• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
The problem with the inactive leaders is that they become inactive without warning. I don't think Corbin, Isamu, or Ivysnake have been around/open in weeks. Now obviously I told you guys I would be away, but I have every intention of coming back. They just went "poof". I think that if a leader is inactive for a set amount of time and doesn't give us a heads up, those positions should be opened to others.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
The problem with the inactive leaders is that they become inactive without warning. I don't think Corbin, Isamu, or Ivysnake have been around/open in weeks. Now obviously I told you guys I would be away, but I have every intention of coming back. They just went "poof". I think that if a leader is inactive for a set amount of time and doesn't give us a heads up, those positions should be opened to others.

I completely Agree if someone like Corbin Isamu and Ivysnake, just disappears with out notice or anything the positions should be Opened

I completely Agree if someone like Corbin Isamu and Ivysnake, just disappears with out notice or anything the positions should be Opened

While it is a good point there's people who are around but just aren't able to battle very often. Having someone you know take over until you return would save people a lot of time. I did say if you need to take a break all you have to do is send me a message.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
While it is a good point there's people who are around but just aren't able to battle very often. Having someone you know take over until you return would save people a lot of time. I did say if you need to take a break all you have to do is send me a message.

Well did they send you a message? I think if they didn't their positions could be opened for applications and then when they come back or post in the thread they can battle the current leader for the Gym?

I just checked and Ivysnake's last post was on the seventeenth which means he hasn't passed the week rule yet. As for the other two (Isamu specifically) I haven't seen them in a long time so I can open those types to apply for

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes

I am also in agreement. I remember vaguely that Corbin works a lot, but I've no clue about the other two. That said, regardless of the reason there should be a limit as to how inactive ANY leader should be. If a leader(s) is/are gone for say over a months time without notice or update, then by all rights they should be suspended as a leader. After a certain amount of time passes on the suspended period if they have yet to make an effort to post/participate, then they should be removed entirely since they have proven their incapability of holding a leader position. Granted, I'm gonna say 2 weeks should be the limit before they are temporarily suspended, and by the whole months time they should be removed. I know I myself am not the most active member, heck we all have lives outside of this forum and league. Things happen. My point, if you can't deal with things or are unable to log on at least once a week then you should resign so that someone else who IS able to keep updated can take over said position.

I am also in agreement. I remember vaguely that Corbin works a lot, but I've no clue about the other two. That said, regardless of the reason there should be a limit as to how inactive ANY leader should be. If a leader(s) is/are gone for say over a months time without notice or update, then by all rights they should be suspended as a leader. After a certain amount of time passes on the suspended period if they have yet to make an effort to post/participate, then they should be removed entirely since they have proven their incapability of holding a leader position. Granted, I'm gonna say 2 weeks should be the limit before they are temporarily suspended, and by the whole months time they should be removed. I know I myself am not the most active member, heck we all have lives outside of this forum and league. Things happen. My point, if you can't deal with things or are unable to log on at least once a week then you should resign so that someone else who IS able to keep updated can take over said position.

Actually I might have got I message from Corbin I accidentally deleted, I know he was usually pretty good at following the rules so I'll give him a bit more time.

So that means the fire and fairy gym's are open to apply for. Artorius if you want to keep the psychic gym you need to be more active on the pokegyms thread

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Actually I might have got I message from Corbin I accidentally deleted, I know he was usually pretty good at following the rules so I'll give him a bit more time.

So that means the fire and fairy gym's are open to apply for. Artorius if you want to keep the psychic gym you need to be more active on the pokegyms thread

Just a nitpick from an earlier statement.. June 28th, a raffle was said to occur: It did not. Over a week later, a simple "active post" was posted by Ivysnake: Nothing else. No private message to you stating "Hi, I cannot log on for reason A, sorry for my inactivity" as far as anyone is aware of, no active battles, nothing. I myself messaged him before requesting a battle over a month ago, I have not heard from him since. Not only is he a leader for the league, but also oversee's the raffles. We haven't had a raffle in over a months time. Case and point, they are just as inactive as the other inactive leaders mentioned unless otherwise is proven. posting 'active post" after so much inactivity should NOT cut it to not be on watch.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Yeah and Im sorry i havenot havemopened the steel gym i have nearly completely rebuilt the whole team so very close just getting a couple pokemon ofna friend too.

