• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morokei

Pokegym Steel E4
How about instead of 3 pokemon with the same type on an elite four team they are made to have 4 like the gym leaders. Limits one of their pokemon to a certain type and makes it easier for the challenger.

WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD THE PHONE. WE CAN USE ONLY 3 OF OUR TYPE? God that will take a huge load of pressure off of my team building process.

Nope I just built my teams following the same rules as the Leaders

Wow! I am impressed then that you defended as well as you did. I feel like the elite 4 just got even more difficult.

jamesf0164

Pokegyms steel gym
Wow! I am impressed then that you defended as well as you did. I feel like the elite 4 just got even more difficult.

Great we try to make things easier and all of a sudden they get harder

I think that would take away a lot of the challenge from the E4, it's possible to make a actually good OU team using 3 water/dragon/steel types (psychic kinda takes a beating on it, but still possible) but by making it 4 a lot of synergy would be lost and make so you couldn't handle most threats well enough (which you barely can normaly with this metagame being overcrowded).

Tiers aren't based about how strong some'mons are, that's true, you can prove that by seing stuff like Amoonguss in RU, but that's not the case for most 'mons, as the most used 'mons are the most used ones for a reason. Look at RU and NU or even UU and you'll see that most of the 'mons there are outclassed pretty hard or just plain bad in OU, making stuff like Amoonguss the exception. Making leaders use only three 'mons is actually very good for types like grass and ice, which have a ton of weaknesses.

well that's why i felt as if the gym leaders should use 3 rather then 4, if i had chosen grass theres like maybe 4-5 good ones i can always see good in OU, breloom, mega scept venasaur celebi n ferro not much else that's just an example of 1 type, tiers are based off usage but when it comes to OU they are there for good reason

Morokei

Pokegym Steel E4
Great we try to make things easier and all of a sudden they get harder

time to get testing on new ideas then. Now I can finally address the speed issue that's been bothering my X/Y team > ; )
Like I've been dying to slap on a healing wish latias forever. But it just wasn't worth the wild card slot offensively

Last edited:

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Leader xDIRCIOx vs Challenger Lynx
Result : 3-0 Challenger Loss

The last turn reminded me of that episode with Gallade fighting Dark Hawlucha, except this time Hawlucha took down Dark Gallade ;)

Leader xDIRCIOx VS Challenger Charizard_Rulez84
Result: 3-0 win

My ccheck
to his best mon was taken down, not much could've been done...

I personally think we should allow a single switch after every e4 victory. That way i can counter Mr Y and then move on without carrying a garbage mon the whole way :)

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Challenger LynxForte vs Leader Dircio
Loss 3-0
GG. Was waiting for his mega otherwise I would've switched sooner. No idea what episode he's talking about

Leader: xDIRCIOx (flying gym) vs. Charizard_Rulez84
Result: 3-0 my win
My Rating: 9/10
Opponent's Rating: 8/10
Comments: was a good game, I wasn't thinking about his mons ability there for a few but then I caught on n was able to get around it, GG DIRCIO

I need 2 more badges to challenge e4 :D

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
So wow a lot happens when you go to bed xD I dont want to make any more changes to the e4 beyond the continue unless the e4 themselves want something changed. In regards to leaders, Helio once told me that the leaders were required to have a full team of 6 of thier type and it was later changed to 4, and I think that it should stay that way, 3 is just too few.

jamesf0164

Pokegyms steel gym
10) Gym teams must include at least 4 Pokemon of the Gym's Type. It's preferred that all 6 are of that type, but that is by no means enforced.

This rule has been around longer then helio

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
10) Gym teams must include at least 4 Pokemon of the Gym's Type. It's preferred that all 6 are of that type, but that is by no means enforced.

This rule has been around longer then helio

Yeah I knew that was there but I remember him saying that at one time the teams HAD to be 6 of that type, but I could be mistaken. You were around in the beginning so I guess you would know xD

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Indeed, Gym Leaders should stick to 4 Pokemon of their type. Rock, Ice, Bug and Fire have it rough, but it's still doable. Being the Bug Leader for a time, I had a good enough team where the main worry of Stealth Rock, Heatran, and the Mega-Zards could be easily mitigated with my wildcards. Brave Bird and the rare Mega Pinsir weren't bad either. It's definitely do-able with Ice and Fire, and to the hardest degree, Rock.

