• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I see it like this: Dodrio has bird-like qualities, but lacks wings therefore it isn't a bird per-say. Sigilyph, who lacks a lot of the qualities found in birds commonly today, shows certain qualities which could link it to birds. Therefore it is considered a bird.Tomato Tomata huh? We should run this by Helio and DT and see what the final verdict is.

Not to stray off toic of the thread, but I totally agree with you on Granbull.

Now Granbull...
I dunno how it's even close to being a Fairy...
But I agree. Based on its classification in the dex, and literally being un-related to any other type of creature (based on its anatomy, typing etc.) I think it should stay as one. It's closest classification is that of a bird. I'm okay with it not being one, but that would be a oxymoron.

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
delibird, dodrio, i get it, they shouldn't be able to fly, but, here is something to point out:
(I will dissect every word you type until you can bear no more)

Here's the attack: The user soars, then strikes its target on the second turn

and the definition of soar: fly or rise high in the air.
Rise high in air. there kids at home, is how Genesect learned to fly (even I don't get that, I mean, it's a steel bug mantis thing)

Kingdra is the dragon pokemon. It sure as heck isn't a dragon if you think about it, as it is a seahorse. Sure, it may be a dragon type, it may have at least some characteristics, but it does not make it a dragon.

Other pokemon who are named by GF but deliberately not that!

Granbull, the Fairy

Charizard and blaziken have the exact same thing, except one has flame and the other has flare. figures?

Absol, the disaster pokemon, which actually doesn't even create disasters at all.

Bronzong doesn't have heal bell, despite being the Bronze Bell pokemon.

Need I go on?

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
delibird, dodrio, i get it, they shouldn't be able to fly, but, here is something to point out:

Rise high in air. there kids at home, is how Genesect learned to fly (even I don't get that, I mean, it's a steel bug mantis thing)

Kingdra is the dragon pokemon. It sure as heck isn't a dragon if you think about it, as it is a seahorse. Sure, it may be a dragon type, it may have at least some characteristics, but it does not make it a dragon.

Granbull, the Fairy

Charizard and blaziken have the exact same thing, except one has flame and the other has flare. figures?

Absol, the disaster pokemon, which actually doesn't even create disasters at all.

Need I go on?

I agree with everything except for Absol. It's misinterpreted to cause disasters but it in fact warns of impending natural disasters. It was named a bad omen of sorts, which explains it being classified as the disaster pokemon. Though this is all interesting guys, we are straying off topic... ^^' (don't want anyone to get in trouble with the mods)

Want to set up some gym battles, or have any other questions/concerns about the tournament?

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
nah, I'm fine (I admit, absol was a far-out argument, but to be fair it is a bit of the opposite. The Prediction Pokemon would be better? idk)

EDIT: do you know what's kinda sad? I left for a while since march, came back around September, and literally half the people I knew on here are gone. ouch, talk about new battling environment.

Last edited:

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
nah, I'm fine (I admit, absol was a far-out argument, but to be fair it is a bit of the opposite. The Prediction Pokemon would be better? idk)

EDIT: do you know what's kinda sad? I left for a while since march, came back around September, and literally half the people I knew on here are gone. ouch, talk about new battling environment.

Oh yeah, it could've done with better clarification.

A bunch of people stopped battling altogether, haven't been online in ages, or filled in empty spots in the League. :/ we're trying to entice more people to battle (which we have) but it's only so much y'know? The tournaments, the raffles, the repeat gym battles and elite 4... I personally don't know what else could be done, not to say it isn't good. Everyone here works hard at running their positions (gyms, Frontiers, Elites, etc..)

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
Ha, I remember those days. I was the Czar for a while. I kind of had errands during the summer and left unexpectedly, and somewhat forgot this for a while.

Oh, so I stay on topic, can I battle your gym for old time sake?

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES

Granbull, the Fairy

Need I go on?

Genesect can use Fly based off the modifications it was given by team Plasma.
The same can be said about Dragalge, as it primarily based on Algae, as well as any Dragon type, as Dragons are mythical creatures to begin with, where most classifications are based off normal lizard like animals anyway, but with modifications to physiology. And since mythology is just that, myth, it can be technically claimed that all representations of Dragons are wrong, because there is no actual animal that is a or relates to a Dragon that can be specifically referenced.
Flame fits Charizard because of Dragon's breathing fire, while Flare fits Blaziken because it unleashes bursts of fire from its wrists and ankles like a flare makes a short burst.
Granbull is to Fairy as Entei is to any specific animal classification. It is known as one of the three Beasts, and thus has no specific classification, though bearing resemblances.
Absol has the ability to sense disasters. The dex and anime actually outline that the misconception lies in the fact Absol appears because it senses the disaster, not because it actually causes them, hence it being labeled as the Disaster Pokemon.
A Pokemon doesn't need a move to be classified as something. By this logic, Giratina shouldn't be the Renegade Pokemon, because it specifically doesn't learn Renegade, or Pikachu the Mouse Pokemon, as it doesn't learn any moves involving the use of teeth such as Bite and Super Fang.

