• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon 25th anniversary ideas

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
If they make a DP game then i hope its an actual remake and not a Sinnoh reboot or something like that. I just want a normal remake like the previous ones

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
If they make a DP game then i hope its an actual remake and not a Sinnoh reboot or something like that. I just want a normal remake like the previous ones
I’d like to see a mix of DP and Platinum with a few new additions such as an expanded Great Marsh that does away with the step count limit and free admittance but you have the option to buy Safari Balls at the counter and you can find Pokémon such as Goomy and Unovan Stunfisk in areas unlocked in the post game. I also want to see the Valley Windworks and Floraroma Town getting more things to do and a bigger importance in the remakes if they ever happen.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
The Sinnoh games are the only ones in the series I haven't played, but based on everything I'm seeing the Great Marsh seems like the perfect place to retool into a Wild Area. Depending on how it works it could serve as a place to catch regional variants too - I forget where I saw that but somebody somewhere said they'd want it to be more than just trades a la Let's Go or SwSh.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that we are just going to get something that's easy to develop because of the pandemic.

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:

While I'm sure that's what most players want, I think I'm leaning towards them rebooting D/P since I don't really feel a sense of excitement thinking about a remastered version of D/P: maybe it's because I played through the originals a dozen times, but I don't see the appeal of replaying the same game on the Switch with only minor alterations to the plot if we're getting typical remakes.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
You know what would be great if they took more creative liberty with DP remakes? Cresselia and Darkrai as the box art legendaries! There could be like an underlying theme revolving around dreams that could be used to connect all the generations together. And something cheesy about dreams and "remembering the past but looking forward to the future with hope" for the 25th.

I just think they make a better box art duo than Dialga and Palkia lol.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
While I'm sure that's what most players want, I think I'm leaning towards them rebooting D/P since I don't really feel a sense of excitement thinking about a remastered version of D/P: maybe it's because I played through the originals a dozen times, but I don't see the appeal of replaying the same game on the Switch with only minor alterations to the plot if we're getting typical remakes.
I played DPP 1000 times too, but Idk I just really LOVE remakes... seeing the region in a new light with some minor changes. Better than new region game for me (ofc regions we didnt see 1000000 times like Kanto and Johto...)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Italianbaptist said:
You know what would be great if they took more creative liberty with DP remakes? Cresselia and Darkrai as the box art legendaries! There could be like an underlying theme revolving around dreams that could be used to connect all the generations together. And something cheesy about dreams and "remembering the past but looking forward to the future with hope" for the 25th.

I just think they make a better box art duo than Dialga and Palkia lol.

While that's an interesting idea, there's almost no chance of that happening since Dialga and Palkia are arguably more popular overall, and it wouldn't make much sense to replace them as mascots. Being able to capture Darkrai without an event would be nice, though.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
If DP remakes are in the works, I think that Dialga becoming its Primal form and Palkia getting a Primal form should happen in something similar to Gigantamax just as the ORAS Box Legendaries got a special transformation similar to Mega Evolution.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Pokemon collection of the first three gen's remakes for the Switch in Summer as a "road to gen 4 remake" would make sense though there are some things I am not sure how they're going to work though.

Golden_Arcanine

I won't lie, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some sort of announcement about DP remakes during the 25th anniversary. Fits too well.

Golden_Arcanine

I don't think it does, as this is supposed to be Red and Blue's anniversary.

It's the 25th anniversary of Pokemon, I believe the 15th anniversary of DP, and we're missing a LARGE chunk of DP Pokemon from SwSh I believe.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Golden_Arcanine said:
It's the 25th anniversary of Pokemon, I believe the 15th anniversary of DP, and we're missing a LARGE chunk of DP Pokemon from SwSh I believe.

While I'm sure D/P remakes will happen eventually, I've been wondering if Game Freak will simply take the easy way out and add a Gen IV based expansion pack to Shield and Sword to cover those missing Pokemon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
While I'm sure D/P remakes will happen eventually, I've been wondering if Game Freak will simply take the easy way out and add a Gen IV based expansion pack to Shield and Sword to cover those missing Pokemon.
Lol that would suck and I bet that anything that isn't DP remakes will probably cause a huge uproar with the fandom.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokegirl Fan~ said:
Lol that would suck and I bet that anything that isn't DP remakes will probably cause a huge uproar with the fandom.

I suppose, although I expect there to be plenty of ill feelings already when the D/P remakes inevitably leave out the Gen IV Battle Frontier.