• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Darkrai 101

Unidentified Trainer
Hello...

Before you shoot me those evil glares of disgust, I just want to say that it literally brings a tear to my eye to see that the members of this league are so dedicated that even when the owner of the league disappeared off the face of the earth, the league continued to flourish and grow. This is everything I ever wanted plus more for the league!

Now as for my absence... perhaps some of you maybe remember a rather bad storm back in July? Well, our town got hit, BAD. And I am just now getting internet back after all this time. It's been rough going from an everyday internet routine to no internet for literally months. :( I can only hope that nothing like that ever happens again.

Point being, I am actually able to go online now, and I plan to keep it that way. Pertaining the league, I love how balanced and organized the league has been able to stay even after I disappeared, and I don't want to jeopardize this. And so, I officially relinquish what "power" I would have left to PokeGym's newest admin. In fact, I think I'll join as a challenger this time around! This ought to be fun, so let the battle begin!

its good to see you again. So do you plan on getting your normal gym back again since we still have many spots for gym leaders?

Vis_Mage

PokeGyms Creator
its good to see you again. So do you plan on getting your normal gym back again since we still have many spots for gym leaders?

Thanks, it's great to see some familiar faces around the league still!

I probably will apply for the normal gym. Not having wifi has given be alot of time to better my battling, and more so my team, including a hatched shiny new Porygon2! :D

I'll probably take a day or two to get into the grove of wifi battling, and then apply for the gym.

lucarioman5

Pokegym groundleader
Hey puffle! Its good to see you back, I hope that storm didn't cause you too much damage other than the internet, I'd love to see you back as a gym leader! (I will no longer be the second oldest pokegym leader anymore though ;)

Thanks, it's great to see some familiar faces around the league still!

I probably will apply for the normal gym. Not having wifi has given be alot of time to better my battling, and more so my team, including a hatched shiny new Porygon2!

I'll probably take a day or two to get into the grove of wifi battling, and then apply for the gym

it's good to see that there's no hostility towards you from the old gym leaders, anyway i'll give you the normal type gym whenever you're ready. I think we should have a battle just for fun sometime though

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
Hey nice to see you back back Puffle. I wondered where you went. I retired because of school. I might join once the reservation for the Fire gym ends.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Hello...

Before you shoot me those evil glares of disgust, I just want to say that it literally brings a tear to my eye to see that the members of this league are so dedicated that even when the owner of the league disappeared off the face of the earth, the league continued to flourish and grow. This is everything I ever wanted plus more for the league!

Now as for my absence... perhaps some of you maybe remember a rather bad storm back in July? Well, our town got hit, BAD. And I am just now getting internet back after all this time. It's been rough going from an everyday internet routine to no internet for literally months. :( I can only hope that nothing like that ever happens again.

Point being, I am actually able to go online now, and I plan to keep it that way. Pertaining the league, I love how balanced and organized the league has been able to stay even after I disappeared, and I don't want to jeopardize this. And so, I officially relinquish what "power" I would have left to PokeGym's newest admin. In fact, I think I'll join as a challenger this time around! This ought to be fun, so let the battle begin!

Its good to see you back Puff'z, and also worth mentioning in one piece, thats one bad sitaution you caught into.

In your absence we kept the league alive, as it has much potential.
you can thank me as your co-leader for the organisation, shadow darkrai also co-leader, seanferno part time owning the thread, nion owning the thread for an long period and helio the current owner for that.

Helio is doing an excellent job as Owner, it would be unfair somehow if you would take his place due inactivity.
Since the concept is yours however, maybe you could work something out with Helio for being Co-leader at least.
If you will, I'll quit being the co-leader here, since I got my hands full of my own Wifi-league and 2 co-leaders are good enough.

Vis_Mage

PokeGyms Creator
Hey puffle! Its good to see you back, I hope that storm didn't cause you too much damage other than the internet, I'd love to see you back as a gym leader! (I will no longer be the second oldest pokegym leader anymore though ;)

Thanks for the concern. Fortunately, my house didn't see too much damage other than lack of internet, a little minor flooding, and a short lack of electricity. It definitely could have ended much worse off.

