• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Active post. Breeding tons still, and prepping for tomorrow's competition. GL to everyone participating. Will open gym the days following.

Skullbash

Pirate King
Active post. I'm breeding for some new pokemon so the water gym is closed for a few days.

Any of the gym leaders or E4 not doing the tournament available for a battle?

Are you asking for a random battle or are you challenging?

Fire Gym is open could anybody help me with breeding im not very good at it
I could help you out. What do you need?

Also,

Challenge: Elite 4 Master Gohan vs Challenger LynxForte
Result: 6-0 Win
GG! A good match with the challenger using some very unusual pokemon. The score doesn't truly reflect how the game went. Two of my guys were in the red and deep yellow. That Castle Wall.... Awesome. And you're Emperor threw me off since I wasn't expecting that move (which is why you chose him I assume). All in all it was a good match. You got to be the first to go against my newly redesigned dragon team. Sorry you were the guinea pig. Great game though. I love seeing some of those pokemon in competitive play.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I could help you out. What do you need?

Also,

Challenge: Elite 4 Master Gohan vs Challenger LynxForte
Result: 6-0 Win
GG! A good match with the challenger using some very unusual pokemon. The score doesn't truly reflect how the game went. Two of my guys were in the red and deep yellow. That Castle Wall.... Awesome. And you're Emperor threw me off since I wasn't expecting that move (which is why you chose him I assume). All in all it was a good match. You got to be the first to go against my newly redesigned dragon team. Sorry you were the guinea pig. Great game though. I love seeing some of those pokemon in competitive play.

Confirming. I was actually just trying out some pokemon that I've never used before except the obvious ones that everyone has used. When I was trying to plan out the team, Emperor's typing just fit and the attacks made sense so I went with it. Still some others that I want to use to try and make a good balanced team.

Confirming. I was actually just trying out some pokemon that I've never used before except the obvious ones that everyone has used. When I was trying to plan out the team, Emperor's typing just fit and the attacks made sense so I went with it. Still some others that I want to use to try and make a good balanced team.

Well keep trying them out. I enjoy seeing some lesser used pokes make the jump to competitive battling.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Got a new computer and I finally set it up! No more PC wifi DC and lagging!
Besides the one match I promised, I won't be taking E4 challenges for at least a week, as I need to really focus on building a new team with the new ORAS Mega Pokemon in mind (Mega Beedrill is a killer), as well as move my work stuff over .

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Ok everyone, with the tournament and holidays over I'll be around for battles more. Beginning Jan 1st I'll be taking ORAS battles, but for now I"m filling my dex up so I can go shiny hunting.

-SalaMenace-

Elite Trainer
Can I be the poison gym leader? I bred a whole poison team for another league but it ended up dying and I really wanna put these pokes to use.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Can I be the poison gym leader? I bred a whole poison team for another league but it ended up dying and I really wanna put these pokes to use.

Speak to Helio Breaker since he is the League head, and if he thinks you are capable then he'll probably say yes.

Fighting gym closed, logging off for a while,

So Cryuel has made a survey for both leagues so we can see what kind of tourney you guys want! There are a few preset options but feel free to do the survey so we can get an idea of what it is you all are looking for. You can find the link here--->https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FLLDBK2

Last edited:
Psychic OPEN for abit.. PM ME CLOSED

Last edited:

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Speak to Helio Breaker since he is the League head, and if he thinks you are capable then he'll probably say yes.

So Cryuel has made a survey for both leagues so we can see what kind of tourney you guys want! There are a few preset options but feel free to do the survey so we can get an idea of what it is you all are looking for. You can find the link here--->https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FLLDBK2

I have two tournament ideas actually.

Rock-Paper-Scizor (not the user lol): A rotation battle where all pokes have no shared types, all different hold items, and no shared moves.

Battle of the sexes: Pokes with fe/male only or high fe/male to low male/female ratios allowed. (e.g. Mandibuzz, Tornadus, etc..)

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I have two tournament ideas actually.

Rock-Paper-Scizor (not the user lol): A rotation battle where all pokes have no shared types, all different hold items, and no shared moves.

Battle of the sexes: Pokes with fe/male only or high fe/male to low male/female ratios allowed. (e.g. Mandibuzz, Tornadus, etc..)

interesting options....I'll keep those in mind. I'm sure theres enough pokemon to be able to do the battle of the sexes one to so that is a viable option.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES

Took the survey :D
I actually had some ideas too:

0 Bonus Tournament: No Pokemon is allowed to have a move that it gains STAB off of in its moveset, though it may have a move of its type if it does not deal damage (Ex. Dustox with Bug Buzz is not allowed, Dustox with Toxic is allowed). The abilities Protean and Normalize are banned, though Color Change and Adaptbility are not. The move Camaflogue is banned, though the moves Soak, Trick-or-Treat and Forest Curse are not. Ubers are banned

Red vs. Blue Tournament: an equal number of 2-4 Teams are formed for each color, where each team may only use Pokemon that are at lest 50% of the respective color, or considered that color via ANY Pokedex entry. Teams face off against opposing colored teams, and the color with the most Wins is the winner. Prize: Starf Berry, Lansat Berry and Enigma Berry given to each Player of the winning Color, while the players of the top team of the losing color each get either a Lichie or Ganlon Berry. All other players get a consolation prize of a Rabuta Berry. Prize Supplier: Me. Could do other ones too (suggestions definitely open for prizes here). UU and under only.

