• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon 25th anniversary ideas

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Having remakes is one traditional I really dont want GF to break.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I am on the bandwagon saying that DP remakes are coming soon but I’m not trying to hype up expectations for anyone. I just think there are several hints in the Expansion Pass that point to remakes sort of like how the original DP hinted HGSS.

janejane6178

I am on the bandwagon saying that DP remakes are coming soon but I’m not trying to hype up expectations for anyone. I just think there are several hints in the Expansion Pass that point to remakes sort of like how the original DP hinted HGSS.
How did DP hint on HSS ? Never knew

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
Well, I would really like for Game Freak to announce to bring back Pokemon Colleseum, and Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness to the switch in a 2 part collection. Still have hopes for a Pokemon Master Collection of games on switch. On another note, yeah I am guessing Diamond and Pearl are coming, or some pokemon game with Rayquaza in them. (I'm basing this on the space station reveal with Rayquaza in space). Maybe it will be tied in to Diamond and Pearl, or a 3DS remake. I don't know and don't want to speculate to much on it. Other than that, I would like to see news come this week for a Pokemon Direct (I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants this to happen, :)).

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Well, I would really like for Game Freak to announce to bring back Pokemon Colleseum, and Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness to the switch in a 2 part collection. Still have hopes for a Pokemon Master Collection of games on switch. On another note, yeah I am guessing Diamond and Pearl are coming, or some pokemon game with Rayquaza in them. (I'm basing this on the space station reveal with Rayquaza in space). Maybe it will be tied in to Diamond and Pearl, or a 3DS remake. I don't know and don't want to speculate to much on it. Other than that, I would like to see news come this week for a Pokemon Direct (I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants this to happen, :)).
Heck yea. That would be incredible. I love those games and it would be nice to have saves that aren't tied to a memory card.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, a crazy one they could pull with DP - and I doubt it'd happen but for the sake of speculation - is just allowing players to visit all regions of "PokéJapan" as in: you could take a boat to Kanto, Johto and Hoenn.

Yeah, I know it's not very likely but it'd neat

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
But I wonder how they could do that with the DS games since we need two screens
Good question. I think they could find work arounds.

Like have you actually digging for treasure, minus the mini game and just have battling set up like in Sword and Shield.

Golden_Arcanine

Well, a crazy one they could pull with DP - and I doubt it'd happen but for the sake of speculation - is just allowing players to visit all regions of "PokéJapan" as in: you could take a boat to Kanto, Johto and Hoenn.

Yeah, I know it's not very likely but it'd neat

That one I feel fairly confident isn't happening for a LONG, LONG time.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I have good names idea: Shiny Diamond and Dazzling Pearl
I came up with Eternal Diamond and Cosmic Pearl. I think they have an interesting ring to them and both relate to their respective Legendaries. Eternal fits Diamond because of Dialga controlling time and also because of the phrase “Diamonds are forever.” Cosmic because Palkia controls space and in a way sort of relates to Steven Universe where Pearl is an intergalactic being from a different planet in the cosmos.

janejane6178

I came up with Eternal Diamond and Cosmic Pearl. I think they have an interesting ring to them and both relate to their respective Legendaries. Eternal fits Diamond because of Dialga controlling time and also because of the phrase “Diamonds are forever.” Cosmic because Palkia controls space and in a way sort of relates to Steven Universe where Pearl is an intergalactic being from a different planet in the cosmos.
Its a nice idea.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
I was technically right about there being a "brand new type of main series game never before seen".
I'm cool with it. Open world pokemon now confirmed is always a win to me (although that's coming from enjoying Breath of the Wild way too much). I do like the whole Chibi combined with the Diamond/Pearl Remakes, and them being different looking in battles.