• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Welcome, welcome! We're glad you're here. My only advice to you is this:Have fun! That's what we're about here so just have fun. Challenge the gym leaders if you feel up to it or just ask and I'm sure someone will battle you and critique your team or battling style. Anyway, good luck.

Now,..... that's right!! Its time for....

ACTIVITY POST!!

So it have been a crazy year so far and we're not even one month in!! My son is getting bigger everyday (coming up on 1 year old) and that is taking up more and more of my time. I have transferred my team over to my Alpha Sapphire so i can take challenges there. I've been doing a lot of trading lately since I haven't had a lot of time for breeding. It looks like I wont be able to participate in the coming tournament, sadly. I was really looking forward to it and had an interesting type combination planned. Oh well. I'm still able to take challenges though so if anyone wants to challenge just send me a message and we'll work out a time. I really need to get back to challenging the gym leaders. I feel like I've been a bit distant lately and I apologize. I am here and I will be more active.

Well that about wraps up this episode. Tune in next time when I say things like "Hello" and Paunch!!" See you then!

You won't be able to do it at all? Its over 3 days. Anyway sorry you can't make it.

On that note the tourney is next weekend so make sure you sign up if you are interested! I'm finalizing the prizes now so they should be up soon.

lucarioman5

Pokegym groundleader
Hello everyone! I don't know if anyone here has been here long enough to remember me, but I am back from the dead. I will not apply to be a gym leader right now as school will very likely come and waltz itself in the way, but I will be a challenger, plus it seems like my name is still on the OP. See your gyms soon!

EDIT: Are my badges I got still valid now?

You won't be able to do it at all? Its over 3 days. Anyway sorry you can't make it.

Yeah, my wife's birthday is that weekend so there will be festivities. Plus I just haven't had any time to get a team together. If something changes I'll let you know but as of now I wont be able to participate.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Hello everyone! I don't know if anyone here has been here long enough to remember me, but I am back from the dead. I will not apply to be a gym leader right now as school will very likely come and waltz itself in the way, but I will be a challenger, plus it seems like my name is still on the OP. See your gyms soon!

EDIT: Are my badges I got still valid now?

I believe so, as long as we still have records of it.
Yeah, my wife's birthday is that weekend so there will be festivities. Plus I just haven't had any time to get a team together. If something changes I'll let you know but as of now I wont be able to participate.

Aww ok, family comes first. Well if you can't make this one hopefully you'll make the next.

Fighting Gym closed

Last edited:

venom1950

Ace Trainer
sorry for not opening the battle colosseum. i'm very busy and i don't think i'll be able to open it until the half of the next month. i have a lot to study,first for last exams and later for finals.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
I'm almost finished building my tournament team in-game, so if anyone needs a bit of help with breeding I can (depending). Gym will open tomorrow upon request.

Just thought it was important to say this, I'm not able to run the league like I used to and I feel like I'm letting everyone down. Since I can't really get online much anymore I asked dragontamer to run things from now on, she already does most of the things that I'm supposed to anyway and I trust her to do a great job. Every once in a while I'll be on to see how things are going but this is my farewell to all of you, I couldn't have asked for better people to have here and I hope you all take care of yourselves. Thanks to all of you... I can't put into words how much I enjoyed being here and I'm looking forward to being able to see you all again some day.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Just thought it was important to say this, I'm not able to run the league like I used to and I feel like I'm letting everyone down. Since I can't really get online much anymore I asked dragontamer to run things from now on, she already does most of the things that I'm supposed to anyway and I trust her to do a great job. Every once in a while I'll be on to see how things are going but this is my farewell to all of you, I couldn't have asked for better people to have here and I hope you all take care of yourselves. Thanks to all of you... I can't put into words how much I enjoyed being here and I'm looking forward to being able to see you all again some day.

Goodbye mate, sad to see you go. Hope you can come back soon. Also, will DT be able to edit the league's Google doc? Iirc it's not updated for quite a while.
Anyway, good luck with your life and good luck DT on running the league.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Goodbye mate, sad to see you go. Hope you can come back soon. Also, will DT be able to edit the league's Google doc? Iirc it's not updated for quite a while.
Anyway, good luck with your life and good luck DT on running the league.

