have a solid grasp of battling and your selected type.
-Please use your userbar in your signature if you are able. If it does not fit, please use your badge or have something that indicates your position in the league.

Elite Four Rules
-E4 members, like gym leaders, are permitted to use a single uber pokemon, or "totem", but the same limitations apply (no Primals, no mega legends)
-Like gyms, you will know the E4 totems ahead of time. However, you must defeat the e4 members ENTIRE team to win.
-To challenge the E4, you must obtain 8 badges from the different gyms.
-The E4 may be challenged in any order, but you must defeat them all with the same team (ivs, nature, item, etc, can be changed, but the pokemon species may not)
-Because your team cannot change, the Counter Team rule does not apply to e4 battles.

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/5T8YcAr

Badge Spreadsheet Link

5k2uVcJ.png

Challenger Application:
HTML:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5k2uVcJ.png[/IMG]
Username:
Friend Code:
Timezone:
A little snippet about yourself:

T7sJDBe.png

Leader Application
HTML:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/T7sJDBe.png[/IMG]
Username:
Friend Code:
Timezone:
Desired Type:
A little snippet about yourself:

Battle Result Form:
HTML:
Name:
Challenger/Leader:
Result (and score)
Totem Status (ie fainted or healthy)
Comments about the battle (be constructive)

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
ITwVwDT.png

Thanks to American Pi for the banner!

7Q1XFUj.png

Sito
3cwpZ3b.png

Skullbash
60pq9ru.png

Fairywitch
93s1EiF.png

Silverlanayru
bQghrne.png

Charizard Rulez
Pb0WNLt.png

Conquer Phoenix
DCmBqTe.png

MegaMeganium
Ob29UkY.png

TwinYoshi

AIhr3ji.png

dragontamer44722
gqUVa8L.png

Lynxforte
eifTHNR.png

Whybuffet
pU9ez8a.png

Djsummers

644.gif

Electric
091.gif

Water
blaziken-mega.gif

Fighting
492-sky.gif

Grass
lugia_xy_sprite_by_shinylugiaplz-d7qxfmb.gif

Psychic
xerneas-active.gif

Fairy
yveltal_animated_sprite_by_ekurepu-d5rwsx9.gif

Flying
latest

Rock
484.gif

Dragon
lunala.gif

Ghost
groudon.gif

Ground
Reshiram_XY.gif

Fire

Last edited:

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Username: Sito
Friend Code:1676-4178-1142
Timezone: -06:00
A little snippet about yourself: This was the first league I fought back in the days of X/Y, so its going to be fun challenging it again :)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Username: FairyWitch
Friend Code: in my sig
Timezone: gmt -5
Desired Type: Grass
A little snippet about yourself: well I been playing comp since 5th gen but I stop being serious around 6th gen which I like to have fun with meta now >.> my favorites are grass and fairy type pokemon :3

not sure if I had to fill this out again dt but I did XD anyway i will be ready probably once they fix the glitch with trading because some things are not trading right on sun and moon. I just got my bracers to ev train so I will be unavailable to battle until I get a team breed up and ev trained up ^_^

also dt if you need me to delete the post seeing that you said its under contruction let me know :3

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
You're fine Fairy xD Though closed for challengers posts from leaders are ok. Thanks for filling out the form again :3 I will be PMing all leaders who are confirmed soon so stay tuned

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Great news all! Pokegyms will be opening to challengers in approximately 2 weeks! Leaders have been asked to have their teams ready to go by February 17th, so if you would like to join the league you are welcome to post in the thread so you can see when we officially open! Wooooo~

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
Username: MegaMeganium
Friend Code: 4614-0152-8986
Timezone: EST
A little snippet about yourself: A former Fighting leader for the Pokegyms of old. I am returning to test my mettle against the new leaders.

Username: 3Fiddy
Friend Code: Sig
Timezone: Central US.
A little snippet about yourself: I use to participate in the tournaments. I like the theme building aspect. Im ab to start a playthrough today but once im finished ill attempt some challenges in the league. I will be checking in from time to time for the tourneys. Feel free to PM/VM me for tournament dates:)

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
I rate the banner 3/10 Not enough Alolan Exeggutor. Also, my team should be done soon, still breeding a Turtonator and waiting on an Adamant Belly Drum Aqua Jet Marill. I assume all of the leader positions are full?

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Actually no they aren't. We have, if I remember correctly, 5 or 6 permanent leaders for the time being, with 2 e4 members taking positions until permanent leaders are found.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I rate the banner 3/10 Not enough Alolan Exeggutor. Also, my team should be done soon, still breeding a Turtonator and waiting on an Adamant Belly Drum Aqua Jet Marill. I assume all of the leader positions are full?

yeah most of the leaders I think went inactive if you want to be a leader that would help mega :D also wroking on my team soon which trying to whip up a team not just for here and trinty but random doubles team just to get those mega stones for the new global tournament coming up >.>

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
I doubt I'll be able to construct another Fighting team, although I do have a Rock one in the making that I'm almost done with.

Last edited:

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Username:Conquer Phoenix
Friend Code:5129-2125-8919
Timezone:4 est
Desired Type:Flying
A little snippet about yourself:Stuff

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Username:Conquer Phoenix
Friend Code:5129-2125-8919
Timezone:4 est
Desired Type:water if not that dragon
A little snippet about yourself:Stuff

Water and dragon have both been taken I'm afraid. Pm me to get what types are still available, or check the op in a few hours to see what is there.

I'll be doing some minor changes to the op as the day goes on, including announcing what leaders we have and what types they are. Userbars are not yet made but they will be coming soon.

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
Has Rock been taken? And also should I send my leader application now or wait until I have all of my Pokemon ready?

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
I should have it done by then. Still in the process of getting what will be my totem, but everything else is good.

Desired Type: Rock
A little snippet about yourself: Former fighting leader for XY Pokegyms. Believes the best defence is a strong offense.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I should have it done by then. Still in the process of getting what will be my totem, but everything else is good.

Desired Type: Rock
A little snippet about yourself: Former fighting leader for XY Pokegyms. Believes the best defence is a strong offense.

Welcome back :3 Once you know what your totem will be send it to me via pm or vm so I may take note of it.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
My Ghosts shall annihilate you!

Plus, for all you Yu-Gi-Oh/Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged fans: My opponent's teams won't stand a ghost of a chance.

AHAHAHAHA!

But seriously, I'll be ready for challenges by the 17th. Also, while I'm here...

Challenger Application:
5k2uVcJ.png

Username: WhyBuffet
Friend Code: 1693-1773-2651
Timezone: GMT -4
A little snippet about yourself: My opponents won't stand a ghost of a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.