• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Random question, but what do we receive if we win against a Frontier Brain ?
You win the facility symbol.

Once gunk shot became accessible to him, everyone knew it would be a common move.

Smogon is going to get really crazy with these suspects. Talked to a few people and was told M-Gallade was on the potential list. If it had access to sucker punch or any priority, I would agree but it doesn't. If it gets suspect tested, I just wouldn't know what to say about smogon

I highly doubt they'll ban M-Gallade, specially when they don't consider it S rank. You can check teh viability ranking here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-viability-ranking-thread-v2-check-post-1077.3526596/
I wouldn't mind if they ban Mega Sableye next. Just sayin'.

*Kyurem*

You win the facility symbol.

But what do the symbols go towards? Do they not go towards anything unlike the Gym Badges? xD

*Kyurem*

They're just a symbol that shows that you defeated a frontier brain. They have the same value as a badge.

It's just that, well, the badges go towards an Elite Four challenge and the Frontier Symbols don't seem to be usable for anything else.
Also, have many people challenged the Frontier Brains? I don't hear much talk of them.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
It's just that, well, the badges go towards an Elite Four challenge and the Frontier Symbols don't seem to be usable for anything else.
Also, have many people challenged the Frontier Brains? I don't hear much talk of them.
Hm, I actually can't answer that. But yeah, we should do something about the brains to up the activity. We actually need more people first though.

*Kyurem*

Hm, I actually can't answer that. But yeah, we should do something about the brains to up the activity. We actually need more people first though.

Maybe they can be incorporated into the Elite Four challenge somehow to increase the amount of challengers to them.
Hmm, maybe for each symbol, it would let you change out a Pokemon throughout your challenge. So, if you had 7 symbols, throughout the E4 challenge, you are allowed to change out 7 different Pokemon.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Maybe they can be incorporated into the Elite Four challenge somehow to increase the amount of challengers to them.
Hmm, maybe for each symbol, it would let you change out a Pokemon throughout your challenge. So, if you had 7 symbols, throughout the E4 challenge, you are allowed to change out 7 different Pokemon.

Would kind of defeat the challenge of the Elite 4. Probably better to have like a frontier champion.

*Kyurem*

Would kind of defeat the challenge of the Elite 4. Probably better to have like a frontier champion.

Well, making a team to get each symbol is an incredibly tough challenge already. Besides, if one were to get say only 1 symbol, that would mean they can switch out one Pokemon in their entire Elite Four challenge and be stuck with it throughout. It would still be a very tough challenge. The challenger would have to decide to save the Pokemon swaps for an upcoming Elite Four member, or use them on one that is incredibly tough.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I wouldn't mind if they ban Mega Sableye next. Just sayin'.

I just honestly hope this doesn't turn into a "Ban all teh Megas" thing. Not as scarred of M-Sableye as I am of M-Meta, and I don't think it's as challenging to take on when you have a decent way of getting at it, but it is a big threat. Mega Meta causes problems for a lot of the things that check it, so I'm okay with it going, even though it will hurt the Psychic E4 if it does.

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
Well, on a side note, I'm almost done preparing, I'll open up shop in a day or two :D ((Do I still miss the bug type? No.... ;-; ))

Anyway, I'll be testing the team and other things. Until then ^^

*Kyurem*

Not sure if we report Frontier wins/losses, but,

Challenger *Kyurem* vs. Frontier Brain Wego
0-3 Loss.

Lost due to the fact I could not use an ORAS Mega I built my team around due to Wego only owning XY.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
I just honestly hope this doesn't turn into a "Ban all teh Megas" thing. Not as scarred of M-Sableye as I am of M-Meta, and I don't think it's as challenging to take on when you have a decent way of getting at it, but it is a big threat. Mega Meta causes problems for a lot of the things that check it, so I'm okay with it going, even though it will hurt the Psychic E4 if it does.

It's becoming more of a "ban all steel types" thing. Genesect, Aegislash, Mawile... I honestly hope this doesn't go on, otherwise we might as well just play BW2 OU...

Kinda problematic atm since i was planning to challenge the e4 with a dumb megagross team and now I can't...

By the way, before this gets out of control, there are proper threads to keep this discussion going and i really would like to see people's insight.

Edit: Just submitted a thread specifically for the discussion of Metagross, so look out for that.

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
1) It's becoming more of a "ban all steel types" thing. Genesect, Aegislash, Mawile... I honestly hope this doesn't go on, otherwise we might as well just play BW2 OU...

2) Kinda problematic atm since i was planning to challenge the e4 with a dumb megagross team and now I can't...

3) By the way, before this gets out of control, there are proper threads to keep this discussion going and i really would like to see people's insight.

Edited your quote with numbers.

1) True, which is interesting seeing how Steel got a nerf defensively.
2) I guess that actually helps us a bit. :p
3) I did put some input in on the OU discussion thread, but I agree with you that we should discuss it there, as this isn't really the place for it.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Yeah the mods will get mad at us xD On a different note as far as I know the tier changes I mentioned before still haven't taken effect, but I'll let you all know when they do.

Also, in regards to the frontier, I did notice the lack of activity in that regard but at this point haven't thought much of it. I'm borderline wondering if we should even have them as even when the heads were active not many of us challenged them, and the special battles rule I hope to implement could sort of be a spiritual successor? If we implement the point system then there is the chance of getting something out of the league beyond the badges, and it could potentially attract more people. It is something I intend to work on but as I am starting a new job tomorrow that takes precedence. It won't be a full time job so I'll still be around, just not as much as I was in the morning (EST).

Also WHY, WHY would you ban the mega I was gonna use in my new team, WHHHHYYYYYYYYYY??????? Ok I'm done xD

Last edited:
Wow! It seems like a lot has happened in a few days. I, personally, like the frontier brains. the only one I've beaten is the NU frontier because I'm never on when the other brains are. So I kind of hope they stay but that's just me. I'm not sure that the special battles would be a true successor since they could be anything. I'll think on it and see if I can come up with any good ideas.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Will be busy getting reqs to save megagross, but I'll open upon request MWF.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Ok, we have a new gym leader among us! Thank you to Sapower for being our temporary leader, but we now have a full time leader!

Also we have a new Grass leader!

Both have passed their gym leader tests and are free to open.

Last edited:

ZombieDeviant

Berry Master
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this league! As of right now I'm accepting any and all challenges

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Sorry, i promised people i would open today, but i was hanging out with some friends and now i gotta finish something...

so sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.