• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Same here any open gyms? I'll do Gen 6 or Gen 5.

Mega Typhlosion

Battle: Leader Fire Hero VS PanikY
Result: Win 4-0
Comments: Another great battle. The final result doesn't reflect what was a very close battle once more. Prediction was key this time and I found a gap to setup which was enough to finish.

PS: Not taking challenges for a while now since my 3DS run out of battery and I don't have the charger here.

Last edited:

kman123

Challenger: KSlen-DarrZ
Friend Code:0018-1163-2845
Favourite Tier: ?????? What you mean?
Other things you may want us to know: I am to be the very best... No joke. When I beat 8 badges, I'm coming for you champion... I will destroy you...

Challenger: KSlen-DarrZ
Friend Code:0018-1163-2845
Favourite Tier: ?????? What you mean?
Other things you may want us to know: I am to be the very best... No joke. When I beat 8 badges, I'm coming for you champion... I will destroy you...
The tier isn't important, just don't use any pokemon that are on the ban list. We don't have a champion yet but good luck anyway

Mega Typhlosion

You have to beat all the elite 4 members in a row, but right now there's only 2

Speaking about that, I'd like to propose a change in the E4 member rules. Those 3 types are a hinder to the E4 members. For example, you have 2 spots filled. The other two members already have 6 types they're not able to use, which limits their teambuilding process heavily. The last member has 9 types blocked. That makes it virtually impossible to make a competitive team, and that will lead not only to different levels of challenge between the members themselves but also that there will be an easier one (because he had almost all types blocked and his team won't work that well) and a harder one (because he could choose whatever he wanted and he has a standard OU team).

I'm not sure how that could be solved, but I don't think this method works in my opinion. Maybe just stick to one type (and allow 3 Pokémon from different types instead of 2, just to make the teams more balanced and therefore harder).

shinyclauncher1234

the shinyclauncher12
For all of you that beat me (all) :( I now have the desert badge so you can add it to your sig

shinyclauncher1234

the shinyclauncher12
I'm open for 2 hours pm me :)

shinyclauncher1234

the shinyclauncher12
Shinyclaunche 1234 vs panikY
He won 2 to 0

PanikY

Speaking about that, I'd like to propose a change in the E4 member rules. Those 3 types are a hinder to the E4 members. For example, you have 2 spots filled. The other two members already have 6 types they're not able to use, which limits their teambuilding process heavily. The last member has 9 types blocked. That makes it virtually impossible to make a competitive team, and that will lead not only to different levels of challenge between the members themselves but also that there will be an easier one (because he had almost all types blocked and his team won't work that well) and a harder one (because he could choose whatever he wanted and he has a standard OU team).

I'm not sure how that could be solved, but I don't think this method works in my opinion. Maybe just stick to one type (and allow 3 Pokémon from different types instead of 2, just to make the teams more balanced and therefore harder).
The last member would still have 9 types to choose from, my own team has 2 dragon types on it and it's not one of my types so it's not like you can't use them at all. If one of the members has a type you want then you can just challenge them for it anyway, either way there's still lots of good types left

PocketCrafter1802

Pokémon Breeder
Challenger Name: (in game name right?) Samuel
Friend Code: 4897-6013-9046
Favourite Tier: OU and UU

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

The last member would still have 9 types to choose from, my own team has 2 dragon types on it and it's not one of my types so it's not like you can't use them at all. If one of the members has a type you want then you can just challenge them for it anyway, either way there's still lots of good types left

I can't agree with you on that. Has 9 types that are either bad on their own or just incompatible. But that's not the worst part. What I think is hindering the most when comparing to gyms are the "free members". For example, gym leaders have 4 Pokémon of a type and 2 members of ANY type combination. For E4 there are no "free members", which basically kills you a lot of options and makes the teams actually weaker. For example, imagine that my team is almost perfect but lacks a Dragon-type. Oh, I can't use any of them because none of them has a type not already in use (I know that is not true currently, just giving you an example). In a gym team, I could, regardless of the type.
Which brings me back to the first point. First E4 member had those "free members" because no types were locked. Second E4, got less options, but a lot of them nevertheless. The others start getting a little stuck.

And I don't plan on challenging to join E4 now ;) I'm happy with the gym and it's going well. Just thought it was not fair for the last E4 members and that would go against the common sense, which is to have stronger E4 teams.

Last edited:

Mega-Absol

Elite Four No. 3
I can't agree with you on that. Has 9 types that are either bad on their own or just incompatible. But that's not the worst part. What I think is hindering the most when comparing to gyms are the "free members". For example, gym leaders have 4 Pokémon of a type and 2 members of ANY type combination. For E4 there are no "free members", which basically kills you a lot of options and makes the teams actually weaker. For example, imagine that my team is almost perfect but lacks a Dragon-type. Oh, I can't use any of them because none of them has a type not already in use (I know that is not true currently, just giving you an example). In a gym team, I could, regardless of the type.
Which brings me back to the first point. First E4 member had those "free members" because no types were locked. Second E4, got less options, but a lot of them nevertheless. The others start getting a little stuck.

And I don't plan on challenging to join E4 now ;) I'm happy with the gym and it's going well. Just thought it was not fair for the last E4 members and that would go against the common sense, which is to have stronger E4 teams.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm joining as number 3 with one of the more obscure types and my team is solid. Building with the type restraints is just about getting back to basics, filling roles in your team with appropriate members. Not to mention that Ghost is still available as a type.

Mega Typhlosion

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm joining as number 3 with one of the more obscure types and my team is solid. Building with the type restraints is just about getting back to basics, filling roles in your team with appropriate members. Not to mention that Ghost is still available as a type.

I know it is possible, and it's nice to have that kind of challenge, but it's still hindering and unfair. I think that I could build better teams for any gym than for that last E4 spot with all the restraints, which is... weird, since the 3 types were supposed to allow freedom and therefore, better teams, as expected from an E4. But I guess that with the right combinations, we can end up having four solid and balanced E4 teams ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.