• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
With the new toys Low Kick and Gunk Shot, I'm actually not surprised, but even with the coverage, I don't really feel it that big of a deal. One less thing to check Dragonite and others now, but that's okay. Will try to be open for more battles by Friday. Was doing a giveaway, so a lot of time was consumed breeding Contrary Snivy.

After a friend brought up the M Lucario comparison, I knew they were going to ban it. Too fast, gets stab everything and now with Low kick and Gunk Shot, it can be Physical, Special or Mixed. I personally don't think it will do anything in Ubers, so Greninja will be the long lost pokemon like Aegislash. Unless you use Greninja for spikes or something.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
ok so i have finished my OR playthrough, so when it says that the colosseum is opened you can challenge me.

jon199

After a friend brought up the M Lucario comparison, I knew they were going to ban it. Too fast, gets stab everything and now with Low kick and Gunk Shot, it can be Physical, Special or Mixed. I personally don't think it will do anything in Ubers, so Greninja will be the long lost pokemon like Aegislash. Unless you use Greninja for spikes or something.
So, I know that we're not supposed to discuss this type of stuff in this part of the forums, but I can't help saying a few words in Greninja's loss.
Personally, I don't see why it would get banned. Protean is an amazing ability, and allows it to throw out super-powerful STAB everything, boosted by a life orb, but it's not like it's game-breaking. I can somewhat see why they banned M-Lucario (Adaptability), and maybe M-Mawile (Huge bloody Power). Definitely M-Gengar (Perish Song of Death). But Aegislash and Greninja are pointless. There are so many obvious checks to them that it isn't even funny. Why not ban something like M-Charizard X? If you don't get an Earthquake/power on that thing before it sets up ONE SINGLE DD, then you're screwed...
But hey, I haven't really been in competitive battling since ORAS came out. Maybe I haven't faced enough of these to know...

LynxForte

The Phoenix
So, I know that we're not supposed to discuss this type of stuff in this part of the forums, but I can't help saying a few words in Greninja's loss.
Personally, I don't see why it would get banned. Protean is an amazing ability, and allows it to throw out super-powerful STAB everything, boosted by a life orb, but it's not like it's game-breaking. I can somewhat see why they banned M-Lucario (Adaptability), and maybe M-Mawile (Huge bloody Power). Definitely M-Gengar (Perish Song of Death). But Aegislash and Greninja are pointless. There are so many obvious checks to them that it isn't even funny. Why not ban something like M-Charizard X? If you don't get an Earthquake/power on that thing before it sets up ONE SINGLE DD, then you're screwed...
But hey, I haven't really been in competitive battling since ORAS came out. Maybe I haven't faced enough of these to know...

The basic answer is that it could check is checks/counters. Azumarill no longer wants to switch in on it and neither do steel types. I felt it was too soon because the ORAS meta hasnt settled, but whatever

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
The basic answer is that it could check is checks/counters. Azumarill no longer wants to switch in on it and neither do steel types. I felt it was too soon because the ORAS meta hasnt settled, but whatever

Only AV variants could really switch in on it anyway with Grass Knot, but now with Gunk Shot and Low Kick... It just doesn't fear anything but faster Pokemon.
I do agree though that it's going to be very rarely used, as it's way to frail and there tons of Pokemon in the Uber tier who can wreck it with ease without really having to do anything different.

That being said it does seem important to note these things down, as being the Psychic E4 I can remodel my team with no worry of Greninja. And don't get me wrong, it's my favorite Water type, but it's not too bad for me to see it go.

Last edited:
This ban actually helps me out too since its speed and STAB Ice Beam can pretty much wreck dragons. I now have one less thing to worry about in Elite 4 battles.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
So the ninja frog is gone huh? Didn't bother me any since I never used it and never had to fight it much, but whatever.

So if you can't tell I am no longer bed ridden and can now actually get on with life xD I have a few things to catch up on at the house and I'll be workign tonight so the raffle will be posted tomorrow, and to make up for the fact that I missed a week the prizes will be shiny again. I'll also open my gym again tomorrow. Cheers!

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Fighting gym closed.

raffle.png

To make up for the fact I missed a week, the prizes are shiny again!

PRIZE 1:Lvl 1 GLigar, Impish with Immunity.
PRIZE 2:Lvl 56 Lopunny, JOlly with Dizzy Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch
PRIZE 3:Lvl 57 Hawlucha, Jolly with Unburden.
PRIZE 4:Lvl 44 Carbink, Impish with Sturdy

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
So the ninja frog is gone huh? Didn't bother me any since I never used it and never had to fight it much, but whatever.

So if you can't tell I am no longer bed ridden and can now actually get on with life xD I have a few things to catch up on at the house and I'll be workign tonight so the raffle will be posted tomorrow, and to make up for the fact that I missed a week the prizes will be shiny again. I'll also open my gym again tomorrow. Cheers!

It's good to see you back and well DT!
On another note, the Psychic E4 will be open for challengers on Saturday for sure, so PM to set up a time.
Also, thinking about challenging the other Gym leaders again. :3

I know I haven't been around much but I need all gym leaders and frontier brains to check in BY FRIDAY, otherwise you will be removed from the spot (unless you have a good explanation for missing the deadline). It's about time I took some responsibility for once

venom1950

Ace Trainer
I know I haven't been around much but I need all gym leaders and frontier brains to check in BY FRIDAY, otherwise you will be removed from the spot (unless you have a good explanation for missing the deadline). It's about time I took some responsibility for once

checking in

Wego

WeCounting Stars

Checking in

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Checking in, though Idk how reliable that is for the time being. Will PM you why Helio.

Status
Not open for further replies.