I have the ability to do it yes. I'll begin the update tomorrow hopefully, though I did add in badges won about a month ago I think so it shouldn't be too backlogged.

On that note, I am truly honored that Helio is entrusting the league to me, and though the transition won't happen for a little bit, I'm going to try and think of things that I can do to improve the league as a whole and make it better. No major changes I promise xD For now the tournament is my main focus but once that is done I'll make an official post about the switch.

*Kyurem*

Challenger Application

Challenger Name:
*Kyurem* but just call me Kody or just Kyurem if ya like.
Friend Code: 4596 9628 9541
Favorite Tier: Either OU or VGC
Time Zone: GMT -5
Other things you may want us to know: I've competed in the Pokemon VGC's for about 5 years.

Hello! I was also wondering who I have to PM to become a Gym Leader since it seems Helio Breaker says he left.

i fully understand.. but i will say this, you don't have to QUIT. reason why you have such great support like DT to stand in for your when life hits you.. taken a break would be the right word.
also i never got a chance to kick your *** in a poke battle!! xD Lmao

DT, I know you'll do a great job and you have my full support. ;)

Artorius (Psychic Gym) vs James
Lost 3-0
GG (inbox me for a rematch 2morrow)

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Challenger Application

Challenger Name:
*Kyurem* but just call me Kody or just Kyurem if ya like.
Friend Code: 4596 9628 9541
Favorite Tier: Either OU or VGC
Time Zone: GMT -5
Other things you may want us to know: I've competed in the Pokemon VGC's for about 5 years.

Hello! I was also wondering who I have to PM to become a Gym Leader since it seems Helio Breaker says he left.

You would pm me. The transition isn't official yet but I'll start compiling requests and such now since the process is ongoing. Just pm me with the form and we will go from there.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes

This isn't a final farewell, but we'll see you later and welcome you back with open arms when you return someday. I'm looking forward to seeing what ideas DT has in store for the league.

I won't be available until tomorrow evening EST, if anyone would care to schedule a gym battle from that point onwards. I also thought about offering help in breeding, and it was foolish of me considering I'm in the tournament as well.

jon199

It seems that, at this time, a lot of people are going afk. It's really sad to see all of these people eventually leave, especially our owner. However, I don't think that this is a farewell. Like others, I think we'll still see you on, Helio. It's been nice working with you. I kind of wish that I had a chance to battle you. XD
I'm not worried about DT taking over. She'll do great.

Also, welcome to the league, Kyruem. :)

venom1950

Ace Trainer

Don't be hard on yourself Helio! You are doing a great job. Hope you come back one day.
Also picking DT as our new League Master is a great choice. She really cares about this league.

@DT if you need any help just PM me

The changing of the guard.... Well good luck to you in whatever you decide to do. I didn't know you as well as some since I'm relatively new here but as far as I can tell you've done an amazing job with the league. I hope you can come back one day.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
What is this tournament that's being talked about?

We are having a joint tournament with another league here called the Wishful Thinking tournament. If you are interested head over to the tournaments thread and look it up. All the rules and such are posted there.

Also we've received 2 applications for open positions as of today, though at the moment neither applicants have a team ready. I think what I will do is that once they have their teams set, I'll do a mock gym battle with them as a "test", to see how their team is. Anyway I'm juggling a certain idea round in my head that has to do with the open positions but I'll post more about it later on.

And thanks for the well wishes guys, I'll do my best ^_^

Cutty

Forever now
Farewell Helio, congrats DT.

I'm not good at words, wish you both the best hope you guys are doing well :)

Fairy gym will open on weekend by request.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Alrighty, I'm happy to introduce 2 new Gym Leaders who have proven that they have good knowledge of their chosen type. So here we go!

PcZktaL.png

*Kyurem*!

WjYtGf0.png

xDIRCIOx !

They have both had their test battle with me and are clear to take challenges whenever they are ready. Once I'm able to update the first post I will add them to the open gyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.