Just a nitpick from an earlier statement.. June 28th, a raffle was said to occur: It did not. Over a week later, a simple "active post" was posted by Ivysnake: Nothing else. No private message to you stating "Hi, I cannot log on for reason A, sorry for my inactivity" as far as anyone is aware of, no active battles, nothing. I myself messaged him before requesting a battle over a month ago, I have not heard from him since. Not only is he a leader for the league, but also oversee's the raffles. We haven't had a raffle in over a months time. Case and point, they are just as inactive as the other inactive leaders mentioned unless otherwise is proven. posting 'active post" after so much inactivity should NOT cut it to not be on watch.

Since most people already have the bug badge it's to tell when the last battle was. I already went over the raffle with you so I'm not going to bring it up here. Well then, I'm going to let all of you decide which leaders should be replaced (with good reason). Specifically, everyone who has actually challenged multiple gym's and can give an account on them

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Since most people already have the bug badge it's to tell when the last battle was. I already went over the raffle with you so I'm not going to bring it up here. Well then, I'm going to let all of you decide which leaders should be replaced (with good reason). Specifically, everyone who has actually challenged multiple gym's and can give an account on them
I can understand your defensiveness when it comes to Ivysnake. I'm sure you've had a long withstanding friendship with him. Though far be that a reason for any special treatment.
Yes, many people have the bug badge. Though unless you're able to produce the exact timestamps to when they were obtained I can't understand how that would factor in. What does factor in though, are his posts. The last post July 17th. Before that: June 28th. Almost a month. Which you must not have read in my previous post. If the rule is a week, he has far exceeded that. As for the raffle, it is a PokeGyms matter which I'm sure the entire League looks forward to, and is for all purposes a League issue as well. It provides incentive to keep things going. The issue between us (you, Ivysnake and myself) when it comes to the raffle is my girlfriend offered to help Ivysnake with it. For some unbeknownst reason he took high offense, replied quite spitefully in an arrogant manner and has blatantly ignored my message for reconciliation (even though he was online and none of this was meant to offend at all). My girlfriend would have temporarily taken hold of the raffle but she felt Ivysnake's shallow response to her offer and your obvious protection/coddling of him has her thinking it will just end up in her hand being bitten away. I have to agree. Good friends or no you are a leader of this guild and should not allow any special treatments. It has to be admitted and addressed. Keep in mind, this response has no hostility in it. Only facts and observations.

Last edited:

jon199

I'm going to put my two cents in just because I can. I personally know that, as stated previously, people have lives. I think that it's a bit harsh to be judging off of a weeks time limit for a gym leader, however, I do think that someone should be notified, whether by PM or in the forum directly, if a certain gym leader will be gone for a long period of time. I'm not perfect with getting online, simply because my time zone is completely different than most of those on here, and because of my busy, outside life. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that if Ivysnake, or any other leaders, are being considered to be removed from their positions, there should be an effort to at least contact them. Whether or not that has been made already, I don't know. If they don't respond after a couple messages, then you can probably be sure that they won't be back soon, and consider giving their gym away. They did make an agreement to be here when they ran for gym leader, and if they can't keep that commitment, then let someone else take the stage who can.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
I'm going to put my two cents in just because I can. I personally know that, as stated previously, people have lives. I think that it's a bit harsh to be judging off of a weeks time limit for a gym leader, however, I do think that someone should be notified, whether by PM or in the forum directly, if a certain gym leader will be gone for a long period of time. I'm not perfect with getting online, simply because my time zone is completely different than most of those on here, and because of my busy, outside life. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that if Ivysnake, or any other leaders, are being considered to be removed from their positions, there should be an effort to at least contact them. Whether or not that has been made already, I don't know. If they don't respond after a couple messages, then you can probably be sure that they won't be back soon, and consider giving their gym away. They did make an agreement to be here when they ran for gym leader, and if they can't keep that commitment, then let someone else take the stage who can.

