• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon 25th anniversary ideas

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Oh ic, thats mean of them
Yea it is. Same thing happens with Switch pro rumors. Those kinds of sites love to get clicks and get things stirred up.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that this year's game might be bigger in scope than a traditional remake. I see it as a Pokemon equivalent to Power Rangers' Shattered Grid event.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think that this year's game might be bigger in scope than a traditional remake. I see it as a Pokemon equivalent to Power Rangers' Shattered Grid event.
I think it's wishful thinking. I'm thinking maybe they'll release some of the older games via the eshop. Don't see any new games coming out for some years yet, apart from Snap, given development time, covid and the like.

If I'm going from said rumor, then if it is true, maybe we'll get an announcement about said game(s), but it might further on down the road before they release, as in not this year.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Thats why I blocked all the pokemon you tubers. I cant stand how they r reviewing leaks and making money out of their viewers.
Not every YouTuber is HDVee, Some actually play the actual game.

You might have been premature in this move.

Also, for the 25th, adding back missing mons, but not Megas, Z-Moves and forms/formes not present would be a perfect 1ST step. But Snap with a better engine than 8th gen is fine, sure...but it won't shut up the NatDexers, the silencing of which needs to be prioritized to heal the franchise. They'll whine about how the games SHULD HAV BEN LIEK THIZ ALWAYZ.

Weed out those who just want older mons out from the greedy munchkins(The TTRPG player type definition), then start with new releases.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Regardless of the 25th anniversary I'd like the next games to be Diamond/Pearl/Platinum remakes. Personally I've been feeling nostalgic for these games and have been replaying Platinum.

Worst case scenario for the game I dont want to see is a Let's Go sequel. I dont have any interest in Pokemon Go or the Let's Go due to it taking away the traditional battle mechanics.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Thats why I blocked all the pokemon you tubers. I cant stand how they r reviewing leaks and making money out of their viewers.
You’re not missing much. I don’t really care when people make rumors but when it’s all a good portion of them cover as content, I just ignore it. I did the same around SM so I don’t blame you.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Imo, no. Saying sources close to the company are saying that the games are in development is a) wishful thinking and b) very vague. I take it with a huge grain of salt. They (said leaker site) know that people want said games really bad and will do just about anything to get clicks and keep people believing said rumors.
While I agree, you should take any leak with a grain of salt, even if it comes from a reputable source; Centro has a pretty good reputation for leaking real information.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
While I agree, you should take any leak with a grain of salt, even if it comes from a reputable source; Centro has a pretty good reputation for leaking real information.
Yea. It's better to not get overhyped.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
You’re not missing much. I don’t really care when people make rumors but when it’s all a good portion of them cover as content, I just ignore it. I did the same around SM so I don’t blame you.
There are quality PokéTubers:The person you are quoting, and you, were likely burned by HDVee, Austin John Plays, Blaines, Verlisify, DistantKingdom, or somebody similar.

Fun fact:You can look for PokéTubers who aren't leakbaiters if you put effort into it.

Still, getting rid of casual NatDexers who just want missing mons by providing such, with heavily revised movesets, but not all moves, forms, Formes, Megas, Z-Moves, features, past regions, minigames, battle facilities and all other dead content, thus revealing those who want everything all the time for their games, aka munchkins, and subsequently running a discredtation psyop of said munchkins like corporations do all the time, should be the tactical priority, not more games that will not heal the fandom.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
There are quality PokéTubers:The person you are quoting, and you, were likely burned by HDVee, Austin John Plays, Blaines, Verlisify, DistantKingdom, or somebody similar.

Fun fact:You can look for PokéTubers who aren't leakbaiters if you put effort into it.

Still, getting rid of casual NatDexers who just want missing mons by providing such, with heavily revised movesets, but not all moves, forms, Formes, Megas, Z-Moves, features, past regions, minigames, battle facilities and all other dead content, thus revealing those who want everything all the time for their games, aka munchkins, and subsequently running a discredtation psyop of said munchkins like corporations do all the time, should be the tactical priority, not more games that will not heal the fandom.
Blaines is familiar yes. Def a click bait you tuber

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
As far as I'm aware the only concrete information we have is that the diamondpearl.pokemon.com domain was briefly (and possibly accidentally, as it still hasn't been acknowledged by TPC) activated. This domain was previously used to advertise Pokemon Diamond and Pearl when they were released.

When Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were announced, the original rubysapphire.pokemon.com domain was activated for their marketing sites. This, obviously, can be taken as strong evidence that Diamond and Pearl remakes are on the horizon, but is by no means proof.

Also certain people in this thread would really do well to stop randomly insulting large portions of the playerbase for seemingly no reason at all other than personal gripes.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Where there's smoke, there's fire. I do think that DP remakes are coming based on what we've seen from insiders and the domain. Usually when we see multiple sources pointing towards the same thing, it ends up being true. I'm not absolutely taking it as fact, but I do believe it. I'd be disappointed if it doesn't, but I was going to be disappointed even before all this came out. This just seems like the perfect time for DP remakes while we're in the middle of a new gen on new hardware.

