• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poison gym is open closed.

Leader LanceSiegfried vs. Challenger Aoki
Challenger Win (I forgot the final tally, I think it was 4-0.)
Some bad luck for me plus some great battling from the challenger equals a big fat loss, haha!

Leader LanceSiegfried vs. Challenger FastasReborn
Leader Win 4-0
I was able to get set up or else that would have been a definite win for the challenger. Still a great battle.

Leader LanceSiegfried vs. Challenger venom1950
Leader Win 4-0
A great battle by the challenger that's not reflected in the outcome. Siegfried got rolling though, and saved the day.

Last edited:

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
Ok so it is official, the Birds of Pray tourney will be November 28th, 29th and 30th, and will follow the same tourney style as the Halloween tourney. I'm also gonna be nice and make this one singles, won't torture you all with doubles again.....for now.

*Throws DS down* So I've been breeding and transferring heat waves for nothing!?!

Okay, anyway, is there any move restrictions? Like stealth rock or rock slide? I know a few flying types who have those moves... *coughskarmory&gliscorcough*

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
Well, the only reason I really want to remove some moves would be for 4x stealth rock weaknesses that some flying types have.

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
I'd agree on Stealth Rock, but not rock type moves altogether, otherwise you'd need to ban electric and ice moves too.

I personally think that Stealth Rock should be banned but not rock type moves. Everyone is going to have the same weaknesses and access to the same pokemon. Weaknesses are part of the game. Plus rock type moves are notoriously inaccurate. Stealth Rock however will take at least 12.5% health per switch so it is broken in this scenario. That's just my opinion

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
^Correction, Sigilyph, Gliscor, Skarmory, Hawlucha (Who would use him in this competition anyway?) , and landorus if allowed wouldn't be as effective, but anyway, I agree with the shaky accuracy. Although should we just bring defoggers instead of getting rid of stealth rocks altogether, or limit the amount of pokemon allowed to use stealth rock (let's say, only 1 pokemon can have stealth rock)?

And I agree that super effective attacks should be allowed

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I've gone through the posts and saw the rock type move debate. Stealth Rocks will not be permitted, however I think that rock type moves/super effective against flying moves will be allowed. Even if we use pokemon with those moves it is still possible that they can be killed before it they can use it. I dont really want to limit the tourney anyore than we have so I thik it will stay this way.

Also a bunch of stuff came up today so I won't be open.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Well I'll be playing omega ruby over that weekend so I'm out.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Question: Do I always have to say active post? I'm pretty much posting in here more than once a week anyway, so do I need to add that to my post each time?
That aside, glad we are keeping the Weaknesses in and SR out. Seriously, some Pokemon need to have a 4x weakness.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Opening up REALLY late/early (depending what part of the world you're at) but...normal gym open for awhile. I'm itching to battle today. :)

Edit: Doesn't seem like anyone is online so I'm gonna close and just hop on early tomorrow. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
Question: Do I always have to say active post? I'm pretty much posting in here more than once a week anyway, so do I need to add that to my post each time?
That aside, glad we are keeping the Weaknesses in and SR out. Seriously, some Pokemon need to have a 4x weakness.

Only when you haven't said anything, like let's say you haven't posted in a week, you would put it just to remain an active gym / E4, and if you don't post within 2 weeks (or three, idk how long) you're automatically discharged (too hard of a word. kicked off? ) and you lose you're leader/E4 position.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Only when you haven't said anything, like let's say you haven't posted in a week, you would put it just to remain an active gym / E4, and if you don't post within 2 weeks (or three, idk how long) you're automatically discharged (too hard of a word. kicked off? ) and you lose you're leader/E4 position.

You could say booted, but discharged sounds nicer xD But yeah you're safe, you post a lot so theres no worries.

Also, Fighting gym closed

I'm going to be making up the final ruleset for the Birds of Pray Tournament tonight so everyone knows who to breed and so on. I'll also begin the process of getting appropriate prizes for it.

Last edited:

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Dark gym open :)

Edit:
Leader Sito vs. Challenger Aoki
Lose 3-0(I think xD?)
Good game, made some REALLY horrible predictions, which made me lose like 2 or 3 pokes xD and in the end, also had some hax against me xD

Last edited:

Aoki

Want to battle??
Leader Sito vs. Challenger Aoki
Win 3-0
Mid-match I made some really good plays and racked up some kills. He quickly regained some lost ground, but it was too late. GG

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
thankstournamentthread.png

Ok everybody, I've made up the final ruleset for the new tourney. Here we go!

1:You must use a team of all flying type pokemon, however you MUST use at least 3 "birds", which are Pidgeot, Fearow, Dodrio, Farfetch'd, Moltres, Noctowl, Xatu, Skarmory, Delibird, Swellow, Pellipper, Altaria, Staraptor, Honchcrow, Chatot, Togekiss, Unfezant, Swanna, Braviary, Mandibuzz, Sigilyph, Tornadus (Therian), Talonflame, and Hawlucha. You may also use their preevolutions if you wish as long as they are flying type, they will also count as being one of the 3 birds required.

2: As we discussed, there are a few pokemon we are banning. They are Aerodactyl, Zapdos, Articuno, Rotom Fan, Archeops, Emolga, and Thundurus, due to their secondary typing being super effective against flying types.

3: Stealth Rocks is also banned. However, super effective moves (Rock, Ice, Electric) can be used.

4: Smogon Ou rules apply here, so all pokemon must be OU and under. The battles will be done in singles.

The tournament dates are November 28th, 29th, and 30th, and will be done in the same style as the past few tournaments, with players arranging their own battles to complete a set number of rounds. I may or may not be competing in this, so don't ask me team questions. Also, beloiw is the smaller banner for our sigs, so if you want it, pm me or copy the url.

thankssignbanner.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.