Its good to see you back Puff'z, and also worth mentioning in one piece, thats one bad sitaution you caught into.

In your absence we kept the league alive, as it has much potential.
you can thank me as your co-leader for the organisation, shadow darkrai also co-leader, seanferno part time owning the thread, nion owning the thread for an long period and helio the current owner for that.

Helio is doing an excellent job as Owner, it would be unfair somehow if you would take his place due inactivity.
Since the concept is yours however, maybe you could work something out with Helio for being Co-leader at least.
If you will, I'll quit being the co-leader here, since I got my hands full of my own Wifi-league and 2 co-leaders are good enough.

Again, thanks for the concern. I do want to thank everyone for all their hard work, and dedication to keeping the league alive, it really does mean allot to me. As far as the co-leader situation goes, it's all up to Hello on they feel is most fit, but whatever it comes down to, I want to thank you for all the work you put in as a co-leader.

On a related note, I think I will probably apply for gym leader this weekend. I am trading for my last team member I need on Friday, so that should give me time to get not only my gym team, but also my regular team ready. Once I get that figured out, I'd be happy to battle anyone who wants to!

Epiclynx

Accepting gym challenges for my Dark gym for an hour

azulart has earned the aura badge

With the new games only 2 weeks away, I want to know if you guys have some ideas for the league. I think it would be good to discuss our ideas with the other members, that way no one gets left out.

lucarioman5

Pokegym groundleader
I think we should keep the gyms for BW and open new gyms for X and Y and give the current leaders the option to take the X and Y gyms first, that way gym leaders and challengers that won't get X and Y right away can still battle here.

ZombieDeviant

Berry Master
Challenger Name:ZombieDeviant
Friend Code: 1808 3316 4392
Favourite Tier: OU

I think we should keep the gyms for BW and open new gyms for X and Y and give the current leaders the option to take the X and Y gyms first, that way gym leaders and challengers that won't get X and Y right away can still battle here.

You have a point, but as far as I can tell we won't be able to transfer our pokemon until around December anyway. We can't have gyms if we don't have teams for them right?

broomstig

Water/Dragon Leader
You have a point, but as far as I can tell we won't be able to transfer our pokemon until around December anyway. We can't have gyms if we don't have teams for them right?

We could have teams using only pokemon found in Kalos to start with to get into the spirit of it all, and then when we can transfer in december get the proper teams going

And you never know, there might actually be an in game transfer system like on all the other games where you send over 6 at a time

We could have teams using only pokemon found in Kalos to start with to get into the spirit of it all, and then when we can transfer in december get the proper teams going

And you never know, there might actually be an in game transfer system like on all the other games where you send over 6 at a time
You would still have to beat the game if they have a normal transfer system anyway. I can't see there being more then 160 new pokemon so I doubt we can make full teams early after release. Anyway our gyms will stay 5th gen until we figure some more things out, we could probably have both anyway though

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys, since I posted this too at the Aqua league,
I think this is relevant here aswell.

Assuming not everyone has the programs to make badges, how about an cool Badge Generator?

http://www.onlinebadgemaker.com/3d-badge-maker

Hope this can help :) be sure to have your image to be the smallest
and once done save it to your own PC or it will get erased (And upload it on photobucket or imageshack to get the image codes.)

Sample:
kbkl.png

Last edited:
open to challenges looking to challenge

Hey guys, since I posted this too at the Aqua league,
I think this is relevant here aswell.

Assuming not everyone has the programs to make badges, how about an cool Badge Generator?

http://www.onlinebadgemaker.com/3d-badge-maker

Hope this can help :) be sure to have your image to be the smallest
and once done save it to your own PC or it will get erased (And upload it on photobucket or imageshack to get the image codes.)

Sample:
kbkl.png

Thanks for the link Azulart. I added some prototype badges for some of the gyms, leaders should send me a pm and i'll try to make a specific style for their badge

Status
Not open for further replies.