• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Do my pokemon have to have the pentagon to use? I'd like to use an older team tochallenge this league, but they aren't Kalos born.

Funny story, I accidentally brought 3 pokemon to a 6v6 and ended up winning 2-0 anyways!

Yes what Mastergohan says is true. For a while it was the only way we could use some legends so as long as its not Uber you can use it.

Forgot teh raffle yesterday so here it is now.

raffle.png

PRIZE 1:Lvl 1 GLigar, Impish with Immunity. :Venom1950 (fitting huh? xD)
PRIZE 2:Lvl 56 Lopunny, JOlly with Dizzy Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch:jon199
PRIZE 3:Lvl 57 Hawlucha, Jolly with Unburden.:CUtty
PRIZE 4:Lvl 44 Carbink, Impish with Sturdy: *Kyurem*

I'll be pming everyone who won something, so pick it up from me when you get the chance.

And finally, I know the transition isn't official yet but there were a few additions to league that I wanted to get all of your opinions on. I've discussed things with a few people and have had a positive response so far, but I'd like you all to tell me what you think. I'll post the details of it later today or tomorrow.

Last edited:

lucarioman5

Pokegym groundleader
Oops, I spent an hour reminiscing at the first 30 pages of this thread :p. Anyways, I should be challenging soon, I still need to get some of the items like the choice scarf in AS. I prefered when you found one on the ground like in diamond.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
So, as I stated yesterday, there were a few ideas that I wanted to run by everyone before I took them any further. The details for these ideas haven't been ironed out as I'm still thinking of ways to implement them, but heres the basic ideas.

1: Apprentice System. A while ago the idea of an apprentice system was tossed around but ultimately nothing came of it. As those of us who also battle in Trinity know, they have an apprentice system that works very well, and I think that we could potentially benefit from having a similar system. A person who is interested in an apprenticship would have to ask the leader of the type they wish to try first, and if given permission that leader needs to test the newcomer and see if they know what they are doing. I'm also thinking of applying the apprentice system to gyms that currently do NOT have a leader (ground, electric, etc...) but this would be limited to leaders and not challengers.

2: Special battles. This idea stems from our Frontiers. As we know the frontiers require that we battle in certain styles or with certain pokemon, but I thought that perhaps we could do something with the gyms in this regard as well. The basic idea is that, besides battling with your normal gym team, a leader could also have a special side battle that would require special rules, such as no items, or a no restrictions battle, something along those lines. If a leader chooses to do so (its not manditory, only for people who want to do it) they can invent a special battle, and any challenger who prevails over this special challenge would perhaps recieve a pokemon from the leader, or an item, some sort of prize that shows they won.

Now these ideas are still beign worked on but I would like to hear your opinions and suggestions.

Also as a reminder the tournament starts on Friday so if interested go sign up!

Last edited:
I think those could work. It all depends on activity though. How would apprenticeships work exactly? Do challengers have to battle the apprentice first then the leader to get the badge?

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Not exactly. As a leader, you would not open your gym, but your apprentice would open in your stead. So, in essense the apprentice is an interim leader, so if you beat teh apprentice you would get the badge. That being said that is why the leader should test teh apprentice and make sure they know what they are doing. Like I said I haven't ironed everything out so I'm still workng on details.

Ok, ok. So what does the leader do then if the apprentice is taking all of the challenges?

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I'll probably make it like Trinity where you can have a leader and apprentice open, but you can't be open at the same time. So if anything the leader and apprentice would work out a schedule where the leader can open but the apprentice also gets some battles as well.

I get it. It sounds a bit.... I don't know... much. I mean we don't even have a full roster of leaders yet. But I'm on board.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I've never liked the idea of 2 leaders. With activity here being low, it wouldn't make much sense. You also run the risk of the everyone challenging the apprentice if they're not as good as the leader. I get that time zones are a thing, but we have weekends to try and work things out.

If you're considering a fresh start for the league, then it makes a little more sense, but unless activity picks up, it doesn't make enough sense imo

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
All understandable. Like I said I wanted to get some opinions before the transition was made official so the apprentice system is not set in stone, and may not be implemented at all. But what do you guys think of the special battle segment?

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I think special battles would be good, as long as they're reasonable. Such as leaders who have a rock weakness can't say "no stealth rocks." My personal opinion is that if you're a leader, you should be ready to deal with something like that. But yeah, special battles is cool.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
They would have to run their idea by me first but you wouldn't be able to just ban a single move, the leaders should try and be creative.

I'm also going to hold off on the raffle this weekend announce it this coming Monday, I got behind on it so its better if we just skip this week.

And finally the tournament starts TOMORROW so sign up if you are interested.

Last edited:
I like the special battle idea. I think a lot of fun could be had with it. Question: could a challenger propose a special battle? Say I wanted to challenge a gym leader to a special battle. Could I suggest an idea for one? Also can us elite 4 members do the same? And would the apprenticeship (if it happens) extend to us as well? I'm of the opinion that it shouldn't but that's just me.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Special battles are a good idea.
Activity is too limited here for apprentice system to work imo.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
I'm on board for the special battles, but I have to agree with everyone else that the apprenticeship plan should be held off until activity picks up.

I think people are thinking about this all wrong abit. The idea of apprentices is to have some as back up in day on which you cant open, as in exams weeks, away on a holiday, having a baby or DIE! Lmao iJoke. you only get 1 in times of real life hardships that stops you from your gym duties.. Perfect example, if we had this system in place, we wouldn't have empty gyms like the ground and the other. inactive Leaders breed inactive challengers too. Its a 2way love thing. LOL
So its not something that you get yourself into when your well active. and its a selfless thing you can do for a challenger. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.