I'm going to be even more disappointed if they don't do Sinnoh justice and cut too much from the originals though. Sinnoh is my favorite region because it's such a vast, expansive region with a wealth of content, and if they can't replicate that same feeling on the remake, it just won't feel like DP. Unfortunately this seems to be the antithesis of Game Freak/TPC's MO lately, but I'm still going to hold out hope until it's deconfirmed.

WalesNote

Would much love a Platinum remake, but I guess DP are going to be remade instead.

Question is, how much of the game is going to be ruined? How much Platinum content are they adding?
Will they keep Giratina's storyline? Or at least the Distortion World? Battle Frontier? Charon?
Include events for Shaymin, Darkrai and Arceus?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Where there's smoke, there's fire. I do think that DP remakes are coming based on what we've seen from insiders and the domain. Usually when we see multiple sources pointing towards the same thing, it ends up being true. I'm not absolutely taking it as fact, but I do believe it. I'd be disappointed if it doesn't, but I was going to be disappointed even before all this came out. This just seems like the perfect time for DP remakes while we're in the middle of a new gen on new hardware.

I'm going to be even more disappointed if they don't do Sinnoh justice and cut too much from the originals though. Sinnoh is my favorite region because it's such a vast, expansive region with a wealth of content, and if they can't replicate that same feeling on the remake, it just won't feel like DP. Unfortunately this seems to be the antithesis of Game Freak/TPC's MO lately, but I'm still going to hold out hope until it's deconfirmed.
Maybe. But I'm thinking we'll be getting an announcement on it. The game(s)? I don't think they'll be out this year.

It would be great if they brought back actual digging for treasure again though.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The CT dropped several hints and even the missing Pokémon are related to Sinnoh for the most part.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Maybe. But I'm thinking we'll be getting an announcement on it. The game(s)? I don't think they'll be out this year.

Unfortunately that's not usually their style and it's probably not in their best interest to do so. They haven't had a full new game since 2021, and I don't think they delay it to 2022. What they could do to compensate for any issues is release DLC in 2022 to fill in the gaps, which would be scummy, but IMO would be preferable to leaving it incomplete like ORAS. It's a matter of whether or not they're willing to spread 8th gen out to 4 years instead of the typical 3 year generations like they've been doing lately, and I'm not so sure they are.

It would be great if they brought back actual digging for treasure again though.

Yeah, the digging NPCs just aren't the same as the digging minigame in the Underground, so I hope that they bring it back in full. Maybe that's one way they could integrate Max Raid battles if they feel so inclined to work that in (ORAS had some 6th gen mechanics like Mega Evolutions, Horde Battles, and the PSS, so it's plausible that Sinnoh remakes could have 8th gen mechanics such as Dynamax, Max Raid Battles, and the Y-Comm).

If we're getting into wishlist territory though, here's what I would want to see out of Sinnoh remakes:
-No significant cuts to the region and no streamlining the level design too much.
-HMs return as a Poke Ride/Secret Technique sort of mechanic, and most of the field moves return except for Flash and Defog (Rock Smash, Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Rock Climb, and Waterfall should stay).
-Sinnoh Dex should include Platinum's expansion, cross gen evolutions, and the remaining 4th gen legendaries (also the Regis since they're needed to awaken Regigigas). Preferably there should also be Sinnohan variants (I'm not sure if they'd put them in the main game, they seem to be averse to adding new Pokemon to the main games in remakes), but if not they should have the Sinnohan variants and the remaining Pokemon not in SwSh in a post game dex expansion.
-Sinnoh Underground returns, and is now online. Additionally, there are now Max Raid battles in the Underground.
-The Great Marsh returns, but without Safari Zone mechanics. They could instead have Go capture mechanics or just make it like a Wild Area.
-Contests return.
-A Delta Episode-esque story arc involving Giratina, the Distortion World, and Arceus.
-Additionally story arcs (possibly through DLC since they probably won't be able to fit all this in in the base game) for other event Pokemon such as Cresselia/Darkrai, Shaymin, and Manaphy.

And that's about the minimum I'm willing to accept for DP remakes, if they have much less than this I'm not buying it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Sinnoh fossils being missing which can’t be explained by them living in warmer climates as Lileep is said to have lived in warm seas in prehistoric times yet they are found in the CT, the Pure Incense being an item from the base game release and Chingling and Chimecho are missing and you use the Pure Incense to get Chingling, and all of the pre Gen V missing Pokémon have some sort of connection to Sinnoh whether it be through evolutions originating there or Pokémon of other regions being more common in Sinnoh than their home region like Meditite.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The CT dropped several hints and even the missing Pokémon are related to Sinnoh for the most part.
When actually, it's Hoenn that has the most missing, while Johto has the highest percentage missing. Sinnoh is 2nd in both categories however.