• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this was something I was contemplating for a while, and with Sun and Moon coming out with the potential for a new style of league, I thought about making this league conform to Sun/Moon. Of course we don't know if there are the standard 8 gyms yet, but if there isn't, I'd like to try and bring some new life to the league by switching it up. Is this something that you all would be interested in?
Just depends on what that may be :D

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
So this was something I was contemplating for a while, and with Sun and Moon coming out with the potential for a new style of league, I thought about making this league conform to Sun/Moon. Of course we don't know if there are the standard 8 gyms yet, but if there isn't, I'd like to try and bring some new life to the league by switching it up. Is this something that you all would be interested in?

I am interested on what you gonna do the league which I plan on switching more things around with my league but atm nothing comes to mind because I don't know everything yet about the new meta so I await to see before I make any drastic changes...

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
It is ultimately going to depend on what Sun and Moon are like and if it is something that can be replicated outside of the game. We still have a month to determine what will happen, and any sort of change likely won't happen until January. For now its a waiting game.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
HALLOWEEN SPOOK-TACULAR
Tournament

The Halloween Spook-tacular Tournament thread is up, banner to be coming soon. Rules are already posted, therefore if you're interested in joining, you can visit this link and Sign Up!

You'll have 10 Days from this post to Sign Up and construct teams, as battling is estimated to begin on the 21st. Good Luck to all those who join.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
It is ultimately going to depend on what Sun and Moon are like and if it is something that can be replicated outside of the game. We still have a month to determine what will happen, and any sort of change likely won't happen until January. For now its a waiting game.

thats exactly what i am doing with my league as well so by january I will announce all the new changes after I get the feel of the game and the new meta :3

also for grass gym I am actually in the process of shiny hunting and as well sewing up a costume for a anime convention but I will be ev training the last member for one team for the gym so then I will try to open up sometime this next week unless something comes up. I plan on making a second team as well. I am loving some of the new grass type announcements so lets see if any them will be in my liking in the new meta.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Ground & Grass Gym are open!

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Just a friendly reminder that Dj's tournament starts tomorrow so if you are interested sign up!

Also, due to a lack of really any sort of activity, I worry about the thread being closed down. Due to this, I'm tossing around the idea of temporarily closing this thread until around the new year since that's when most of us will have viable pokemon in Sun and Moon. Now keep in mind this would not mean I'm closing the league permanently, just until activity picks up. If, for some reason, I can't do it temporarily, I may still have this thread closed and just make a new one. I'm still debating whether I should do this, but I would like some form of input.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I know it's been a while since I've done anything in this league (like an extremely long time) but I have come back to it once in a while just to see that it's still going on. Each time I've come back, I hate to say it, but it has seemed to be lessening in activity. With all due respect and all, I feel like maybe a brand new thread wouldn't hurt. Obviously gym leaders and the likes who want to keep positions stay, as well as everything else like tournaments, this new points system that you guys appear to have now, but find a way to like refresh the league, you know. New generation, new thread? I don't know how you would do it, but find a way to know all active challengers, and carry their records over to the new thread, and anyone else's record is deemed void or something. I'm sure that upon Gen VII's release, you could bounce off the hype and grow this league, and having a clean new thread would bolster those efforts in may opinion.
Again, I haven't posted here in probably years at this point, so my two cents may be worth less than someone else's, but that's what I think. In fact, with something along the lines of what I suggested, I would probably get back into the league myself.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
So I had time to think it over, and I think that once Sun and Moon come out, I'll have this thread closed and open another. I have an idea for the league as a whole that could be pretty drastic, so I'd like some opinions, but I'll get to that later on.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
As sun and moon have arrived, I'd like to remind us all to refrain from spoilers!

Also I will be playing the game over the coming days and will determine what our new style of league (if any) will be. For now, stay tuned, any updates will be placed here at some point.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Ok everyone, I've had plenty of time to think this over, and I WILL be closing this thread in the coming week in order to make a new one. I've been in discussion with a few of the trainers here and I think we've come up with an exciting new way to have battles in the league, something that incorporates a new experience found in Sun and Moon. I will be contacting all gym leaders once the details are sorted and to see if they wish to retain their position, but for now, I bid you all adieu.

Status
Not open for further replies.