• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silence27trey

I would be a water leader temporarily until the spot could be filled by someone else. I have a water team that I think would be perfect for something like that.

Sylpheon

❀Sylveon❀
It is, but there are megas that are in ORAS that are not in XY, so depending on the leader, they may not want to battle you because it would require that they build a new team.

Ohh, would I still be allowed to apply for an open spot in the league then? o-o

Silence27trey

It is, but there are megas that are in ORAS that are not in XY, so depending on the leader, they may not want to battle you because it would require that they build a new team.

A true gym leader should be ready for any challenge.

As long as it's within the same generation.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
You being a gym leader is up to DT, but I believe she made sure all gym leaders had ORAS so they could accept any challenge.

As for leaders being ready for any challenge, we are. But this is the end of a generation. Some of us may want to use a certain that truly tests a challenger's skill. If we cannot give a challenger our best, how do we know you are truly worthy of not only a badge, but the title of champion?

Silence27trey

If you can not be ready for a battle without one or two Pokemon then how do we know you are truly worthy of a gym leader title?
A good gym leader should be ready in case one or two of their Pokemon are not battle ready. I see your point and, to an extent, I agree but there should honestly be an exception for games within the same generation.
If I was gym leader I would get ORAS but would also be ready for those who only have XY.

Then when the new gen came out I would focus on that unless another came out within that gen. That's my opinion. That's a good gym.

Anyway, I'm not looking for an argument in this thread...that's just my opinion because I only have Pokemon Y. Like you said, it's almost the end of the gen and a lot of us don't want to shell out another forty bucks just because a Gym Leader can't accommodate to a challenger with XY.
Spending that much money for what is probably one or two incompatible Pokemon really isn't realistic especially when you are trying to keep a gym open to all.

In fact, from my understanding, good gym leaders don't give out badges based on battle alone but on heart and creativity. What does it say when the Leader themselves don't have the heart of creativity to be ready for something like that? If I was gym leader *I know facepalm* I would
go for it with only two Pokemon if I absolutely had to.

I can understand going from say Gen 4 to Gen 5 so when S/M comes out, obviously those rules should apply. But something like a Gym Leader refusing a battle because he/she can't use his/her Mega Steelix/Swampert/etc SEEMS unfit to be Gym Leader. I put emphasis on "seems" because
I don't want to point fingers.

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
If you can not be ready for a battle without one or two Pokemon then how do we know you are truly worthy of a gym leader title?
A good gym leader should be ready in case one or two of their Pokemon are not battle ready. I see your point and, to an extent, I agree but there should honestly be an exception for games within the same generation.
If I was gym leader I would get ORAS but would also be ready for those who only have XY.

Then when the new gen came out I would focus on that unless another came out within that gen. That's my opinion. That's a good gym.

As I stated, we are ready, but we want to use the best team available to us just as a challenger does. Also, with this being the end of the generation, and the fact that ORAS has been out for almost 2 years, there may be some of us who are picky about it.

Silence27trey

Then I will consider your gym beaten.

Silence27trey

Come at me, heathen!

...Fine. Ok. It's yall's gym but...I think I make a good valid point. Eh. **** it. I say I win by default.

Seriously, though.

Btw Empoleon is one of the most bad *** Pokemon EVER. Would love to battle.

Last edited:

Silence27trey

I caught you, didn't I?

Haha I'm watching your video with the U-turns and whatnot and so far it's really cool. Like your channel. Keep at it and don't U-turn!

Silence27trey

Ahem...excuse me for that comment. I...got a little carried away there. So WHO WANTS TA BATTLE MEH

I would be a water leader temporarily until the spot could be filled by someone else. I have a water team that I think would be perfect for something like that. (In fact, from my understanding, good gym leaders don't give out badges based on battle alone but on heart and creativity.)
What is this? The anime.. we playing ash and pikachu now? I don't care if you play like a god, if you lose.. NO BADGE! lmao

Due to high demands on the water stuff.. you have to beat me before you can take it.. with a water team Oras ready.

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I can understand going from say Gen 4 to Gen 5 so when S/M comes out, obviously those rules should apply. But something like a Gym Leader refusing a battle because he/she can't use his/her Mega Steelix/Swampert/etc SEEMS unfit to be Gym Leader. I put emphasis on "seems" because
I don't want to point fingers.

Why you gotta single out the Ground Mega's? They deserve much better respek!

What is this? The anime.. we playing ash and pikachu now? I don't care if you play like a god, if you lose.. NO BADGE! lmao

Due to high demands on the water stuff.. you have to beat me before you can take it.. with a water team Oras ready.

Why you gotta go and be Clair?

Silence27trey

Artorius...I don't mean to be mean but did you empty your mind calm enough to spell "mind" right or did you literally EMPTY your mind to where you couldn't spell at all? Haha just kidding just wanted to demonstrate I can be slippery, too. Alright that's two badges! Come at meh! And Summers....it's cause I'm jealous my Steelix can't mega evolve. I didn't even know it could til yesterday ha

Artorius...I don't mean to be mean but did you empty your mind calm enough to spell "mind" right or did you literally EMPTY your mind to where you couldn't spell at all? Haha just kidding just wanted to demonstrate I can be slippery, too. Alright that's two badges! Come at meh! And Summers....it's cause I'm jealous my Steelix can't mega evolve. I didn't even know it could til yesterday ha

Get your DS out.. gona use XY mons... lets battle.. Smogon OU?

Silence27trey

Alright this'll be awesome. I'll add you!

Silence27trey

If Venusaur didn't miss that one hit! Good battle. Will face you again after some thought. Buying Omega Ruby tomorrow if I can.

E4 Artorius Vs Silence27trey
5-0 my win
Comments: He's NOT ready!! (He had a Venusaur tho.. so I like him alittle bit now) lmao
Battle Code: 9JMG-WWWW-WW4D-T2BD

Silence27trey

Now you know if I wouldn't have missed Garchomp to finish him off before I cleaned up I would've won that match or if my Talonflame was faster for reasons I'm not at liberty to discuss haha. **** I almost had you! I'm def putting that battle on Youtube si keep it up. That was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.