• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Kyurem*

My gym will be open to any challenger that sends me a message VM or PM! Just so everyone knows!

Also, I'm guessing my own badge does not count towards my 8 badges, correct?

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
My gym will be open to any challenger that sends me a message VM or PM! Just so everyone knows!

Also, I'm guessing my own badge does not count towards my 8 badges, correct?

That's a good question xD Obviously you don't have to fight your own gym but I'm not sure if it should count towards battling the e4.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Bye Helio! :( We had some great conversations in the past aha.
DT, you will do fine! :)

Regarding own gym badge thing. I think maybe once a leader has beaten 10 challengers they are allowed to keep the badge for their gym if they don't already have it. Thoughts people?

lucarioman5

Pokegym groundleader
Bye Helio, too bad you're leaving right as I come back,but hopefully you will be back, maybe just as a challenger, it really lifts responsibility off.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Bye Helio! :( We had some great conversations in the past aha.
DT, you will do fine! :)

Regarding own gym badge thing. I think maybe once a leader has beaten 10 challengers they are allowed to keep the badge for their gym if they don't already have it. Thoughts people?

Problem is I don't think any of us have fought off 10 challengers in recent memory, at least I know I haven't. Perhaps if the person has defeated at least 5 gyms they can keep their own badge?

phantomclaw

Sorry that Helio will have to go, never was able to battle him
DT you will do great

Also Im getting a new cable connection so untill then fire gym is closed

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
I like the sound of having prerequisites for ones own badge. How about a combination of ideas: defeat at least 3 other gyms + defend your own gym 3 battles in a row. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure where else to post this so I'll ask here: Not now, but in the near future would anyone be willing to test out my main team (once I finish leveling mons and such)?

Mr.Y

O)_(O
DT, I think that defending your gym successfully would be better than having defeated other gyms. It kinda shows that you understand the pros and cons of that type.

I like the sound of having prerequisites for ones own badge. How about a combination of ideas: defeat at least 3 other gyms + defend your own gym 3 battles in a row. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure where else to post this so I'll ask here: Not now, but in the near future would anyone be willing to test out my main team (once I finish leveling mons and such)?

I can help you with that mate.

Cutty

Forever now
As far as memories go I have defended my Fairy gym w/out losing at least 5 times if not more. And collected 5 badges from other leaders.
So I think I deserve to keep my own badge :p

*Kyurem*

As far as memories go I have defended my Fairy gym w/out losing at least 5 times if not more. And collected 5 badges from other leaders.
So I think I deserve to keep my own badge :p

Yea, I think defending it at least 3 times in a row should be what qualifies you for your own badge, regardless of any other badges you may have!

Now I just have to wait until I get enough challengers xD

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Just thought it was important to say this, I'm not able to run the league like I used to and I feel like I'm letting everyone down. Since I can't really get online much anymore I asked dragontamer to run things from now on, she already does most of the things that I'm supposed to anyway and I trust her to do a great job. Every once in a while I'll be on to see how things are going but this is my farewell to all of you, I couldn't have asked for better people to have here and I hope you all take care of yourselves. Thanks to all of you... I can't put into words how much I enjoyed being here and I'm looking forward to being able to see you all again some day.

It was a pleasure having you here Helio, and I hope to see you around the forums again!

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I think either 3 battles in a row or 5 battles over the course of being that leader would work.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Alrighty then, since defending your gym is the popular opinion thats how it will be. 3 seems to be the most popular choice as well so is defending your gym 3 times good for everyone? I know most of us have defended the gyms we have that many times so unless we start from scratch the new rule would only apply to the new leaders. I'm fine with either option, whatever you guys want to do.

lucarioman5

Pokegym groundleader
I think 3 would be fine, so I see that my six badges are still in the spreadsheet, so I get to keep them?

*Kyurem*

Alrighty then, since defending your gym is the popular opinion thats how it will be. 3 seems to be the most popular choice as well so is defending your gym 3 times good for everyone? I know most of us have defended the gyms we have that many times so unless we start from scratch the new rule would only apply to the new leaders. I'm fine with either option, whatever you guys want to do.

I vote that everyone should start from scratch. It will be a little bit more fair to myself and the other new gym leader that way.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Flying Gym closed, gotta go to class

Also I think we have enough leaders for every leader to obtain 8 other badges...

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I think 3 would be fine, so I see that my six badges are still in the spreadsheet, so I get to keep them?

Yup, if they are there then they are still counted.

I vote that everyone should start from scratch. It will be a little bit more fair to myself and the other new gym leader that way.

Its not entirely unfair, but I'd like to see what the others have to say. We haven't had many challengers in recent weeks so battles have been few and far between. I imagine the new leaders will get some battles fairly soon since you are new and many of us (myself included) don't have your badges. I'm open to either option.

And this was something I just thought of but have most of us done the ORAS transition? I know some of you have posted that you have but I wasn't sure if everyone did.

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Its not entirely unfair, but I'd like to see what the others have to say. We haven't had many challengers in recent weeks so battles have been few and far between. I imagine the new leaders will get some battles fairly soon since you are new and many of us (myself included) don't have your badges. I'm open to either option.

And this was something I just thought of but have most of us done the ORAS transition? I know some of you have posted that you have but I wasn't sure if everyone did.

1) I don't see it being unfair at all. If you've already done it, there is no real need to do it all over again, especially if you are a Veteran here.
2) My ORAS transferring is done, just in case that was needed
3) Battle of Hoenn. Mega Salamence everywhere.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
1) I don't see it being unfair at all. If you've already done it, there is no real need to do it all over again, especially if you are a Veteran here.
2) My ORAS transferring is done, just in case that was needed
3) Battle of Hoenn. Mega Salamence everywhere.

Hence why I didn't participate. xD No sense getting murdered by something I can't use myself xD

Fighting gym closed while I do some breeding.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Hence why I didn't participate. xD No sense getting murdered by something I can't use myself xD

Interestingly enough, Illumise beats the crap out of all the sets if M-Mence decides to DD or Substitute on it.
And the real threat from what I've seen has been M-Metagross and Rhyperior.
Slaking is also under-appreciated, as it generally eats anything it can hit super effectively in one hit (and a lot of Pokemon neutrally as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.