This part is getting a bit off topic though, so to prevent any unpleasant infractions, you might want to PM me if you want to continue this. I specifically brought up Sigilyph because it was relevant to the thread in terms of tournament classification, but this is starting to devolve now. :)

Edit:
I will do fun battles tomorrow, so PM me if you want to set one of those up.

Last edited:

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
Yeah, I sort of thought it would've stopped by now. agree to disagree until we get helio or dragontamer to make a decision?

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Yeah, I sort of thought it would've stopped by now. agree to disagree until we get helio or dragontamer to make a decision?

Works for me.
But I'm glad that you at least came back at me with logical reasoning, as most people don't do that, and just throw opinions at you.
So in regards to that, thank you for the interesting conversation. :)

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Definitely would be up for battles. :)

Battle: Leader Leafeon vs. Challenger Ivysnake
Result: my win 4-0
Comments: Threats EVERYWHERE. The numbers lie, I had to play smart else it would've been GG for me. Well played.

Battle: Leader Leafeon vs. Challenger Aoki
Result: my loss 0-1
Comments: Close game. Once I was worn down, it was GG. Well played, you've earned the Lucky badge. :D

Gym closed, no one else is up this late. ^^'

Last edited:

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
Battle: Challenger Ivysnake vs. Leader Leafeonthevoid
Result: loss 0 - 4

Comments: I admit, I made a lot of bad plays that game, gg anyway.

Aoki

Want to battle??
Battle: Challenger Aoki vs Leafeonthevoid
Result: Win 1-0
It was one of the best matches I've played to date from a gym leader. Little to no hax and every move was thought out with precision. It came down to the wire.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
So i leave for a night and a whole war goes down xD I've seen the arguments, and while I personally see Sigilyph as a bird, if there is a disagreement on that then I'll just take it out, it can just be used as one of the non birds. Also, if you guys think I've missed anyone, please say so. (just added Togekiss)

Also, doubles hasn't completely disappeared, I have full intentions of doing another. In fact, I'm thinking of making it the next one, the ORAS tourney. I'm also contempating it being a multi battle tourney, we haven't done that since the summer.

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
And why is Togekiss not a bird? It looks more like bird than Sigilyph. Not that I have problem since its still can be chosen from Flying category.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
So i leave for a night and a whole war goes down xD I've seen the arguments, and while I personally see Sigilyph as a bird, if there is a disagreement on that then I'll just take it out, it can just be used as one of the non birds. Also, if you guys think I've missed anyone, please say so. (just added Togekiss)

Also, doubles hasn't completely disappeared, I have full intentions of doing another. In fact, I'm thinking of making it the next one, the ORAS tourney. I'm also contempating it being a multi battle tourney, we haven't done that since the summer.

Nah, no arguments. Everyone hashed out things pretty well. :)

YES! I vote on a multi. I like having a partner and facing against opposing teams. I still have the vid from the first multi toury saved. Iirc, it was Corbin and myself vs. Ivy and Sito?

Ivysnake

Poison Gym Leader
Nah, no arguments. Everyone hashed out things pretty well. :)

YES! I vote on a multi. I like having a partner and facing against opposing teams. I still have the vid from the first multi toury saved. Iirc, it was Corbin and myself vs. Ivy and Sito?

Oh I loved that match! I used Porygon-Z, Mega-Aerodactyl, and Gastrodon. I forgot what the tourney was though :p

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Oh I loved that match! I used Porygon-Z, Mega-Aerodactyl, and Gastrodon. I forgot what the tourney was though :p

Yup! I remember that. Gastrodon was your last mon while Sito's was Skarmory. I was left with just Mandibuzz and somehow avoided hax for the longest time before being KO'd. Crazy match. :)

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner

It was just a regular tourney, no theme. The multi battle part will probably be applied to ORAS in December, since I imagine most of us will have some free time for winter break. for that one though we will have to have a poll in order to determine everyones availability, having over more than one day won't work either.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
My thoughts for making the December tournament Multi battle stems from the fact that most of the new megas are doubles oriented, so it would give us a good chance to use them in such a manner, and by that point we will know how the new megas work so we'll be better prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.