1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

PokeGyms

Discussion in 'Pokémon Leagues' started by dragontamer44722, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilZ

EvilZ New Member

Gratz on the new gym leaders, and i agreed co-leader or 2 can help

2. epicninjask123

epicninjask123 LoL Lunatic

I saw that Pokegyms was back, and I think I want that bug gym again! (I was leader last time, just so you all know)

Still wifi? It works for me but I'm not sure if it'll work for everyone. Maybe extend it into PO? I don't care really, I have a bug team on my game system anyway...

I'll have to get my FC later if I'm accepted, I don't have my ds on me.

3. memond

memond The Dragon Slayer

I know in the Guild section of the forum, a lot of people have taken to a battle simulator known as Pokemon Showdown.

4. can i challenge the normal type gym leader? :p

5. Shadow Caster

Shadow Caster Plasma Executive

If no one has already taken it, can I have the Dragon Type Gym?

My team will be: Flygon, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Garchomp, Charizard, Lucario, in Singles

My FC is in my signature. I will hand out the Outrage badge.

6. Shadow Darkrai 101

Shadow Darkrai 101 Unidentified Trainer

you now maybe should add some art on here. like badges, title banner, etc.

7. Wailord_2

Wailord_2 This is a User Title

Just saying i am available for battle. I have been having some issues logging in to my account but i should be okay now. if anyone wants to challenge me feel free to vm/pm me.

8. Vis_Mage

Vis_Mage PokeGyms Creator

Hi everyone! Here to address a few things, and answer some questions.

First off, gym leaders CAN challenge other gyms, and the challenger can use their challenging team, which is not the same thing as a gym team, by the way.

Secondly, be sure to PM a leader if you want to battle. I will be sure to get in touch with you Untouchable.

Epicninjask123, I would be happy to have you as a leader, just be sure to send in your gym's info to me via PM, and i'll get you all set up!

Also, thanks for letting us use you XAT!

Just to clarify, if any gym leader has a badge that they made, or had someone elese made that they want to give out as their gym badge, just PM it to me, and i'll add it to the OP!

9. Azulart

Azulart Shiny Hunter

What about the co-leader stuff?
    No offence, but you are hardly online.
    I really think this "league" needs someone besides the leader who is also able to organise stuff around here. so an co-leader would be perfect for it.

Would be sad to see this league going inactive, I have been waiting to long for an WIFI only league since most of them are PO or Showdown (screw that)
    Maybe you could order some art and Art shops here on serb? Badge cases would be nice, or banners.

PS: despite what others say, please just stay with WIFI. Pretty please

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  10. Vis_Mage

Vis_Mage PokeGyms Creator

Although I don't want to admit it, I suppose my activity is spotty at best. -_-;

I do plan on adding a co-leader or 2, I just haven't decided who to ask yet (I could of sworn that I added that last post, I guess I forgot...).

And, although I am open to debate, I would like to keep the league Wifi only, seeing as there are several Pokemon Sowdown/Online leagues out there, but not too much for the average Wifi player.

Also, I do have a badge in the works at the time. It's not a whole league of badges yet, but it's a good start.

11. EvilZ

EvilZ New Member

Well im always ready for battle :)...even tho most trainers i battle going missing after or run scared before i can even attack. i never understood why they run or why the go missing but my pokemon seem happy after the battle so i cant b mad :)

ps: some art work on here would help. would like to see this league more active
    ps2: Keep WiFi

12. HHG

HHG New Member

stay with wifi

13. Shadow Darkrai 101

My psychic gym will be closed for a few days since I'll be out on a camping trip.

14. HHG

HHG New Member

Can I also be the poison gym leader?

15. HHG

HHG New Member

double post sorry

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  16. PKMNinja

PKMNinja Black Ninja

Keep wifi please. Also people my gym is waiting. Ready to burn you alive. Challenge me if you dare.

17. HHG

HHG New Member

Can we add rule where the gym challenger can only have 2 pkmn that resist the gym's type attacks and 2 pkmn that have super-effective moves against the gym's type.

I want challenge one of the gym leaders here, but i'm having problems with creating a fair team.

18. Shadow Darkrai 101

instead lets make this rule. this rule was originally by the legacy league season one and two owned by T.W.I and not the one own by ger. this rule is called no se stab and i like this because it gives fairness to leaders that have monotypes. No SE STAB against the leaders main type. an example would be an alakazam using hidden power (ground) on electric types on an electric type gym or ice beam on a dragon type gym.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  19. HHG

HHG New Member

I like it and do you have any view on pokemon that resist my electric attacks. I dont want to fight a team of ground types

20. Azulart

Azulart Shiny Hunter

I dont think that Rule will be helpfull, the goal of the league isn't to be full of rules and make gymleaders invinceable by it.
    I do admit that making an pure counter team for an certain gym is not allowed.

Besides even if your are for example an poison gym, there are many duel type poison pokemon that will cover Poison type weaknesses,
    such as Drapion who takes no effective from psychic attacks, or crobat who doesnt take ground hits, just be an little creative and you will cover up your weakness even if you have an mono-team. My point is, dont give to much rules to the way of battle for the challanger, in my case I just battle with the pokemons I like and maybe they work great against water idk, but I wont change my team by it, it will ruin the fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.