E4 should keep the 3 Pokemon of the type. Like Mr. Y said, having 4 in a team can take away a lot of psynergy, and for Psychic, it's hard to manage a team with only 3 Wildcards. One of them is almost a give, so I really only have 2 to work with. Other types have it a bit easier, besides the ones I'll mention below, but for types weak to 2 forms of priority on average and a lack of priority users outside Ubers (and even in Ubers), it would make teams a lot easier to get through.

In terms of the being able to switch out a Pokemon after each E4, this I disapprove of, as it makes the E4 a bit too easy.
I'm okay with a Continue, but that's it. I don't like the ability of being able to switch halfway through, as one could easily make a team based around 2 E4 members, beat them, then go grab there other team based around the other two members. It makes things even easier than switching out a Pokemon. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
So wow a lot happens when you go to bed xD I dont want to make any more changes to the e4 beyond the continue unless the e4 themselves want something changed. In regards to leaders, Helio once told me that the leaders were required to have a full team of 6 of thier type and it was later changed to 4, and I think that it should stay that way, 3 is just too few.
i disagree fully but not my league i guess, alot of types simply don't have enough strong pokemon to deal with most OU standard teams, i'm stuck using same 4 electric pokes as mentioned i'm surely not the only one, but is my opinion only :/

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Indeed, Gym Leaders should stick to 4 Pokemon of their type. Rock, Ice, Bug and Fire have it rough, but it's still doable. Being the Bug Leader for a time, I had a good enough team where the main worry of Stealth Rock, Heatran, and the Mega-Zards could be easily mitigated with my wildcards. Brave Bird and the rare Mega Pinsir weren't bad either. It's definitely do-able with Ice and Fire, and to the hardest degree, Rock.

E4 should keep the 3 Pokemon of the type. Like Mr. Y said, having 4 in a team can take away a lot of psynergy, and for Psychic, it's hard to manage a team with only 3 Wildcards. One of them is almost a give, so I really only have 2 to work with. Other types have it a bit easier, besides the ones I'll mention below, but for types weak to 2 forms of priority on average and a lack of priority users outside Ubers (and even in Ubers), it would make teams a lot easier to get through.

In terms of the being able to switch out a Pokemon after each E4, this I disapprove of, as it makes the E4 a bit too easy.
I'm okay with a Continue, but that's it. I don't like the ability of being able to switch halfway through, as one could easily make a team based around 2 E4 members, beat them, then go grab there other team based around the other two members. It makes things even easier than switching out a Pokemon. Just my 2 cents.

Well I don't want to implement something that not all e4 members agree with, so if its ok with all e4 members, then we will just have the continue option after beating 2 of you. I personally am fine with whatever you all agree with so whatever you all want to do is fine with me.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
After catching up on everything, I'd like to add my two cents in as well. I'm in agreement to the continue option, though I personally won't partake in the switch option. I like the way things are as far as gym leaders having 4 mons of their respected types and elites having 3. The wild cards help to balance out the types while still staying true to the theme imo.

Also, I want to apologize for my severe lack of activity. Things WILL pick up on my end so that I can make up for lost time with all of you here in the league. Circumstances can't be helped, but I don't like giving excuses regardless. The gym will be re-opening soon in the coming days.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
After catching up on everything, I'd like to add my two cents in as well. I'm in agreement to the continue option, though I personally won't partake in the switch option. I like the way things are as far as gym leaders having 4 mons of their respected types and elites having 3. The wild cards help to balance out the types while still staying true to the theme imo.

Also, I want to apologize for my severe lack of activity. Things WILL pick up on my end so that I can make up for lost time with all of you here in the league. Circumstances can't be helped, but I don't like giving excuses regardless. The gym will be re-opening soon in the coming days.

Glad to see you active :)

And yeah, if everyone in the E4 is cool with the continue option, I am as well. Just no switching of stuff.

ZombieDeviant

Berry Master
Just an active post. I'll be accepting challenges tomorrow starting around maybe 4 or 5pm eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.