Hidden Power Tournament: Only two attacking moves are allowed on each Pokemon, where one must be Hidden Power, and the other can be any other type of attacking move. The other two slots can only be filled by non-damaging moves (this means any move that would cause damage right after being selected is not allowed in the last 2 slots, though any move that inflicts indirect damage as a result of status or switching is allowed. Examples of legal indirect damage moves are Future Sight, Doom Desire, Toxic and Sandstorm.) UU and Under Only.

3-Slot Syndrom Tournament: Only 3 Slots are allowed to be used on a Pokemon's moveset. The 4th moveslot must be blank. Ubers are not allowed.

High Risk, High Reward Tournament: Only attacking moves with a BP of 100 or more are allowed (STAB, Adaptability, or any other effect that would boost the BP of a move does not qualify a move for battle). A example of this would be Crawdaunt and Knock Off. Knock off is boosted past 100 BP because of it's STAB Bonus and Boost when it knocks down an item, but because the starting BP is 65, it is not allowed. Status moves are allowed. Moves based on Weight and Speed are allowed, because their BP is easily manipulated to levels almost useless for competitive purposes. UU and under only.

Poor Choices Tournament: Only Pokemon with the Abilities Truant, Slow Start, Normalize, Wonder Guard, Heavy Metal, Light Metal, Flower Veil, Illuminate, Honey Gather, Gluttony, Forewarn, Forecast, FlowerGift, Damp, Color Change, Sticky Hold, Anticipation, Klutz, Minus, Plus, Rivalry, Run Away, Simple, Stall, Symbiosis, Healer, Defeatist, Early Bird, Quick Feet, Tangled Feet and Keen Eye are allowed, and only if they are actually using one of those abilities.
Players must use at least one Pokemon with either the ability Truant or Slow Start on their team. Pokemon are NOT allowed to Mega Evolve. The moves, Skill Swap, Role Play, Simple Beam, Entrainment and Gastro Acid are allowed, and qualify a Pokemon for battle as long as the move is in the Pokemon's actual learned moveset AND their ability is not Regenerator, Pixelate, Magic Bounce, Trace, Magic Guard, Sturdy, Drizzle Drought, Sand Stream, No Guard, and Contrary. The Pokemon Mew, Hawlucha, Clawitzer, Latias/Latios, Tornadus, Thunderous, Landorus, Azelf, Victini, Scizor, Greninja, Alakazam, Jirachi, Manaphy, Meloetta and Deoxys are banned as well as all Uber Pokemon regardless of the move clause stated above. (Tell me if changes should be made).

All-or-Nothing Tournament: Only Pokemon with the moves Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Self-Destruct, Explosion, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Grudge, Foresight or Memento, and/or the abilities Damp are allowed. Each Pokemon must know at least one of those moves on its actual moveset or have the ability Damp to be eligible for battle. The Ability Sturdy is banned, and the items, Focus Sash and Focus Band are banned. The moves Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Sticky Web are banned. Ubers are banned.

Mono Attack Tournament: All non Uber Pokemon are eligible. A Pokemon may use any attacking move. However, a Pokemon may only use ONE type on its moveset. Moves that do not deal direct damage and Status moves are exempt, with the exception of Perish Song. An example of a Legal set would be this: Gardevoir; Rest, Toxic, Hyper Voice, Return. An example of a Illegal set would be this: Gardevoir; Rest, Toxic, Hyper Voice, Psychic.

Pure Stall Tournament: All attack moves are banned with the exceptions being: Endeavor, Pain Split, Hidden Power, Return, Frustration, Rapid Spin Rock Smash, Snarl, Clear Smog and trapping moves such as Infestation and Whirlpool. However, Endeavor is not allowed on Pokemon with the ability Sturdy, Pokemon holding a Focus Sash or Focus Band, or on any Level 1 through Level 49 Pokemon. Uber Pokemon are allowed, as long as they do not have a attacking move of any kind on their moveset. The move Taunt is banned, but the move Disable and the ability Cursed Body are allowed. All hazard types are allowed. The abilities Magic Guard, Magic Bounce and Overcoat are banned, but the move Magic Coat is allowed. The item Safety Goggles is allowed, but not on a Pokemon with the Regenerator or Natural Cure ability. Wobbufett and Wynaut are allowed, though Wobbufett and Wynaut may not hold Leftovers. Shadow Tag is banned except on Wynaut. The moves Mirror Coat and Counter are banned. The move Metal Burst is banned. Moves that boost a Atk or Sp.A stat are banned. Double Team and Minimize are allowed, but not in conjunction with a healing move (which includes Pain Split), or Baton Pass (they are allowed with healing items, such as Leftovers. Rest is banned, but Recover, Softboiled, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Synthesis, Wish and Healing Wish are allowed. Mega Evolution is not allowed on any Pokemon knowing Return, Frustration or Hidden Power, However, a Pokemon may get STAB on any moves allowed that deal damage.

Any of these float your Gogoat? Also open to changing parts of each one to make them more fun.

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I put in for a Little Cup tournament. A nice change of pace although I'm not sure if you can do LC on wifi since I've never done it. Got a new work schedule as well. I get off at midnight (EST/GMT -5). Can only entertain the E4 members on weekends, but it gives me time to try and figure out my team.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I put in for a Little Cup tournament. A nice change of pace although I'm not sure if you can do LC on wifi since I've never done it. Got a new work schedule as well. I get off at midnight (EST/GMT -5). Can only entertain the E4 members on weekends, but it gives me time to try and figure out my team.

LC Tournaments can be done now because of Super Training, so it can work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.