Yes People have lives but as you said they made an agreement to be the gym leader and if they can't be available well then they their position will be opened. Also most of them have been cintacted and sylpheon has been gone for ages. Im one of the newer people to this league but i just went throught the pages and I didn't even see Isamu or Corbin. Ivysnake, well he posted saying active post but that was after he had been gone for a month and has disappeared again. Also as Leafeon said Ivy has been contacted. And anything else to do with Ivy just look at Leafeons Post.

I can understand your defensiveness when it comes to Ivysnake. I'm sure you've had a long withstanding friendship with him. Though far be that a reason for any special treatment.
Yes, many people have the bug badge. Though unless you're able to produce the exact timestamps to when they were obtained I can't understand how that would factor in. What does factor in though, are his posts. The last post July 17th. Before that: June 28th. Almost a month. Which you must not have read in my previous post. If the rule is a week, he has far exceeded that. As for the raffle, it is a PokeGyms matter which I'm sure the entire League looks forward to, and is for all purposes a League issue as well. It provides incentive to keep things going. The issue between us (you, Ivysnake and myself) when it comes to the raffle is my girlfriend offered to help Ivysnake with it. For some unbeknownst reason he took high offense, replied quite spitefully in an arrogant manner and has blatantly ignored my message for reconciliation (even though he was online and none of this was meant to offend at all). My girlfriend would have temporarily taken hold of the raffle but she felt Ivysnake's shallow response to her offer and your obvious protection/coddling of him has her thinking it will just end up in her hand being bitten away. I have to agree. Good friends or no you are a leader of this guild and should not allow any special treatments. It has to be admitted and addressed. Keep in mind, this response has no hostility in it. Only facts and observations.

There's lots of things here that you never mentioned to me before, I don't know where you got the idea of me giving people special treatment around here but if anyone else feels the same they mine as well say it now while my attention is here

Vis_Mage

PokeGyms Creator
Although I can't really be one to speak, seeing as I myself have had a handful of pretty inconsistent absences, I'll put in my input as well.

Back in the days, I judged activity by a monthly basis. If the leader has not been online the league for over a month's time, and had made no attempt to notice me, or another league member about their prolonged absence, then their position was revoked. When they became leader, they agreed to keep some form of activity in the league, and if they are currently unable to do so, then a stand-in had to be found for the better of the league. Mind you, I did attempt to message said person via PM or other provided source once or twice to give them a fair warning, but this was typically around the 3 week period, which has passed for the leaders in question.

I do like the idea of having an apprentice for each gym leader. The apprentice could start taking challenges after 5 days of planned absence, or 7 days of unplanned absence of the leader. After a month of absence from the main leader, the apprentice could then take over full ownership of the gym, and a new apprentice could be found.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Although I can't really be one to speak, seeing as I myself have had a handful of pretty inconsistent absences, I'll put in my input as well.

Back in the days, I judged activity by a monthly basis. If the leader has not been online the league for over a month's time, and had made no attempt to notice me, or another league member about their prolonged absence, then their position was revoked. When they became leader, they agreed to keep some form of activity in the league, and if they are currently unable to do so, then a stand-in had to be found for the better of the league. Mind you, I did attempt to message said person via PM or other provided source once or twice to give them a fair warning, but this was typically around the 3 week period, which has passed for the leaders in question.

I do like the idea of having an apprentice for each gym leader. The apprentice could start taking challenges after 5 days of planned absence, or 7 days of unplanned absence of the leader. After a month of absence from the main leader, the apprentice could then take over full ownership of the gym, and a new apprentice could be found.

I think the apprentice system is a good idea but, I have something to propose. If the Leader comes back before the time is over the leader should battle the apprentice with their team so lets say it was Bug and the apprentice took over and the leader came back. I think the Leader and Apprentice should battle so the Leaders Bug Team vs the Apprentices Bug Team and whoever wins that gets to be the leader of the Gym?

