• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeGyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
activity post sorry again I swear I can be the worse leader ever sometimes >.< I will get that last member up asap soon just been getting distracted by life and on top of it pokemon go XD

I seem to miss quite a bit when I vanish for long amounts of time, at least the arguments (if you can even call them that) seem to have stopped. Also since it's mildly related, gym leaders were allowed to use 5th and 6th gen games to a certain point. This transition should be similar

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Like Helio said there will be a grace period for the leaders to get Sun or Moon. Since I know some of us will likely get it as soon as its out or get it for the holidays, I'll likely make the deadline in February, but will ask that for a little while after that, the leaders be able to battle people who only have ORAS/XY.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Like Helio said there will be a grace period for the leaders to get Sun or Moon. Since I know some of us will likely get it as soon as its out or get it for the holidays, I'll likely make the deadline in February, but will ask that for a little while after that, the leaders be able to battle people who only have ORAS/XY.

I am all set for sun and moon because I pre-ordered my moon copy which dragontamer no worries for me :3 I think its far to give leaders some time like you said :3 I second the motion

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Yeah, its always best to give time for people to pickup the game, as well as play it and get potentially new teams up, and of course Smogon's reset to its tiers will have to be adjusted to accommodate the new Pokemon.

Anyways, Ground Gym is open!!

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Just as a nudge, there is a new tournament up if anyone is interested. Though not hosted by us, its still a good opportunity to battle and get the rust off.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Just as a heads up, I'm going to be away for the next 3 days so I won't be around if anyone is looking for me. I don't think they will be but just in case xD

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Think this thread will pick up activity once sun and Moon come out?

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Ground Gym is open!! VM/PM for a challenge.

The Original Wizard

Magic *snort snort*
Challenger Name: Dave. But please call me Wizard
Friend Code: 0834-3334-8468
Favourite Tier: N/A
Time Zone: UK, London +0
Other things you may want us to know: I want to put my faved team through the ringer, so just in case i have 3 pokemon that are super effective i am using the same team for every gym battle. This team got me through a few UK Regionals but i think it's no longer as good as it used to be, i intend to find out.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Challenger Name: Dave. But please call me Wizard
Friend Code: 0834-3334-8468
Favourite Tier: N/A
Time Zone: UK, London +0
Other things you may want us to know: I want to put my faved team through the ringer, so just in case i have 3 pokemon that are super effective i am using the same team for every gym battle. This team got me through a few UK Regionals but i think it's no longer as good as it used to be, i intend to find out.

Is it a VGC team? Because all the leagues here are primarily singles. Some leaders will play doubles, but not all.

The Original Wizard

Magic *snort snort*
Ah yes it is a VGC team, if the leader refuses to play double battles then i will change a few items and try a new tactic, i haven't played many single battles with this team but it has worked in the past... well half and half really hahaha

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Yes as Lynx said we primarily run singles and follow Smogon rules. Regardless, welcome to the league! If you have any questions feel free to ask me or any of our leaders :3

The Original Wizard

Magic *snort snort*
Oh i see! i read through the rules, while i'm not a lover of playing by custom rules i can say i'm glad i won't be running into so many overused pokemon while battling, might even be a breath of fresh air.

Ok after taking in these new rules i will do my best against the gyms here, should i challenge them in a certain order or just challenge whoever is online at the time?

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Challenge: Ground Leader DJSummers VS Challenger The Original Wizard
Result: Leader Win 6 - 0
Good game, you had a really good team, just didn't use it to its full potential, and let key players get defeated early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.