• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

RifleAvenger

See you starside
what DW poke? and why a jap speed boost blaziken could be legit

Unfortunately, that's a secret, seeing as it's part of my challenger team. I've still got half the gyms to go before I reach the E4.

It's not gliscor though, I didn't run my stall team.

As to Blaziken, yeah, I guess one could be legitmate. If you ask me, I think Blaziken was supposed to be on the ban listing, but was banned after the tournament and the rules were announced.

RifleAvenger

See you starside
The guy who went head to head with me in the finals ran a trick room team:

Lilligent (sleep powder, and to hide the team's true intent)
Renucleus
Excavalier
Scrafty
Porygon2
Electross

Choice banded Excavalier hits like a truck. I really wish I had Hope Ender with me, for knock off and power split. Only reason it didn't sweep was because I run protect on stuff, and stalled out the trick room. I also got a burn on it the second time it came out, when it switched in.

Guy from the semi-finals had:
Whimsicott
Thundurus
Hydriegon
Latias
Jirachi
Conkeldurr

He ran wish on a bunch of pokemon, and tried to be disruptive with his prankster pokemon. Bulk-up Conkeldurr and Scarfed Hydreigon were his sweepers. He gave up after I got my sweeper behind a sub and he couldn't break it. He told me, given the calculations, I would have 1 or 2HKO'd all his guys.

I was very surprised by the lack of weather teams.

Last edited:

xbinox

doesn't seem like very good teams to me, the trick room team has promise, but I don't know why he didn't try a marowak it's on all my trick room teams and I don't understand the thundurus latias and jirachi, jirachi is good, I don't have experience with thundurus but I never liked latias

RifleAvenger

See you starside
doesn't seem like very good teams to me, the trick room team has promise, but I don't know why he didn't try a marowak it's on all my trick room teams and I don't understand the thundurus latias and jirachi, jirachi is good, I don't have experience with thundurus but I never liked latias

Nasty plot Thundurus is a win condition in rain, with 180 BP Thunder (after stab) and hidden power ice to make a bolt/beam combo. Mixed thundurus is a good scout.

Latias and Jirach were for wish support, and Jirachi was running T-wave + iron head for para-flinch hax.

Like I said, this wasn't a big time tourney. The only guy who's really good didn't come, and I'd have lost if he did. A lot of people in the free rounds were running in-game teams (lots of pre-teens prior to the final 8).

We're trying to figure it out. I can't remember EVERY b button gym that is open to claim.

The b button leaders are supposed to PM Puffle on which gym they have so he can udpate the OP :)

Last edited:

rallo92

Member of Omega
anyone have a lv.100 scrafty

rallo92

Member of Omega
will give a lv.100 lucario shiny for it

Tollen

Lord of Falling Ice!
I dunno about Weather specific Elite 4... That just sounds weird to me.

Especially since my Ice team IS a Hail team.

rallo92

Member of Omega
i think it isn't a bad i deah in fact ill inform puffle

RifleAvenger

See you starside
Anyone think that we should start considering letting new leaders apply for inactive gyms? By inactive gyms, I'm referring to those like Awesome Zekrom's, whose owner hasn't been online, last I checked, since the 14th of April.

I know that Puffle will get the OP fixed up when he has the time, but I don't see why we can't try and fill positions that have been, for all intents and purposes, vacant for weeks without some prior notice.

As to the E4 proposition, while it is a commonly seen idea, having E4 be weather types would work in a league with a gym for each type + a shiny gym. I'm in favor IF the E4 members are. Maybe make it an optional decision?

rallo92

Member of Omega
thanks for aggreing rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.