• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon 20 Questions (Again)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm too lazy to create an original post so most of this post is credited to this @Tangeh human.

---

Revival of the old thread that went inactive in March. No one tried to guess what my Pokemon was last time lmfao.

This game is 20 questions, Pokémon-style! One person will think of a pokémon, and everybody else will try to figure out what pokémon they are thinking of by asking yes or no questions. The guess for the pokémon counts as a question, and whoever guesses correctly gets to think of the pokémon for the next round.

RULES: (all SPPf and Games Forum rules apply)

1. Do not think of a Pokémon that has not been officially released - this gives you 807 options to choose from (*mega evolutions and different form(e)s do not count as separate Pokémon).

1a. Regarding different form(e)s: if a question is asked that would be different for different form(e)s, please choose the answer that would correspond to the "original" form. This means the form(e) the Pokemon is in before being exposed to abilities, items, attacks, or locations. This means for Pokemon with Alolan forms, please go with the non-Alolan form variant when answering questions. For some Pokemon this is less obvious, so I've created a list:

Unown: "A" form
Wormadam: Plant cloak
Shellos / Gastrodon: West sea
Basculin: Red stripe
Deerling / Sawsbuck: Spring
Vivillon: Meadow
Flabébé / Floette / Florges: Red flower
Pumpkaboo / Gourgeist: Average size
Oricorio: Pom-pom style
Lycanroc: Midday form
Minior: Red core

You may ask questions regarding a Pokemon's alternate form(e), if it has one. For example: "does it's alternate form(e)(s) have a different typing from the original?"

2. Do not ask questions regarding the Pokédex number. You can however ask if it is in a specific Dex or generation (ex: "Is it in the Mountain Kalos Dex?" or "Was it introduced before generation 3?" is fine)

3. Do not ask subjective questions (ex: "Is it a Pokémon I would like?" or "Is it a Pokémon popular with girls?"). There must be a definitive "yes" or "no".

4. Do not ask "or" / multi-part questions (ex: "Is it Purrloin, Houndour, or Poochyena?" or "Is it red, orange, or yellow in color?"). There's only 720 possible answers as opposed to the usual millionish, so that makes it too easy to narrow the Pokémon down and discourages more creative guesses. For example, "Is it a ground, rock, or steel-type?" is not appropriate but "Is it a type immune to sandstorm?" is fine. Obviously that's a nitpicky example but just try to avoid the word "or" unless you're clarifying something. (ex: "Was it a type introduced after Gen I? (dark, steel, fairy)" is fine)

5. Wait until your question has been answered to ask another one.

6. If you are answering, answer honestly and ask if you need clarification on a question.

Regarding winning:

If you have correctly guessed the correct Pokémon, you get to think of the Pokémon for the next round! If nobody correctly guesses your Pokémon, it is your turn again (or you can choose somebody else to do it).

If the person answering questions is inactive for 48 hours, the next poster after this time frame can start a new round. It may be appropriate for one person to send a polite profile comment reminding them around the 12 hour mark (I found in the last thread a lot of people genuinely didn't notice they won and were active once reminded), but don't PM them and don't message them more than once.

Here's an example round:

1. Is it dual-typed? No
2. Is it found in hordes? No
3. Is it one of the original 15 types? Yes
4. Was it introduced after gen 3? No
5. Does it share a type with any starter Pokemon? No
6. Does it stand on two legs? Yes
7. Was its type Special-based before the physical/special divide? No
8. Is it from a odd-numbered generation? No
9. Can it evolve? Yes
10. Does it appear in any of the Kalos Pokedexes? Yes
11. Is it immune to a type? Yes
12. Can it use a move that does damage to itself, such as Wood Hammer and Explosion (discounting struggle)? Yes
13. Does the Pokémon have more than two weaknesses? No
14. Is it Sentret? No
15. Is it Teddiursa? You got it man B)

I will think of a Pokemon for the first round!

Last edited:

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Could it evolve since the first generation it appeared in?

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Is it a starter?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Does every member of its evolution line share a dex colour?