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Another thing we should be able to discuss is banned members. Apparently I'm close to breaking the rules (orwellian serebii pls), so I'll keep it short: Not knowing the seriousness of the ban means that a leader might have to leave for a longer time than allowed, maybe even permanently, and that gym position will just be sitting there.

Vis_Mage

PokeGyms Creator
I think the apprentice system is a good idea but, I have something to propose. If the Leader comes back before the time is over the leader should battle the apprentice with their team so lets say it was Bug and the apprentice took over and the leader came back. I think the Leader and Apprentice should battle so the Leaders Bug Team vs the Apprentices Bug Team and whoever wins that gets to be the leader of the Gym?

Technically speaking, it's sort of set up like that already, seeing as challengers already have the ability to battle a leader for their rank as gym leader, but perhaps a fallen leader could have priority in terms of gym title matches go, although that may be getting a bit to specific for a basic clause.

Another thing we should be able to discuss is banned members. Apparently I'm close to breaking the rules (orwellian serebii pls), so I'll keep it short: Not knowing the seriousness of the ban means that a leader might have to leave for a longer time than allowed, maybe even permanently, and that gym position will just be sitting there.

I do agree that we should have a plan for such occurrences. The way I see it, we have 2 main options:

1. If the user is banned, then they are stripped of their gym title immediately.
2. The banned member keeps their title until the 4 week limit is hit, at which point their title is revoked.

Last edited:

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Technically speaking, it's sort of set up like that already, seeing as challengers already have the ability to battle a leader for their rank as gym leader, but perhaps a fallen leader could have priority in terms of gym title matches go, although that may be getting a bit to specific for a basic clause.

Yeah I know im just trying to think of something because wouldn't the apprentice be disappointed when the lesder comes back (if they do) and after the apprentice put hard work into their team and battling peopke and then the original leader will take over?

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
There's lots of things here that you never mentioned to me before, I don't know where you got the idea of me giving people special treatment around here but if anyone else feels the same they mine as well say it now while my attention is here

That is where you are mistaken. I have in fact mentioned these concerns with you via PM. The issue of inactivity and a lack of a raffle has been brought up on more than one occasion. In addition, the lack of inactivity of some members has been obvious. It has been mentioned earlier in the thread, albeit not very much so. The only differences between then and now are these things are being brought to the attention of the guild as a whole instead of privately, since clearly this has not made much of a difference; In addition, the reasoning as to why Falsetto no longer wishes to assist in running the raffle within the League. As for the general inactivity of Leaders I must say before I became a Leader myself, I had some difficulty contacting some of the Leaders for challenges.

I mention special treatment as a moot point. This is NOT to attack Ivy or ANY other Leader or person here in particular. This is being spoken of to bring a point across, which is: Everyone who chooses to be a leader has a responsibility, and if they cannot handle this responsibility they should have the sense and courtesy to own up and step down for someone else to take over said position(s). If you weren't picking favorites, why is Ivy getting off easy while the Fire and Fairy gyms are now open to anyone willing? A simple "Active post" out of the blue does NOT equate to being active on the thread and making an effort in consistency. There was no raffle for over a month's time, and he already broke the one week rule (as implemented in the rules section unless this was recently changed). Even if the rule were extended, aside from the day I offered help for the raffle and the random active post, I see no real effort put into being an active Leader here. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only stating facts that are placed before us.

Edit: I just read back on responses and discussion. I agree with the points Dircio and Vis_Mage brought up. Personally, I do think option 2 would be best, as we don't know what reason someone is banned. It could be for something very mild, it could be for a really big reason. By this system, if they are in fact inactive for a long period of time due to a ban, then they should be rightfully stripped of their title.

Overall, these rules NEED to be set in order to keep organization and balance within the League, to ensure everyone participating has fun That's what this is about in the end, all of us enjoying battles and friendly competition. Nothing more, nothing less.

One last thing to add, I agree with MegaBeast with the fairness of Leader and Apprentice gym sharing. I think as a way to balance it out, if a leader has a lot of challengers, or has a few in waiting, then the Apprentice could battle in their stead. They should also discuss with one another how their gym as a whole functions, as well as suggestions to each other for how to defend their badge. What does everyone else think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.